Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 10-14-2012, 11:45 AM   #43
2012ZL1
CaRaHoLiC

Drives: '12 ZL1,67 Cam,68 Biscayne 427 4 sp
I'd like to see what would happen if we in Canada;

1) Paid less for the the car than in U.S
2) Got a hood credit and not in the U.S
3) Got credential package and not in U.S

The car should be cheaper in Canada. Our dollar is worth more, the car is built here freight should be less as there is no international shipping involved.
Fair does not seem to apply in Canada with GM. Our parts are 3x higher also and this is all markup that is artificially introduced by GM Canada.
Sales to a particular market do not have any bearing on price on a car built here, so the bigger U.S market theory does not apply. Sales are sales and the car is built here and the costs are the same regardless of where the car is shipped, U.S or Canada.
There are no duties or extra costs other than greed and a lax attitude with regatrd to Canadian customers.
I have extremely strong will power and for me to stick to my guns on this is NO problem. I know many others who will also follow suit. Its not a hollow threat. Its a reality.
In this day and age a company can not be so frivolous with its customers. It will bite them in the end.
2.55 upper, 10" lower pullies, Innovators west billet hub and sfi balancer, solid blower drive isolator, 50 mm idler kit, full length S/S headers no cats, comp cams custom grind cam, comp roller rocker trunion kit, comp push rods,dual valve springs retainers and locks, Injector dynamics ID850 inectors, Rotofab ZL1 cold air kit, Lingenfelter 160 thermostat, Rotofab intercooler reservoir, stock plugs, LS7 90mm throttle body, GTO clutch reservoir mod, my own custom catch can, Tuning by Jannetty, install by me.
2012ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:51 PM   #44
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess X View Post
And this is the entitlement society we live in.

While I DO understand the confusion/frustration about a credentials or recognition program, whether announced or not (GM should be consistent across the board with things like this), stepping back and viewing it from an outside-looking-in perspective it simply seems there's a bunch of high-pitched whining. (to which your Chevy dealer's service department will probably tell you it's normal )

Let me sum it up as "I won't buy another GM car because of no credentials or I have to pay more for it in Canada." Ok. A bit extreme, don't you think? So you'll buy cars that won't make you happy because you didn't get a piece of paper. I don't think anyone forced you to go to your dealership and buy your car for the price you agreed to pay.

I'd be interested to see how many actually stay true to their claim or cave when the next gen Camaro comes out. I know I told a Domino's Pizza manager I wouldn't buy another Domino's pizza again back in 1996 after he wanted to charge a higher price than what was quoted when I ordered the pizza. And 16 years later, I've never bought one since. It's the principle.

I get the fact that many times, and for reasons still unclear to many, our Canadian friends seemingly get "shafted" as compared to U.S. buyers on sticker price when the exchange rate doesn't seem to be that far off. Maybe it has to do with the governmental differences, HST/GST, whatever. But something's different. I just wish I knew the why part.
It's not only GM that makes cars that make people happy? Canadians get screwed all the time, and it's just unfair by all measures. And, yes Canadian government does nothing about it because they're too busy collecting taxes on us getting ripped off. When our dollar is at par or higher than US, and the materials and manufacturing process is right next door, we should be paying less than international consumers.
As for GM, well most likely getting hosed by the government too so passing the buck to the consumer. Unfortunately!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012ZL1 View Post
I'd like to see what would happen if we in Canada;

1) Paid less for the the car than in U.S
2) Got a hood credit and not in the U.S
3) Got credential package and not in U.S

The car should be cheaper in Canada. Our dollar is worth more, the car is built here freight should be less as there is no international shipping involved.
Fair does not seem to apply in Canada with GM. Our parts are 3x higher also and this is all markup that is artificially introduced by GM Canada.
Sales to a particular market do not have any bearing on price on a car built here, so the bigger U.S market theory does not apply. Sales are sales and the car is built here and the costs are the same regardless of where the car is shipped, U.S or Canada.
There are no duties or extra costs other than greed and a lax attitude with regatrd to Canadian customers.
I have extremely strong will power and for me to stick to my guns on this is NO problem. I know many others who will also follow suit. Its not a hollow threat. Its a reality.
In this day and age a company can not be so frivolous with its customers. It will bite them in the end.
I'm with you. I'm purchasing a vehicle next year, and it won't be a GM. I've had enough.
calbert1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:02 PM   #45
Renegade
Banned

