Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 02-28-2013, 09:47 PM   #1
Wuiquen

Drives: 2018 Hot Red ZL1
heating elements replacements

So after a lot of visits to the dealer, they finally decided to replace my heating elements for my heated seats, i have another thread about it. Howrver, i am pissed off because i was told that the parts are not being made anymore. The part departments said the computer shows that GM is looking for a vendor to make the part. How true is this? I hope someone can tell me what to do. It is proven that my heated seats dont work cuz the connector was ripped from the element. I could fix it but i.dont have the tools plus i want a car in good condition. I paid full price for a brand new car and when i need GM to replace my part i get this????
Old 03-01-2013, 08:18 AM   #2
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuiquen View Post
So after a lot of visits to the dealer, they finally decided to replace my heating elements for my heated seats, i have another thread about it. Howrver, i am pissed off because i was told that the parts are not being made anymore. The part departments said the computer shows that GM is looking for a vendor to make the part. How true is this? I hope someone can tell me what to do. It is proven that my heated seats dont work cuz the connector was ripped from the element. I could fix it but i.dont have the tools plus i want a car in good condition. I paid full price for a brand new car and when i need GM to replace my part i get this????
We apologize for the frustrations. Can you please provide me with the part number? I will be more than happy in checking the status on this part.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 03-02-2013, 08:03 AM   #3
edgehead2000
2016 Camaro 1LT 2.0T

Drives: Nemesis
What?! That's stupid. You buy a new car with heated seats and the vendor doesn't exist anymore? What are they using on the newer cars?
edgehead2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:55 PM   #4
firestone_ss

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
just fix the one you have.There are two wires that have brakage issues,IT takes like 20 minutes total time,theres a thread with pics here somewhere
firestone_ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:09 PM   #5
Wuiquen

Drives: 2018 Hot Red ZL1
Brandon,

Part number are 2296- 8259 and 2296-8258.
Please let me know what you find out