Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-13-2012, 06:07 PM   #1
jatt5ab1soorma

Drives: Camaro 2011 LS
reviews on black iceolator?

i just got it and been itching to get it installed just cant find the time but in the meantime just wanna know the gains and the experience from the people that have it...fill me in fellas and ladies
jatt5ab1soorma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:24 PM   #2
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Ummmmm I like it. I like it a lot. It took about 60-70 miles before I began to feel the difference. So you may be a bit underwhelmed for the the first 50 or so miles but once the ECU learns how to manage the changes you will definitely feel a difference.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:58 PM   #3
Mach

Drives: White M6 1LT RS
OP... Try using the search button. There is tons about the black iceolator.
Pfadt Sway Bars - FE3 Suspension - Barton Shifter - IdealG's Clutch Master Cylinder - Trifecta - Vmax TB - Vararam Intake - MACE 25mm Insulator - Plenum Insulator - Ported/Gasket Matched Intake Manifold - Rx Catchcan - AAC DRL's - 4 Pack Aux Gauges - Steering Controls - AAC Afterburners - DIY Led Sidemarkers - ZL1 Front End

Next mod: Done!
Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 11:34 PM   #4
jatt5ab1soorma

Just wanted personal intake on iceolator from everybody, I guess I'm excited lol-any pre req things I shud be doing from guys with experience on installing it cuz I'm getting it installed tomm...wt glue is used to seal it? Is silicone good? I dnt know I think the installer said sillicone shud be good to seal the iceolator
Old 06-14-2012, 12:29 AM   #5
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Are you doing the install?

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 12:54 AM   #6
jatt5ab1soorma

no having a guy at the shop do it for me..why
Old 06-14-2012, 01:06 AM   #7
lscamaro

Because that swivel 13mm ratchet is a life saver if your doing it yourself

Old 06-14-2012, 01:22 AM   #8
jatt5ab1soorma

lol ok ill keep that in mind but is sillicone a good thing to apply for sealing the iceolator or do u need the permatex gray? i think thats what its called. Also i guess installing this will make the exhaust sound a lil more throaty i guess right when i rev it?
Old 06-14-2012, 01:52 AM   #9
lscamaro

It really won't do anything for the exhaust at all. It's best if you go with the rtv stuff. You can get it at any auto zone or advanced auto

Old 06-14-2012, 08:24 AM   #10
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Yes RTV is what you use. I actually did notice a slight change in my exhaust. A bit more free sounding is the best way to describe it. Nothing dramatic. Your current exhaust may not exploit it though. Your guy will have to make some modifications to your existing gasket as well. It's pretty easy to figure out though. Even a caveman could do it.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 08:27 AM   #11
jatt5ab1soorma

Thank u guys , rtv-can u tell me the name in full? Is it permatex gray?
Old 06-14-2012, 09:23 AM   #12
Mach

Drives: White M6 1LT RS
The gray 1 minute stuff is fine.
Pfadt Sway Bars - FE3 Suspension - Barton Shifter - IdealG's Clutch Master Cylinder - Trifecta - Vmax TB - Vararam Intake - MACE 25mm Insulator - Plenum Insulator - Ported/Gasket Matched Intake Manifold - Rx Catchcan - AAC DRL's - 4 Pack Aux Gauges - Steering Controls - AAC Afterburners - DIY Led Sidemarkers - ZL1 Front End

Next mod: Done!
Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:27 AM   #13
MrGood

Drives: Broken palmghetto test car
Send a message via Yahoo to MrGood
I used permatex and l have to agree it definitely is worth the money for the boost it gives you.
MrGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:01 AM   #14
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
In the Sponsors classifieds, V6 bolts on section Tracy just left some dyno results on the 3/8" versus the 1" isolator.

He said that down low the 1" showed a few more HP than the 3/8" but nearly tied until about 5,800 rpm but at 6,500 the 1" showed a 14HP loss. So that makes me think a few things:

1) Now I remember way back when one of the initial tests on the 1" Mace was done, it too showed a loss at the peak RPM range, but that was written of as a fluke or tune issue. Makes me wonder if it wasn't fairly accurate and maybe the 12mm wouldn't be the best all around spacer??

2) The RX black ice spacers are gasket matched, whereas the MACE is matched to factory holes. If the heads were not gasket matched for Tracy's tests, could that have caused turbulence resulting in the loss?? (I've asked Tracy this in the other thread and awaiting his response now)

Also, does anyone know if the 12mm MACE spacer is two separate pieces like the 1" or one full piece like the black ice?