Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 4th Generation Camaros

Old 01-10-2008, 10:04 AM   #15
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)
Actually, the "For Sale" or "Wanted to Buy" thread wouldn't be a bad idea. There are some pretty awesome cars on LS1Tech where people try to sell them... It might get some more members coming to our site that we could convert to the 5th gen?
Old 01-10-2008, 09:37 PM   #16
Sick

Drives: Audi TT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
WHAT?!?! Don't do that!

Actually, you're much better off. I know that might sound bad to you right now....BUT...if you really want that 5th Gen, you really might want to put away everything you can. It's probably going to be less than a year until you can pick up a 5th Gen...maybe a week or two over a year, but still....right? Every penny you save now will help you in the long run.

Things like this happen for a reason. That reason is just waiting for you right down the road....and you'll be driving it!

Exactly what I've been thinking.

Honestly the Camaro looks amazing, but I figure I can sell my TT to a private party for $3000 more than the dealer would give me - then I'm going to buy either a 1970ish Camaro or a 90s Trans Am for about that $3000. Put the rest into a time account or a good looking stock.

I'm only planning on keeping the car until the 5th gen comes out, so what the hell right?

Sure, it's something I want, but what I truely desire lays just a bit further ahead.
Sick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 11:08 PM   #17
09'Z28
The "Mad Hamster"

Drives: '71 Camaro, '90 mx5, '71 2002
so Dragoneye, Moose, or TAG UR IT would the buy/sell thread be against forum rules
Old 01-11-2008, 02:17 AM   #18
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09'Z28 View Post
so Dragoneye, Moose, or TAG UR IT would the buy/sell thread be against forum rules
That's a question to be posted in the Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions forum. Personally, I can easily see many more problems with making the forum. But, I do see it working for our members (I do see some good things coming from this, but...). You'd have to ask, how often would the thread get used? Who would be posting the for sale thread? Would it be a new member who just joined up to post a for sale ad on our boards? Is it a member who's been with us for a while? How would the thread be regulated? What happens if someone pays and doesn't get the item, etc?

I know other sites have the "swap meet" or "for sale" threads. I don't know just how they regulate them. I know for a fact that on another board I used to visit daily, there was a member who would try to sell items, would get the money, and had numerous problems following through. Sure, if that happened here we could ban them. But, how would our member contact them now?

I'll say right now that I'm not against it.......as long as we can figure out a way to make it work....RIGHT. Until then, I forsee too many problems...not great IMO.

And...the main people to ask about this is your site Admins. I think they can shed more light on this subject than I. This would be completely their call.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 02:22 AM   #19
09'Z28
The "Mad Hamster"

Drives: '71 Camaro, '90 mx5, '71 2002
thanks for shedding a little light on the subject TAG