Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 10-04-2011, 07:28 PM   #155
mikepage0007

Drives: 2010 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach@ExtremePerformance View Post
"Call Elizabeth...it's the big one..."
Yes, folks, the end is nigh. Alpine is officially now taking orders on the (overly) long awaited Camaro dash kit. They say
As I mentioned before, they don't even have the ability to enter a part into their order system until they are pretty sure that the item is on the way. When they release memos to the reps that they CAN indeed order something, it's as sure as anything ever gets in mobile electronics at that point. So start lining up at your favorite local dealer and get yer deposits down.
The kits will include the Steering Wheel interface. The Onstar interface is separate, as they are guessing that a lot of Camaro owners won't necessarily car about keeping OnStar.

Now, also keep in mind, assuming no monkey wrenches are thrown into the works, and they DO show up in "mid November"...that "mid November", run through a Corporate Speak decoder ring, translates easily as the 18th...possibly even the 21st. Then they have to get checked in and then get broken out for shipping...plus time actually spent on the brown trucks heading to dealers, and you gots Thanksgiving in there, too. So, for East Coasters like me & my Florida friends, it may easily be very LATE November or even the 1st, 2nd, or 5th of December before we can actually lay our grubby little hands on them. So don't start harassing them on the 18th saying "why don't you have it yet?!?!?!" with murder in your eyes. lol We want it just as badly as you do.
is it really true, i KNOW i,m 1st in line...bumblebee is also looking, i will send him a pm and let him know to give you a call
Old 10-04-2011, 07:48 PM   #156
highstik5

Drives: Summit White SS/RS
I never did see the answer about the heated seat control? I'd hate like hell to wait for this kit and it have a bug or something.
2010 SW 2SS/RS MT6, Inferno Orange Interior: ECS Blower and Cam, Kooks LTs high flow cats and cross pipe, Borla Atak cat back, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Boze Acute wheels, Hurst Shifter, Custom Carbon Fiber striping, Technostalgia Tail Lights, Painted Heritage Grill...641whp/577ftlb, and VERY HAPPY!
highstik5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:27 AM   #157
Zach@ExtremePerformance

Drives: not a Camaro :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepage0007 View Post
is it really true, i KNOW i,m 1st in line...bumblebee is also looking, i will send him a pm and let him know to give you a call

LOL See, I EXPECTED you to wander up front 'round about 5:30...I was just going to grin and say "got one coming for you" and grin.

But, naturally (Murphy's Law) you didn't swing by yesterday. Figured you'd at least see it here, though; as you did.

And yes, I have you covered! And bumblebee as well.
Zach@ExtremePerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:34 AM   #158
Zach@ExtremePerformance

H3ATED - the OnStar mod is actually a separate part from the Camaro kit. They specifically said in their official release
"The GM kit (they have a kit for GM SUV's coming, as well) will include everything you need for it to operate flawlessly with an On-Star equipped GM vehicle. For Camaro, we are selling the On-Star module separately. Our information leads us to believe virtually every GM kit purchaser will use it in a vehicle that has On-Star. We are not so sure the same theory applies to the Camaro so we are separating the module from the kit."
And it has it's own part number. Sorry.
The Camaro kit DOES include steering wheel integration.

highstick- Jeremy at Miranda answered someone in another thread yesterday on that. The Alpine & the universal Scosche versions will control those things through the touchscreen. Radios, Alpine or otherwise, do not have an interface into that; so you can get the kit and radio you like and you're covered.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:41 AM   #159
BumbleBeeSS2009

Drives: Rally Yellow 2SS/RS
Zach - please put me down right behind Mike - I will definately be picking this up from you guys as soon as you have it - let me know if you need payment in full upfront or just a deposit - either way Im ready!!

#52325 Delivered 11/07/2009
BumbleBeeSS2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:42 AM   #160
BumbleBeeSS2009

Mike - just curious - which head unit are you going with?

Old 10-05-2011, 09:50 AM   #161
Zach@ExtremePerformance

Tony, got you C5 guys covered - I figured you two and a few more would be wantin' one.

Next time you're in the area, swing by and drop off deposit if you would. And yes, you'll get called once they hit our hands!
Old 10-05-2011, 10:03 AM   #162
BumbleBeeSS2009

Quote:
highstick- Jeremy at Miranda answered someone in another thread yesterday on that. The Alpine & the universal Scosche versions will control those things through the touchscreen. Radios, Alpine or otherwise, do not have an interface into that; so you can get the kit and radio you like and you're covered.
Zach - just so Im clear - the heated seats will still be retained and will be controlled through the touch screen on the alpine unit itself not the actual radio correct?

Last edited by BumbleBeeSS2009; 10-05-2011 at 10:21 AM.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:16 AM   #163
Zach@ExtremePerformance

Yes. The kit itself facilitates this.

Wait, what? How often do you USE your heated seats? lol Twice a year, and one of those by accident? The other when you drive up to see someone in Michigan?
Old 10-05-2011, 10:17 AM   #164
Wantconvertible

Drives: 2011 SS/RS VERT
Good I can start saveing my lunch money to get one By Nov/Dec I should have that amount Oh shit now I have to get a head unit then a amp then a sub dam the the lunch money Ill just take out a loan
I Have my system all priced out Im just really waiting on this part

Last edited by Wantconvertible; 10-05-2011 at 11:29 AM.
Wantconvertible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:17 AM   #165
BumbleBeeSS2009

Quote:

Wait, what? How often do you USE your heated seats? lol Twice a year, and one of those by accident? The other when you drive up to see someone in Michigan?
I NEVER use them lol.. the wife on the other hand is a different story

Old 10-05-2011, 10:18 AM   #166
H3ATEDSS

Drives: 2011 Black on Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
H3ATED - the OnStar mod is actually a separate part from the Camaro kit. They specifically said in their official release
"The GM kit (they have a kit for GM SUV's coming, as well) will include everything you need for it to operate flawlessly with an On-Star equipped GM vehicle. For Camaro, we are selling the On-Star module separately. Our information leads us to believe virtually every GM kit purchaser will use it in a vehicle that has On-Star. We are not so sure the same theory applies to the Camaro so we are separating the module from the kit."
And it has it's own part number. Sorry.
The Camaro kit DOES include steering wheel integration.

Ok then she mislead me, thank yOu for clearing that up! Is she atleast right on the pricing?
H3ATEDSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:19 AM   #167
Wantconvertible

Drives: 2011 SS/RS VERT
Quote:

Never I don't drive the car in the winter ,I don't like heated seat anyway
Wantconvertible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:39 AM   #168
Zach@ExtremePerformance

Yes, that part is correct: Retail is $400.

Tags
alpine, dash kit, ktx-cmo