Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2013 Camaro5 Fest (IV)

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 12:20 PM   #43
MudderFinger

Drives: 2011 IOM SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Lets not forget that they called everyone to staging and the IPS car and the lmr car both stayed at the trailer for 30+ minutes cooling down while everyone was else was ready to go. The track announcer was going bullshit.

The lmr car shouldn't have been allowed on the track. Just a quick look showed countless tech problems:

1: It went 9.1 at 155. Had a 6 point cage and no chute.

2. Driver, not the owner, was racing in a t shirt.

3. No crotch belt.

4. Battery sitting on the floor of the passenger side. Just sitting there.
Great point, not to mention I had to turn my car back off and heat soak again and wait for the LMR car because the owner could not drive the car, and had to wait for the driver to come back from running their other shop car.

Hey let me know what happen to your engine, I am sorry that happened. You can only stab something so many times before it dies, LOL. If you need anything I still have my entire original rotating assembly thats like brand new. So if you need a crank, pistons or rods let me know. I know you have better stuff than that in there but just offering to help anyway I can. Your ok in my book.
Old 08-05-2013, 12:25 PM   #44
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by MudderFinger View Post
Great point, not to mention I had to turn my car back off and heat soak again and wait for the LMR car because the owner could not drive the car, and had to wait for the driver to come back from running their other shop car.

Hey let me know what happen to your engine, I am sorry that happened. You can only stab something so many times before it dies, LOL. If you need anything I still have my entire original rotating assembly thats like brand new. So if you need a crank, pistons or rods let me know. I know you have better stuff than that in there but just offering to help anyway I can. Your ok in my book.
Thanks A. It'll be a couple days before we know the extent of the damage. Hopefully the important stuff didn't get to beat up.
Old 08-05-2013, 12:46 PM   #45
The Baron

Drives: 2013 zl1
Lol im straight copying supercharged icechest/pump combo lol no more heat soak for me !

2011 cts-v coupe (pinky) wifes car.. ls9 cam c.a.i. 11.44
2007 corvette vert ..retired..
2013 zl1 stock blower stock ci 20" wheels 10.36 135...so far..
Old 08-05-2013, 02:47 PM   #46
John Deere Racer

Drives: 2013 zl1 m6
4 classes

3 different gen5s

V6
V8 (1le) would b n that class
Zl1

Stock
Bolt on
Heads cam
Power adder

Qualify Friday
Race Saturday
Eliminations

592rwhp 616rwtq bolt ons only
www.mikenorrismotorsports.com
Www.lgmotorsports.com
Old 08-05-2013, 03:24 PM   #47
SRT5939
Srt 5939

Drives: 2008 SRT8 Challenger Hemi Orange
Tech should be followed period, saftey first. It's all fun and games till someone ends up Dead!
There's no excuse for a car going 150mph plus without the proper safety equipment. Only a person with complete disregaurd for his own life would drive a car that fast and not be up to par or above it.

No professional driver I know is that stupid.
PWR 393
F1D Pro Charger
250 DP N2O
Builder Bill Nag1
GForce 9" 390
Tunned By Brent at DTP
Home of the Fastest Hemi's in the World

Last edited by SRT5939; 08-05-2013 at 03:59 PM.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:29 PM   #48
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Camaro Fest Drag Racing : Chat, pics/vid, share

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc View Post
If it was a qualified ladder, nobody should be on ladder without making a qualifying pass period. Further if it's multiple qualifying pass's you must alternate lanes as well.

They absolutely qualified. The system won't put them in the ladder without it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Yup. Me too. That dude should have just came and went. Tech was obviously quite lax. In the northeast they'll pull you for going fast with rubber valve stems. You need metal ones after a certain speed. Jeff looked the other way when I asked him about it. So if the track director could care less so will the rest of the staff.

This stuff needs to be cleared up before the next fest. They need to decide if its an actual event or an exhibition. Rules need to be in place and followed. It left a sour taste in everyone's mouth.
I told the guy to not ask the question if he didn't want to hear the answer. Tech will be cleaned up next year. It's much easier to deal with someone pissed they can't run without a DS loop than guys quoting safety issues. I promise this will be a focus next year and hope you all will back me when the complains start. But it will be a good thing. Also a completely different track.

Unlimited class and faster will change next year. Rules for these classes remained the same as last year and the cars met the rules so easy to defend whether right or wrong. This is 100% on me an I will own it. I have more to add but still making the trek home. Tks for the constructive discussion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-05-2013, 03:53 PM   #49
lewylew

Drives: 2010 ZL550& 2021 C8 Z51
[QUOTE=mlee;6860386]They absolutely qualified. The system won't put them in the ladder without it.

