Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 08-09-2011, 05:48 PM   #1
B1G-AL

Drives: 09 Bullitt, 08 H3 Alpha, Ram SS/T
Best springs/sway set up for V6 Camaro?

I searched around quite a bit in this forum but couldn't find everything I was looking for...

I have a 2011 1LS Camaro that I'm looking to drop 1" and perhaps swap out the sway bar(s) for some aftermarket ones. The three brand names I've seen the most of on the forums are Pfadt, BMR, and Eibach.

After doing some research I'm thinking about purchasing BMR 1" lowering springs for the front and rear end and a Pfadt sway bars. BMR seems to have the least compromise in ride quality for it's 1" drop, and I've seen a lot of good things said about the Pfadt sway bars. I'm looking for feedback from C5 members that have any of these mods on their Camaros, if I should replace both sway bars, just the rear, or leave them alone, and if I should stick with one brand for all the parts rather than mixing brands. Thanks in advance!
Old 08-09-2011, 10:30 PM   #2
Blacc Mamba
SoCal HT5

Drives: 2010 Camaro
+1 I'm thinking of going with Pedders
Blacc Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:02 PM   #3
B1G-AL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacc Mamba View Post
+1 I'm thinking of going with Pedders
I looked around and there seems to be a lot of Pedders buyers as well; I'm stuck between BMR, Pfadt, and now Pedders

What I'd also like to know is if just buying springs and leaving the sway bars factory will give me handling improvements without any over/under steer. I already think the Camaro handles great but I want to lower it an " for the looks and hopefully to increase the MPG by 1-2 as well as the handling
Old 08-10-2011, 01:29 AM   #4
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
You might want to call whoever you're considering first. I know many of the spring companies are having to redo the springs for the V6. Apparently GM has made changes with the later V6's that make the universal V8/V6 spring set not work properly. Not sure of the specifics but the companies can better fill you in.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 08:40 AM   #5
B1G-AL

Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
You might want to call whoever you're considering first. I know many of the spring companies are having to redo the springs for the V6. Apparently GM has made changes with the later V6's that make the universal V8/V6 spring set not work properly. Not sure of the specifics but the companies can better fill you in.
Thanks for the tip! I have a V6 with a 8/10 build date, that probably makes the later V6 cut
Old 08-10-2011, 09:30 AM   #6
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by B1G-AL View Post
Thanks for the tip! I have a V6 with a 8/10 build date, that probably makes the later V6 cut
I have no idea when things started to change but I believe they've made a several changes to the V6 suspension over the years.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 05:32 PM   #7
B1G-AL

Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
I have no idea when things started to change but I believe they've made a several changes to the V6 suspension over the years.
Wow, talk about some behind the scenes improvements! I'm sure most of the vendors on the forums are aware of the changes (hopefully!)
Old 08-10-2011, 08:38 PM   #8
HP Addicts

Drives: N/A
We have a lot of happy customers running BMR products, the BMR stuff is what we sell the most of when it comes to suspension.
HP Addicts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 08:42 PM   #9
B1G-AL

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Addicts View Post
We have a lot of happy customers running BMR products, the BMR stuff is what we sell the most of when it comes to suspension.
Thanks for the tip! I want the 1" drop for looks and aerodynamics as well as the handling benefits but will a 1" drop give me any over steer/under steer issues?