Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

View Poll Results: Will you be attending "Texas Camaro Revolution"?
Absolutely! See ya there! 88 49.72%
If my schedule allows, you can count on it! 77 43.50%
Nope, wish I could. 12 6.78%
Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-04-2012, 08:57 PM   #1
SATXCamaro
San Antonio Camaro Club

Drives: Camaro - All Generations
3rd Annual Texas-Wide Meet Up

This year, the San Antonio Camaro Club has taken over what has become an absolutely amazing event. The past two years, one of our own, Damon(DMDTexAg06), has done an awesome job organizing this event. Having moved to Florida, he has passed the torch on to us, and we are looking to continue a great tradition.

Years past have included a cruise to The Oasis in Austin, and a photo shoot after a countryside cruise. This year, however, will be a three day event in San Antonio, full of drag racing, autocross, a car show, a photo shoot, popular vendors, good food, and great people.

We are looking to hold what we're calling "Texas Camaro Revolution" on April 12th, 13th, and 14th of 2013.

More specifics will come as time progresses, but for now...who's in?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010ABM View Post
Ok guys and gals...the moment you've been waiting for...the HOST HOTEL.

We'll be staying at the Hampton Inn and Suites - Selma. The room rate is $89, and includes hot breakfast every morning. We currently have 45 rooms blocked off, and we will open more as necessary. There is also an overflow hotel just a minute away, so we'll coordinate that when it becomes needed.

This hotel is only a few minutes from both the Autocross track and Bikinis for our Saturday night blowout, and a short cruise from the Friday night drag strip. The address is:

14655 IH-35N Access Road
Selma, Texas 78154

To reserve your room, please call the number below, and tell them you are with the 3rd Annual Texas Camaro Meet-Up Group:

210-590-3388

The track location(s) will be released SOON...just waiting on the finalization of contracts there as well. In the meantime, go book those rooms!

Alright...finally, here's all the track/event info you've been waiting for!

Friday night is gonna be full of drag racing, tailgating and catching up with old friends. You'll be able to find us at San Antonio Raceway, in Marion, Texas. We won't have the track to ourselves, we'll be joined by the Test 'N Tune peeps that are running that night. We will, however, have our own classes and times to run...so make sure you and your buddies are ready to do some grudge racin'!

We have both a website and Facebook page set up for this event:

http://www.texascamarorevolution.com/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Texas...01839719924923

April 12 - 14, 2013

We'll be staying at the Hampton Inn and Suites - Selma. The room rate is $89, and includes hot breakfast every morning. We currently have 45 rooms blocked off, and we will open more as necessary. There is also an overflow hotel just a minute away, so we'll coordinate that when it becomes needed.

This hotel is only a few minutes from both the Autocross track and Bikinis for our Saturday night blowout, and a short cruise from the Friday night drag strip. The address is:

14655 IH-35N Access Road
Selma, Texas 78154

To reserve your room, please call the number below, and tell them you are with the 3rd Annual Texas Camaro Meet-Up Group:

210-590-3388

*Update on drag racing*

We are running three classes at the drag racing: unlimited, street tire, and brackets. This way the big dogs can play in the unlimited class, the street driven warriors can dominate in the street tire class, and even if you don't have the fastest car you can still win in the brackets class.

Per instructions from San Antonio Raceway, we must be at the track at 6PM when the gates open, and ready to hit the track at 7PM if you wish to race. Don't wanna race, you can mosey on in at any time during the night.

Awards will be given for first and second place in each class.

Friday night is gonna be full of drag racing, tailgating and catching up with old friends. You'll be able to find us at San Antonio Raceway, in Marion, Texas. We won't have the track to ourselves, we'll be joined by the Test 'N Tune peeps that are running that night. We will, however, have our own classes and times to run...so make sure you and your buddies are ready to do some grudge racin'!

San Antonio Raceway will be charging their usual $20 for racing, $10 for spectating.

Track info:

3641 S. Santa Clara Rd.
Marion, TX 78124

http://sanantonioraceway.com/

Saturday is our BIG day. First thing Saturday morning, we'll be setting up TeXasCross at Retama Park thanks to Pedders USA and the H-Town Camaro Club. There will be TONS of room for not only the courses, but a car show (more info to come) and vendor area.

Entrance prices will be as follows:

TeXasCross - $30 (per driver)

Car Show - $25

Spectators - $5

Retama info:

1 Retama Parkway
Selma, TX 78154

http://www.retamapark.com/

Saturday night, as you already know, is our Bikinis Blowout. We'll be gathering for some cold beverages and a good meal after a long day of time trials at Retama. We'll also be doing the awards that evening at the restaurant.

