Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-03-2012, 12:03 PM   #71
WildOne
the "crazy cat" lady

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Blk Vrt
I got quite a surprise last August when my 2012 came in. Our 2010 was about $750 per year with 100k/500k, 500 deductible so I figured that my 2012 would be about the same. "Forgot" to factor in my husbands accident (he backed into someone). The quote was $1500 annually for my 2012...for a car I drive about once per month!! I called several companies to get quotes and some were seriously insane $3000 for 6 months, etc. I did find a company that was about $200 per year cheaper with more coverage. I have collector car coverage on my 98 Vette and it costs me $350 per year! Going to switch the 2012 to the same since I now have baseline mileage for the agent.
BTW I've been driving for 26 years, never had a ticket and only one at fault accident.
WildOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:51 PM   #72
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
OMG $860/month!!! That's highway robbery!

My SS isn't a daily driver and I have it insured with Hagerty Collector Car insurance. I just got my renewal notice and it's $777/year which I think is very reasonable. I'm 50 so of course my insurance will be less than you but you can do a lot better than $860 a month.

Russ
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:54 PM   #73
brAnd7onX

Drives: 2012 1SS IOM
That's just insane... I'm 25 and I'm paying $200 a month and that's with an accident and a ticket. $100k/$300k with $500 deductible.

2012 Camaro SS IOM "TigreSS"
Borla "S" Catback
C.A.I. Intake
VMax Ported TB
JRE Tune
brAnd7onX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:12 PM   #74
knitetrain05
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS 45th Anniversary Edi
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamZ View Post
So I am 21 paying $120 a month on insurance since I am still on my fathers policy. I just got a quote to see what it would be if I were on my own. Guesses????.......$860/month hahaha. Which is nearly twice what I am paying for the car lol. I may be stuck selling my SS in a few years :(. Oh I have one non-at-fault accident on my record. That's it lol.

Punk insurance get over it. Your dam luckly to have a camaro. So stop. You want wine with that cheese? Thank god for daddy
knitetrain05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:17 PM   #75
knitetrain05
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS 45th Anniversary Edi
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Prime View Post
Obviously, you should stay on the old man's policy for a few more years lol. But when the day comes for you to finally get off the "tit of life" you should get a quote from the insurance company that your dad has his policy with.

My case; I am a 24 yr old male with one at-fault (minor fender-bender) accident, one not-at-fault (totaled my previous truck) accident, and no speeding tickets. I have been insured with USAA since I got my license at 16 yrs old. I too was living off the "tit of life" while still being listed under my parents' policy. When my truck was totaled I decided that was a good time for me to go ahead and get my own policy. I KNEW it was going to be expensive to insure my '11 SS, but I was determined to make it happen either way. And boy, did I luck out. My policy started off at somewhere around $2500 range for JUST 6 months, but thanks to my "good history" and a number of other discounts with USAA I ended up getting a 6 month policy for about $650. And yes, that is full coverage with a $250 deductible.

In a nutshell, IF you have been with one insurance company for a number of years make sure to check with that company when you decide to branch off on your own. They could offer you a significant amount of savings through relationship discounts.

And sorry for the long-winded reply lol.

Short winded reply: Life's Tough. Get a Helmet
knitetrain05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:30 PM   #76
SleepWarz
Banned

Drives: 1991 New Yorker, 69 Tbird, ABM2SSRS
3200 a year, so I dont want to hear it. was supposed to be 4200 before my adjuster worked some magic
SleepWarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:45 PM   #77
Matmobl88

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
I'm gonna have to agree with everyone else man, get some quotes from other places. I am 24, two wrecks, one at fault the other not; and I have at least 6 tickets on my record, and I have full coverage and quite a bit of safety netting (what I call those extras, e.g.. medical coverages and whatnot) on both my car and my wife's car, we only pay 175 a month. Granted, I have USAA and they are hands down the greatest insurance/bank I have ever used. But, search around, that is insanity!!!!