Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

View Poll Results: Do you want a more powerful version of the Camaro(Z28)?
Yes 836 76.07%
No 263 23.93%
Voters: 1099. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-23-2008, 11:04 AM   #225
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
The SS is getting a Nurburgring-tuned, top-of-the-line GM suspension. You can't get a better suspension without aftermarket parts. I don't see the problem with the SS being top tier as long as it is getting the best parts.
if they used lighter suspension parts and double adjustable shocks we can talk about the tune. because yes the nurburgring is the giant of all race tracks but they will keep the suspension road worthy so the avg buyer won't be like this is to hard of a ride. so that's what I mean by race suspension setup.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 11:16 AM   #226
D-Unit

Drives: Camaro SS, Acura RSX
Maybe a Z28 will come out later that has a higher output version of the LS3 or a LS8 and this Z28 will be 200+ pounds lighter than the SS.....................
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 11:17 AM   #227
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Maybe a Z28 will come out later that has a higher output version of the LS3 or a LS8 and this Z28 will be 200+ pounds lighter than the SS.....................
if it is coming out it will be later. the only official no we've gotten about the Z28 is at the start of regular production.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 12:20 PM   #228
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
Sig' edited
Old 07-23-2008, 12:39 PM   #229
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Punk, I know where you guys are coming from when you say that if we talk about it, it keeps the nameplate and car alive. That's cool by me....

and if I didn't say it before, if the price is right, the Z28 is what I'd like to get....

But, I guess my main point/concern was the constant bickering. Since I'm sure we can all keep our heads on straight, let's continue the respectful conversation with one another.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 01:13 PM   #230
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Here's a couple threads that may help reduce the Z28 bickering.

Attn' GM: Please keep the Z28 alive
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5416

Z28 - Please try and understand.....
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5414
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 01:22 PM   #231
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
If they can't do anything, I wouldn't mind them just offering the LS3/manual package with this updated Bumblebee look. What would it cost GM to build this? A hood, front facia and a unique set of rims of some sort.

Hylton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 01:22 PM   #232
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Punk, I know where you guys are coming from when you say that if we talk about it, it keeps the nameplate and car alive. That's cool by my....

and if I didn't say it before, if the price is right, the Z28 is what I'd like to get....

But, I guess my main point/concern was the constant bickering. Since I'm sure we can all keep our heads on straight, let's continue the respectful conversation with one another.
Words to live by. gtahvit and I are pretty much on the same page, so if you Mods' want to reduce some clutter, feel free to merge my thread into his. I figure the more exposure GM could see here toward positive feedback and input for this model the better, but not at the expense of unnecessary clutter.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 01:25 PM   #233
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Not bad, IMHO. The front facia is a little much, however, definately different from base and SS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
If they can't do anything, I wouldn't mind them just offering the LS3/manual package with this updated Bumblebee look. What would it cost GM to build this? A hood, front facia and a unique set of rims of some sort.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 01:27 PM   #234
Hylton

If they could give us something similar, at least it's something. Maybe add a really stiff suspension and brake package to the LS3/manual package.
Old 07-23-2008, 01:30 PM   #235
Punk_rider

Drives: VW Typ 166 + Black 1LE
Quote:
Punk, I know where you guys are coming from when you say that if we talk about it, it keeps the nameplate and car alive. That's cool by my....

I didn't feel like I was not respectful. Myabe coz english's not my mother language.

I RESPECTFULLY apologize if anyone saw agressivity or anything like that in my posts.

You can read disappointment, maybe a little bit of anger, but nothing disrespectful (none of you is at fault if I don't get what I expected).

In sign of peace, I've even changed my sig!

But that's ok, I'm slowly dealing with my strong disapointment thanx to

Old 07-23-2008, 01:45 PM   #236
SKiZZ

Drives: 1998 S-10
Quote:
STOP!!!!!

What exactly did Cheryl say???

She said, She did NOT say there will be no Z28 model for next years production run. UGH!!!

Guys, like Scott uses words, you have to put your own play on words too. He's not the only one, you know! Have faith. Have faith. Have faith.

There might not be a Z28 this year. BUT....it's not like they could EVER make one again! TRUST ME!!!!!

THE SKY IS NOT FALLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

Now....everyone take a deep breath.
I think there trying to protect the Z/28 and not have people wait for it. With the slim margins for GM on these cars as it is and having a tenth of its buyers 'wait' isnt a good business plan or model.
SKiZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 01:55 PM   #237
Hylton

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKiZZ View Post
With the slim margins for GM on these cars as it is and having a tenth of its buyers 'wait' isnt a good business plan or model.
I agree but they'll sell out the first year.
Old 07-23-2008, 04:39 PM   #238
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk_rider View Post
I didn't feel like I was not respectful. Myabe coz english's not my mother language.

I RESPECTFULLY apologize if anyone saw agressivity or anything like that in my posts.

You can read disappointment, maybe a little bit of anger, but nothing disrespectful (none of you is at fault if I don't get what I expected).

In sign of peace, I've even changed my sig!

But that's ok, I'm slowly dealing with my strong disapointment thanx to

Punk, please believe I wasn't trying to point you out specifically. I wasn't. Believe me, I've read a LOT over the past two days about the Z28. There's tons of people who are concerned and some who really (IMO) over reacted. I did NOT mean to point a finger at you AT ALL and if I came off that way, I apologize.

Almost ALL of us have a great deal of care and love for the Z28. Everyone knows it. When someone asked me what I drove, I would tell them a "Z28." Then, when I got my SS and people asked me what I drove, I would say, "SS"....but then immediately have to clarify, "Camaro SS." Hrm...wonder why we'd have to go and do THAT now.... We know and love the Z28.

I think GM is really trying to pay special attention to the "greener" side of the Camaro and it's marketing. I think introducing another hi-po street race machine right now is not the image that GM is trying to portray. I think they want to focus on the V6 and get it out the door ASAP. I think they want all of us to are planning on buying a top of the line version to get into an SS and be happy. The problem is, I believe GM WILL be coming out with the Z28 after all is finalized with the V6 and they are up and running on the assembly line.

You know...let's get the V6'ers done. Let's get the V8 SS's done. Now that those are on the lines, let's get back to the vert and Z28. That way, designers can team up and focus their attention on two projects instead of four. I dunno...that's just what makes sense to me. My idea??? The Z28 will be coming out when the vert does. It'll be a long way off. But, I think GM would be wise to say something about a Z28's pricing and release time so those planning on buying won't get into an SS and then be highly pissed off down the road that they could have had a Z28 when they already bought an SS.

We gotta keep the masses that will be spending $40k and up happy, right? Just something to think about.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote