Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-29-2012, 04:09 PM   #29
nikos30
HT5 EastSide

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
It is worth it to spend the money and get the cable if you are thinking of doing any future upgrades....not to mention there is talk of an improvement coming for the tune (fingers crossed)

nikos...315 is just for one tune...you need to spend another 150 for the cable and to get access to the free lifetime tweaks/updates to your tune.
STILL lower than most though. Whats the link to the other sale?
nikos30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:17 PM   #30
Out4it
Banned

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bee sting View Post
I doubt you'll see a group buy but good luck . If I had to do it all over again I'd buy from Jerry at BnR !!
Best price around and Great customer service ! I didn't even buy from him and he is still willing to help me out with my tune setup . A + in my book .

As for the tune Itself .. I could feel a difference for sure . Can't wait for the next update ..I hear its the $h!t !!!
For Jerry @ BNR
Out4it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:26 PM   #31
mypuppysirius

Drives: 2011 Cyber Grey V6
Someone please PM me if a group buy works out. i was going to get one down the road when i can save up some more money, but if a deal comes up i might just have to swipe the good old credit card
Old 02-29-2012, 05:26 PM   #32
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Drives: 400HP 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill F View Post
Roto-Fab CAI, MRT v1, and DT short tubes.
I have the exact same setup as you right down to the tee. I too am wondering on the gains from this tune. Bill, if you havnt done so, the resonator delete will further reduce drone if you havnt already done it.

A group buy would be sweet but I heard that quicker tap shifting is on the horizon... Should we wait a few weeks?

Shaun

CRAZY BEE - IOM 2LT/RS (more)
Cosmetic Mods - 24 | Performance Mods - 14
ROTO-FAB CAI - DT HEADERS - CUSTOM 3-INCH PIPE EXHAUST - RES DEL - R-CATS DEL - MAGNAFLOW RES X-PIPE - 91 OCTANE TUNE - FULL ADM KIT - PORTED IM - PORTED TB - PORTED CH - BLACK 3/8 ISOLATOR - TRIFECTA TUNED
DJ ATOMIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:32 PM   #33
BB11

Drives: 2011 v6 1LT Black Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHenfling View Post
Thinking seriously about invested in the Trifecta Tune.Is there something i need to know or what is your opinion on this.
I have a Trifecta Tune with only a K n N aircharger installed. I have a auto v6 and man let me tell u......its a big difference. The car responds better and it shifts faster. So when u tap shift its more fun. Also this intake kept giving a CEL n since the tune .....poof all gone. I say go for it. If u r going to get mods I will say get them first and then go for the tune.
BB11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:48 PM   #34
Bill F

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS 2005 Silverado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ ATOMIX View Post
I have the exact same setup as you right down to the tee. I too am wondering on the gains from this tune. Bill, if you havnt done so, the resonator delete will further reduce drone if you havnt already done it.

A group buy would be sweet but I heard that quicker tap shifting is on the horizon... Should we wait a few weeks?

Shaun
I thought about the Res Delete. Not sure just yet. But on topic, I was wondering if the tune was worth it with the M6. I know it's great with the auto because of changing shift points/firmness.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:57 PM   #35
jamie

Drives: 2011 cyber gray 1LT
Agree with this. I purchased at BNR and am very happy. Pull the trigger, you won't regret this purchase...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNRacing View Post
Make sure you order from us to save a bunch of money...
jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:05 PM   #36
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill F View Post
I thought about the Res Delete. Not sure just yet. But on topic, I was wondering if the tune was worth it with the M6. I know it's great with the auto because of changing shift points/firmness.
There are power gains to be had, not just better shifting for the auto.

Bmorecam noticed better low and midrange TQ with his manual and the mods he had when he got the updated tune (and I'm not talking about the current new one he is running now).

On top of that, if we do end up getting another tune update which is even better, then that really makes it worth it.

So only you can decide if it is worth it. Did up some old threads about it and try to find a few dyno sheets. They are out there.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:21 PM   #37
Bill F

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS 2005 Silverado Z71
Thanks for the insight. I've been looking through the Tuning portion of this board. The tune is deff. moving up on my to do list.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:49 PM   #38
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Here's one of the old threads:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147086

Start with post #12.

There is a dyno below that of a stock car. Modified cars didn't seem to pick up as much of a peak gain, but better low and midrange TQ.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:51 PM   #39
Blacktip

Drives: 2011 1LT Silver RS package
Thanks KM, I have always trusted you're opinion on here and alot of you Guy's. I definitely think the trifecta tune will be well worth it. I have PM'd BNR a few times about it and he has always responded. I was really hoping for a group buy, not only for the saving ...but obviously BNR and Vince will be making some good money as well ......so maybe if there is a big response on here for a group buy, we might just get one :-)
Old 02-29-2012, 08:03 PM   #40
gutterball

Drives: 2014 1LS M6 Supercharged
Send a message via AIM to gutterball
Go with the Trifecta tune, Vince is the only one you seems to have figured out the V6, I was going with Hypertech but then got a call saying the V6 tunes were being redone because of problems they were having with the V6. So I went with Trifecta

I have the LS M6 Hows 20HP and 2 more MPG sound
gutterball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:01 PM   #41
BNRacing

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE, 2019 Camaro 2.0
I wish I could do another sale or group buy for you guys but my hands are tied. I'm pretty much already at the minimum I'm allowed to charge for the tunes... The going rate on these tunes with the cable is $550-$600 so I think my $465 is a great price personally
BNRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:14 PM   #42
Macrackie

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS Stripper model
Cant beat the bnr price or service. Sadly some of us missed the christmas buy. Even at the 465 price I would jump on it if I hadnt caught the deal. Bnr has been great and I am looking forward to sending data logs in the near future as well as upgrading to e85 when the temps increase.
Macrackie is offline   Reply With Quote