Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-13-2010, 12:35 PM   #57
esperman
You Can Call Me Jay

Drives: 2010 1LT RJT Manual w/CAI & Solo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostromo View Post
Personally I find the interior interesting, clean and tastefully executed. I would hope that it could only get better. Combined with a visually arresting exterior, an imposing yet very wieldy physical presence, what's not to like with the Camaro?
well put indeed, good sir!
esperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 12:42 PM   #58
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
you might want to look at a few more of my 11000+ posts then ...
I can't - I'm banned from then PW thread.....
Hylton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 01:08 PM   #59
LS6-M22
Rockcrusher

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey View Post
Don't get me wrong, I like the interior, I just wished it was closer to the concept.
A lot of people were pumped about the 4 gauge cluster (I was as well) but I really liked the speedometer design. I wished they could have kept that metallic retro look. Even the metal work on and around the shifter is beautiful.

http://www.cartype.com/pics/5410/ful...cept_in_06.jpg
Thats funny I feel totally the opposite.I wish they went with a more modern interior.Love the car but unfortunately the interior was a deal breaker for me.
LS6-M22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 01:09 PM   #60
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
I can't - I'm banned from then PW thread.....
Surprisingly, I've only got about 750 posts in that thread. Not sure how many I have in the rest of off-topic but I figure it would be about the same. Soooo ... ~10k posts of mine are viewable for you
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 01:16 PM   #61
Hylton

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Surprisingly, I've only got about 750 posts in that thread. Not sure how many I have in the rest of off-topic but I figure it would be about the same. Soooo ... ~10k posts of mine are viewable for you
I don't have the time to go through your old stuff but I will pay more attention to what you have to say in the future.
Old 04-13-2010, 01:24 PM   #62
Dewey

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS Yellow w/stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS6-M22 View Post
Thats funny I feel totally the opposite.I wish they went with a more modern interior.Love the car but unfortunately the interior was a deal breaker for me.
I can respect that you want something newer looking however I don't think it would fit the car. The Camaro is an amalgamation of its predecessors (although mostly derived from the '69 model),taking on a retro style. To give it a modern interior wouldn't be true to the design.
Who knows, maybe they will decide to go modern with the interior with the future models.

Did you end up buying something from the competitors or are you holding out for something new from Chevy?
Dewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 01:34 PM   #63
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
We won a best interior award I guess that's cool and all. . .
Old 04-13-2010, 01:43 PM   #64
HIGHOCTANE

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS
Quote:
I see what you are saying. I'm not really thinking about a persons size when thinking about the camaro interiors issues. It's more like placement of things which would affect everyone.

For example:

The buttons on the overhead console are tough to find in the dark.
Agreed
The hazzard/door lock buttons are very low on the dash.
And what is the problem with that position? I bet for most there isn't one..

The trunk release might be better placed whever the door lock button is.
Better where it is IMO...easier access from outside the car when you don't have the key fob handy or it is in the ingniton..many times I have been outside the car and wanted to open the trunk when the keys were in the ignition...just open the driver's door and there it is...instead if it was where you say I would have to lean in the car or sit in the car to reach it..

The power plug should be inside the console as the Ipod or memory stick connection is. Would be nice to be able to charge my IPOD and play from it without having this black spooled up wire running from inside my console, around my shifter to the power plug.

NEWS FLASH...unless I got a special edition it does have a power port in the console..it is under the black cover just above the USB port..
and as said..IPOD charges via USB...seems like you are fishing for things ot to like and not even basing your "opinons" on personal experiences. I agree it is not perfect...but in your attempt to find alot wrong some of your examples are just reaching and innaccurate JMO.

2010 IBM 2SS/RS Camaro (M6)
Previous rides:
2003 Twin Turbo Mustang Cobra(900 RWHP)
2004 KB S/C Mustang Cobra(700 RWHP)
2003 Mustang GT,Heads,Cam, N20 ect..
HIGHOCTANE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 01:58 PM   #65
Hylton

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHOCTANE View Post
In case you were reading every second post, I own the car and I did acknowledge the IPOD issue as well as stated that I was happy with my interior. I can live with your opinion - live with mine.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:01 PM   #66
gtjacket
2G1FT1EW0A9118618

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Black/IOM M6
Hylton, I got your back. You have been the one of the most helpful (if not the most helpful) members on this site. You are welcome to your unbiased opinions. Just because we don't like everything about this car, does not mean we don't like it. I think GM did a great job on this car's first gen 5 model year, but there is still room for improvement. I am surprised no one mentioned the lack of passenger seat height control in the interior. My wife constantly bitches about this and I cannot believe that they chose to skimp on this feature. It should have at least been an option. I have tried to look at adding this myself or installing a new seat, but have not found a way which makes financial sense. I hope like hell they add this feature for the 2011 models and beyond because my wife is planning on getting a vert as long as this feature is available.
3400, Order broadcast 6/4
3800, Order produced 6/15
4000, Available to ship 6/16
4104, Bailment Invoice
4200, Shipped 6/19
6000, Delivered to the customer 6/25

2SS/RS BLK M6 GFX IOM interior
gtjacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 03:08 PM   #67
HIGHOCTANE

Quote:
In case you were reading every second post, I own the car and I did acknowledge the IPOD issue as well as stated that I was happy with my interior. I can live with your opinion - live with mine.

Oh I can live with you opinons...no problem. You know what they say about opinons..mine included.

So does yours not have the power port in the console? Just peaked my curiosty if not all of them have it.

Previous rides:
Old 04-13-2010, 03:10 PM   #68
HIGHOCTANE

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtjacket View Post
. My wife constantly bitches about this and I cannot believe that they chose to skimp on this feature. It should have at least been an option. I have tried to look at adding this myself or installing a new seat, but have not found a way which makes financial sense. I hope like hell they add this feature for the 2011 models and beyond because my wife is planning on getting a vert as long as this feature is available.
Oddly my wife is 5'0" and she hasn't said anything about the seat being too low...I'm not about to ask here either..might put the thought in her head. She loves to drive the car but said the passenger seat is actually more comfortable to her?? lol.

Previous rides:
Old 04-13-2010, 03:17 PM   #69
LS6-M22
Rockcrusher

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey View Post
Did you end up buying something from the competitors or are you holding out for something new from Chevy?
I thought about a used Corvette.Even considered a G8.I'm a die hard Chevy man.Maybe the new Z28 will loose the buck rogers dash but I highly doubt it.All it needs is new speedo and Tach and steering wheel for it to sell me.The current ones attract to much glare as well.Hell I can even live with the center stack HVAC which I am not crazy about.Even the 1969 140MPH camaro speedo looks more modern.
LS6-M22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 03:24 PM   #70
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
All i can say is when i go to work every morning i go from being half asleep to a big stupid looking grin on my face getting out of my car. I drove a 99 grand am winter beater for 3 months now that interior sucks Love the 2010 camaro interior...