Bikinis info:

13846 North IH-35
Live Oak, Texas

http://www.facebook.com/BikinisLiveOak

Sunday, in the spirit of of keeping tradition, we'll be doing a cruise up to the Oasis in Austin for lunch. They'll have the same area set up for us as last year, and the same great buffet style lunch. This will be a great opportunity to get some pictures of all the cars and the group.

Oasis info:

6550 Comanche Trail
Austin, Texas 78732

http://www.oasis-austin.com/

Hope you guys and gals are getting excited about this...I know we are! Any sponsors/vendors that are interested in being part of this incredible event, please contact us!

Also, please make sure to go take our survey on the TCR website...this will significantly help us with event preparations. Event t-shirt details to come SOON:

http://www.texascamarorevolution.com/#!survey/cx9d

It's time to start preregistering for the autox, car show, and cruise/lunch. Below you will find a link to AXWare, which is the system we're using for all three events registration...you WILL have to create an account. This doesn't mean you'll get emails from them, it's just the easiest way for us to keep track of names, cars, etc.. AutoX spots are limited, and after April 5th there will be a $5 late registration fee (provided there are still spaces left).

The drag strip preregistration is simply a head count type deal...all monies collected for that will be done at the track by the facility's staff.

The Oasis wants the entire party paid for in one check, so paying in advance makes it much easier for us to do that. We also have to give them a rough head count a week out, so having a good idea of who will be there will greatly help us.

You guys go get preregistered and ready for what's going to be the most incredible event we've ever had the honor to host!

www.axwaresystems.com/axorm

*INSTRUCTIONS FOR PREREGISTRATION*

Click the link provided.

In the top right of the screen, click the "New? Create A New Account" link.

Fill it all out and hit "Save and Continue"

You need to click the "Edit My Profile" button on the following screen and add in some personal info so that you can pay your registration fees later. Fill out your home address and home phone number.

Then click on the link at the top left that says "Event Calendar"

There's a drop-down menu in the center-top of the screen below "Club Selection"
Select "SACC - San Antonio Camaro Club"

Three events will be listed:
Texas Camaro Revolution - Drag Racing
Texas Camaro Revolution - Autocross
Texas Camaro Revolution - Cruise

And out to the right there's a "Register" button. Click the one you want to register for (you'll have to do this three times if you want to do all three things).

On the next screen, click the "Insert Your Entry For This Event" button.

At this point you can either checkout, or go back to the "Event Calendar" and register for another of the three events. Only the "Cruise" and the Autocross have payment values associated with them. Once you're done registering for whichever events you're going to participate in, you are finished.

All payments will be collected at the events. Please preregister, and bring cash or check to the event.

Also, we are still taking vendors and sponsors...the more we get, the more money we can donate to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, so PLEASE, help us out!

Last edited by SATXCamaro; 03-20-2013 at 08:57 PM.
SATXCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:03 PM   #2
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:07 PM   #3
LowLife

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Y'all know the shop and I are in,for what ever support & help y'all may need
LowLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:08 PM   #4
2010ABM

Drives: 2SS/RS ABM Camaro
I'll be there for sure!

Last edited by 2010ABM; 11-04-2012 at 09:24 PM.
2010ABM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:10 PM   #5
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:40 PM   #6
Atti2de
Móderator

Drives: 2SS/RS
Well, ya I'll be there....maybe the Texas bar will make an appearance...
Old 11-04-2012, 09:47 PM   #7
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
:(
Old 11-04-2012, 09:49 PM   #8
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
You know you wanna go.

And I suppose we'll make an appearance. I mean...pft...I guess the 20 min drive won't hurt.....too much.

TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:56 PM   #9
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
You know you wanna go.

And I suppose we'll make an appearance. I mean...pft...I guess the 20 min drive won't hurt.....too much.

OH hell yes I wanna go. Got a business trip to Seattle in January, Houston in April and Fest in August. Can't close the business any more than that. Economy is killing us right now.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:00 PM   #10
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705

Yep. I can understand that.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:03 PM   #11
T/A Taz

Drives: was 2010 SS/RS Cyber Gray
I sure hope I could be there at least one of the three days even if I have to get a job in the new year.

The evil global oligarchy can Suck my tailpipe and Kiss my SS
T/A Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:13 PM   #12
Hennesseyrgv
CAMARO5LINE FOUNDER

Drives: Hennessey HPE650
Thumbs up

Are we shooting for a mini camaro5 fest? It sounds like lots of fun.
Please some one open a driffting division or free style driffting for beginners."
Old 11-05-2012, 07:03 PM   #13
hawkfe

Drives: 2014 Stingray 3LT
I'm in, first year was a blast, missed the second, will be there for #3.
hawkfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:11 PM   #14
AvengerCamaro
AVNG3R

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS
This sounds awesome to me but wont know for sure until we get closer to the date. Will try and make it up there though!!!
AvengerCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote