Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 10-04-2009, 01:09 AM   #1
HzMajesty

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Blk/Blk
Send a message via MSN to HzMajesty
GM warranty coverage after leaving the US.

So with me leaving the US, my camaro has decided to come with!
After a torturous experience with the shipping company, we are now both here!

Question: what happens to my warranty coverage now? I'm in the middle east (Bahrain specificly).

Anyone with any thoughts, experience, answers???
HzMajesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 01:31 AM   #2
WySS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS M6 CGM A9125214
I just looked in the Service and Parts Policies and Procedures manual from GM and couldn't find anything on exported vehicles. I would recommend calling Chevrolet Customer Care and asking them. They frown on exporting vehicles but look at it differently when you move with the vehicle. Your probably good but i would give them a call, in bahrain the number is +971 4314 3465 the stateside number is 800-222-1020.
WySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 06:13 AM   #3
HzMajesty

Thanks for the info... gave them a call... no warranty coverage whatsoever!! Not sure what else I can do, I will go to the dealership in 2 days and see what they say...

worst case scenario... its open season on modding!!!!!
Old 10-05-2009, 09:21 AM   #4
asian cajun

Drives: 2010 2LT RS Camaro Silver Ice
I went to Germany with my Trailblazer for 4 years. The warranty was acknowledged and I was able to use the Chevy/Opal dealership in Germany. The Germans tried to charge me once for looking at my car when they didn't fix it. I had a squeaking sound when I would turn hard left. They said it wasn't covered under the warranty, yet they didn't know how to fix it!! They wanted 70 Euros which is about $110 for nothing. I told them to kiss my *** and called Chevy stateside. They talked with the German Chevy/Opal and worked things out. Chevy stateside also gave me a free oil change and tune up when I came back to the states. My warranty was over by that time, but they still hooked me up!
asian cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 03:59 AM   #5
HzMajesty

Thanks asian... dealership appointment is tomorrow... lets see what happens... ill use the "ppl i know have done it" excuse and see how far that takes me... not much to loose at this point i guess.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:35 AM   #6
asian cajun

Drives: 2010 2LT RS Camaro Silver Ice
If they have a Chevrolet dealership in the Middle East, they should cover the warranty. Why would you take your camaro to the Middle East? It is going to get jacked! My onstar didn't work in Europe. They have a different system. My friend pushed the onstar emergency button while I was in Germany. The system was going crazy, but it wasn't connected to an operator. I had to remove the fuse for the onstar. Once my car got stateside, I had to get the computer reset!! LOL

Good Luck with your camaro over there~ I am having issues with my airbag light and I am sure some more recalls and kinks will have to be worked out. I hope you don't get affected by that. They recalled the battery cables on the SS and some camaros are having issues with the transmission.

CIAO!
asian cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 05:28 AM   #7
HzMajesty

Took the car to the dealership... after reminding me that i had no warranty i asked them to do the first service and have the service bulletin done.

Couple of hours later.... i received a call saying most of the work WAS covered under the warranty... and all i had to pay was $35 for the oil change.... go figure =)
Old 02-19-2010, 02:45 PM   #8
the Swede

Drives: 2SS/RS, Manual, Silver
Technically they are no obliged to cover any warranty for exported cars, but then again it never hurts to ask. An unhappy customer is never good regardless of where he/she lives...
the Swede is offline   Reply With Quote