Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 02-11-2011, 11:23 PM   #1
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 19 2SS vert, Mosaic Blk, A10
whos got the real info on dealer invoice pricing?

Im getting ready to take delivery of my 2SS Vert in the next few weeks, after searching high and low, I found a dealer who garunteed me, in writing, $XX.00 over INVOICE for the sale price. I've never bought a new car before, and at the time; I was just glad not to be paying OVER msrp for the preorder. Cars been built and coming soon, are there any last minute tips/tricks or traps I should be looking out for upon payment???

Thanks in advance!!!
Drago77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 06:05 AM   #2
Lightrider

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6 Hurst Convertible
Go to Edmunds.com and 'build' your can on their website. It will list both invoice and MSRP so you can see the total.

Don't forget they'll hit you with title fees, delivery charges, etc. If you have a trade-in, make sure it is applied to the new vehicle purchase before sales taxes are calculated.
Lightrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 08:50 AM   #3
pony

Drives: 2011 2SS Convert; Color RJT
Here you go; link to pricing. Too bad you couldn't find a dealer accepting GM supplier/Credit Union discount. Got mine below MSRP

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122191
pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 10:03 AM   #4
The Viz

Drives: Everything
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightrider View Post
Go to Edmunds.com and 'build' your can on their website. It will list both invoice and MSRP so you can see the total.

Don't forget they'll hit you with title fees, delivery charges, etc. If you have a trade-in, make sure it is applied to the new vehicle purchase before sales taxes are calculated.
....but remember, destination is included in the invoice price, you can't get away from paying it. As far as the trade, it's up to the state. Here in Indiana, you are taxed after the trade, but if a customer drives here from Michigan which is 5 miles down the street, they have to pay tax before the trade and incentives.

"God help the child who grows out of everything"
The Viz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 10:15 AM   #5
Old Guy

Drives: 4 Chevy's in the Driveway
In the old days, there was about a 17-22% difference between dealer invoice and MSRP which one could easily work to their advantage on a Chevy. These days, Chevrolet has gotten smarter, and the spread between dealer invoice and MSRP has shrunk significantly. For the 2011 convertibles, I have been told the difference is only about $800 which is in the 2% range. Because this is a limited edition of sorts, discounts are usually not offered.

So you ask if dealers are not getting squeezed? Well, my understanding on that is that the incentive payment comes at the end of the model year based on how many vehicles they sell.

So on current model year verts, if you can get a discount of any type off MSRP, take it.
Old Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 11:40 AM   #6
zandron263

Drives: 2011 2LT RS IOM Convertible
We got MSRP less the GM supplier discount on our convertible. I know the dealer is still making some money on it but I am happy with the deal considering the verts are hard to get right now. Anyway I don't have an issue with the dealer getting some profit it is a business after all.
zandron263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 12:52 PM   #7
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Drives: it like I stoles it...
Being a new model, and limited production this model year for verts, you'd be hard pressed to get any reduction in sales price other than the normal incentives;

GM owner loyalty: $1000
USAA Member: $750
Credit Union Discount
Military Discount
College Grad Discount

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Bodih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 01:00 PM   #8
panther2469

Drives: 2011 2SS RS SIM Litho # 193
You can try here too http://www.truecar.com/
Old 02-12-2011, 02:12 PM   #9
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Drives: it like I stoles it...
Truecar.com shows a difference of $2250 between Dealer Invoice and MSRP on my car. That's 5.2%, which I don't think is too bad for a car that's hard to get this year.

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Bodih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 04:28 PM   #10
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 19 2SS vert, Mosaic Blk, A10
USAA member huh? Wonder if they'll still apply that to my "$50 over invoice" garuntee.... side note- USAA still isn't quoting insurance for verts yet
Drago77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 04:35 PM   #11
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago77 View Post
Im getting ready to take delivery of my 2SS Vert in the next few weeks, after searching high and low, I found a dealer who garunteed me, in writing, $XX.00 over INVOICE for the sale price. I've never bought a new car before, and at the time; I was just glad not to be paying OVER msrp for the preorder. Cars been built and coming soon, are there any last minute tips/tricks or traps I should be looking out for upon payment???

Thanks in advance!!!
Don't be a sucker.
Do your homework and get the facts before believing everything your dealer tells you and know what to say and not to say to him or her. This is the most valueable advice I can offer you. I have purchased several new cars in the past 18 years.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 04:39 PM   #12
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Most dealerships will not order without negotiating a price first. If you don't have a price in writing already you could be in for a bait and switch. I negotiated a $1K under the GM preferred price. Better than what I paid for the coupe in 09.
Old 02-12-2011, 05:27 PM   #13
kmcd
1,425 hp / supercharged

Drives: (2010 2SS/L99) (1999 Corvette)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago77 View Post
USAA member huh? Wonder if they'll still apply that to my "$50 over invoice" garuntee.... side note- USAA still isn't quoting insurance for verts yet
Your USAA discount is from GM and has no effect on the dealer-negotiated price. You don't even have to tell the dealer you're eligible for the USAA discount until your ready to close and take delivery. At that point, the dealer should subtract it from the price you've negotiated.

Aslo, don't feel sorry for the dealer because you're buying the car close to invoice. There's "dealer pack" in the invoice price. In other words, even if he sells it at invoice, he still makes profit.
Old 02-12-2011, 05:29 PM   #14
Cristoff

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS in Red Jewel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightrider View Post
That is not possible in all states. In CA for instance, Tax and Licence is imposed BEFORE any down payment or trade is taken into account. It cannot be done any other way legally here.