Not to beat a dead horse, but they did not qualify. If they had they would not have ran against the 2 fastest non-shop cars.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:07 PM   #50
SRT5939
Srt 5939

Drives: 2008 SRT8 Challenger Hemi Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post

I told the guy to not ask the question if he didn't want to hear the answer. Tech will be cleaned up next year. It's much easier to deal with someone pissed they can't run without a DS loop than guys quoting safety issues. I promise this will be a focus next year and hope you all will back me when the complains start. But it will be a good thing. Also a completely different track.

Unlimited class and faster will change next year. Rules for these classes remained the same as last year and the cars met the rules so easy to defend whether right or wrong. This is 100% on me an I will own it. I have more to add but still making the trek home. Tks for the constructive discussion.

your in a tuff spot and I wouldn't want to be there. We have had the same issues in the MSHS. The cars go faster and faster every year. At some point you have to say enough is enough.
We have put in place NHRA rules for our events, if you don't follow the rules you can't race.
The waiver drivers sigh will not protect you from lawsuits. Way to much at stake for you not to be inforceing the rules.
PWR 393
F1D Pro Charger
250 DP N2O
Builder Bill Nag1
GForce 9" 390
Tunned By Brent at DTP
Home of the Fastest Hemi's in the World
Old 08-05-2013, 04:52 PM   #51
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Camaro Fest Drag Racing : Chat, pics/vid, share

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewylew View Post
Not to beat a dead horse, but they did not qualify. If they had they would not have ran against the 2 fastest non-shop cars.
Incorrect LMR skipped rd1 and then blew the tires up in the 2nd qualifying run for a 37 and bottom of the ladder position.

IPS broke an axle and finished with a 27. 2nd slowest.

Yes this totally screwed things up and is part of the overall frustration but this is drag racing and it is what it is. I can't fix that. Just like the IPS car jumping the beams and getting a DQ. That totally sucked for a lot of us pulling for Terri.

Old 08-05-2013, 05:13 PM   #52
YLWJKT

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Just a thought, but why not make a class for strictly shop cars next year?
Let the big boys showcase what they can do, without running against their customers/potential customers.
I guarantee more harm than good was done to the two shops in terms of customer relations.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:18 PM   #53
MudderFinger

Quote:

Incorrect LMR skipped rd1 and then blew the tires up in the 2nd qualifying run for a 37 and bottom of the ladder position.

IPS broke an axle and finished with a 27. 2nd slowest.

Yes this totally screwed things up and is part of the overall frustration but this is drag racing and it is what it is. I can't fix that. Just like the IPS car jumping the beams and getting a DQ. That totally sucked for a lot of us pulling for Terri.

Everyone including me never seen those cars in the lanes for qualifying on rd1 or rd2 of the unlimited class, there were only 10 cars and all of us would have noticed either one of those cars in qualifying. When you’re in qualifications you kind eye your competition. I would have been ok with all this if they had both qualified properly like everyone else, then they would have run first round eliminations with slower cars and would have given a small chance for others to make to finals, especially if they ended up running each other during eliminations. But still know they should not belong in that class, but like I said, I would not have complained much about the cars, if they were qualified properly. Perhaps the car may have qualified during the shop class runs? Can others confirm they did not see those cars in our little line up of 10 cars in qualifying? I know I never seen them until eliminations. I also seen them the day before, so I had seen the cars, just no sign of them in qualifying, and if they did not qualify when they were supposed to, they should not be allowed to come in not being qualified. It was also known how fast they were already from the making previous runs the day before. The breaks and red lights, and line ups and break outs, etc, your right that just racing, but this issue was not, IMOP.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:20 PM   #54
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by YLWJKT View Post
Just a thought, but why not make a class for strictly shop cars next year?
Let the big boys showcase what they can do, without running against their customers/potential customers.
I guarantee more harm than good was done to the two shops in terms of customer relations.
We did run a shop car class, which was created last year for just this reason. The two cars in question were personally owned and funded, have full interiors, are street registered and licensed.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:23 PM   #55
MudderFinger

Quote:

You are right and that is why they had to add them in the ladder later, because the system does not add what isn't there in qualifying. That why LUCAS guy said he had no number in the ladder and we had to wait for them to make a new one. The first ladder had me as 1st qualifier making a by run, becuase they were not on it, and five minutes later they show up and ladder gets completely rewritten.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:24 PM   #56
PoleCat2SSRS2010
R6P Marketing Lab Rat

Drives: sometimes
IDK about the qualifying part since I refuse to go for this very reason about lack of tech and lack of rules enforcement.

If the rules were enforced from the very beginning there would be no ambiguity.

Now there is this mess.

Don't sit on this topic while it still has focus. Make the communication CLEAR and CONSISTANT if rules are to be enforced. Establish a dedicated section/sticky whatever.

The representatives/mods and even sponsors of C5 owe to its community to be responsible in taking its best efforts to enforce, educate and maintain a safe event environment. This is especially a concern and potential liability when sponsoring.

When you really think about it, the hard part is already done. The rules are already written.

Closed Thread