Drives: Camaro SS Edition
Send a message via AIM to Renegade Send a message via MSN to Renegade Send a message via Yahoo to Renegade Send a message via Skype™ to Renegade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappa Joe View Post
most dealers still don't know what a zl1 is lol
That's just sad..i think they should have a manual guide or map to point them the direction it is on the lot or even Gps
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:48 PM   #46
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpower View Post
First off I have always driven a Chevy. I own a 12 CTSV and a 12 ZL1 and also a 11 1500 crew cab. But I am VERY ANGRY I paid more for my ZL1 made 30mins from my house then the USA, I pay more destination charges then someone in California and I could not order my car till 3 months after the USA could which strangley Im ok with. But GM is sending out ZL1 Credential letters to all of THE American ZL1 owners and The Canadians are not receiving them. IF it is to expensive for GM to send the Credential letters to Canada I will pay the POSTAGE. I fell very cheated by GM on this and I know it seems childish but come on there are only 1900 total produced and maybe 50 in Canada . CHRIS PERRY VP of GLOBAL Marketing GLOBAL INCLUDES CANADA. Make this right
Well part of the reason that you pay more for your ZL1 is , when we here in the South from There , have to go to the Dentist , eye doctor , Pediatrician , Orthopedic doctor , and on and on , WE HAVE TO PAY by the nose , while up there is already paid for .
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:11 PM   #47
tpower
DBLCHBY III

Drives: 15 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfriend View Post
Well part of the reason that you pay more for your ZL1 is , when we here in the South from There , have to go to the Dentist , eye doctor , Pediatrician , Orthopedic doctor , and on and on , WE HAVE TO PAY by the nose , while up there is already paid for .
As I said I am not angry about the higher price I pay for my vehicles, now my dental and eye doctors and so on are paid by Canadians in taxes if I told you what our taxes up here you would probably have to change your pants
Old 10-14-2012, 07:15 PM   #48
Big C CamaroSS

Drives: Black Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Yes, we Canadians can go to the hospital or doctor and not worry how we will pay for it, but we pay every time we see a dentist and that snot-nosed, piss-ant McGuinty de-listed optometrist's visits (unless you're a POS welfare case) so we are paying the same (high) taxes and getting less for them. We (my wife & I) would be farther ahead if the Canadian medical system was like the US system and we paid monthly for insurance AS LONG AS the amount of taxes we paid was the same as US citizens. Unless I'm way off on what I think insurance payments are.

Back on track....I don't understand why GM would leave Canadian ZL1 customers in the dark.....it isn't fair!
Big C CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:03 PM   #49
Trackman

Drives: 67RS Camaro ,Black 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfriend View Post
That is far from a true statement. We may pay less but have to wait months sometimes to see these people.
Trackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:58 AM   #50
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess X View Post
And this is the entitlement society we live in.

I get the fact that many times, and for reasons still unclear to many, our Canadian friends seemingly get "shafted" as compared to U.S. buyers on sticker price when the exchange rate doesn't seem to be that far off. Maybe it has to do with the governmental differences, HST/GST, whatever. But something's different. I just wish I knew the why part.
GMNA allows GMOC to set it's own pricing based on what it believes the Canadian market will bare. Essentially, they go through their own pricing process which among things, compares the pricing to what the competition prices their products in the same market.

Not as simple as it sounds - you want to balance unit profit vs. market share and internally everyone has their own agendas. Unfortunately, GMOC has always focused on unit profit which in the long run, kills market share (as is the case with GMOC).

Regardless of the country you live in, we live in economic conditions where companies should be focused on minimizing operating costs and increasing market share. When the good times come back, you'll have a devoted customer base to up-sell.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:39 PM   #51
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion661 View Post
hey guys iv been reading camaro5 threads since i got my ss back in april 2009 and this is the first time i have decided to write something because i'm so fed up of gm's treatment of canadien customers.i just recieved my 2013 zl1 on october 3 i love the car but the nightmare i went through in the last year is not worth it sorry.i bought a 2012 zl1 in november 2011 and i was supose to be part of the rollerover cars because mine didn't make the 2012 quota,so i sold my ss in may because the dealer told me my car sould arrive in spring well thats not what happened and i had to rent a car all summer and to think gm customer service would help me out all they kept telling is "we are here to help you" and did nothing about it so could someone explain to me why my vin is 2199 if there were only aprox 600 rollerovers? great service from gm!!!

We apologize for the frustrations but we also congratulate you on your new Camaro! We will go ahead and document this feedback into our database highly accessible by many departments of GM. You can also contact GM of Canada Customer assistance to document your complaint. 800-263-3777.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 10-15-2012, 06:53 PM   #52
2012ZL1
CaRaHoLiC

Drives: '12 ZL1,67 Cam,68 Biscayne 427 4 sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
GMNA allows GMOC to set it's own pricing based on what it believes the Canadian market will bare. Essentially, they go through their own pricing process which among things, compares the pricing to what the competition prices their products in the same market.

Not as simple as it sounds - you want to balance unit profit vs. market share and internally everyone has their own agendas. Unfortunately, GMOC has always focused on unit profit which in the long run, kills market share (as is the case with GMOC).

Regardless of the country you live in, we live in economic conditions where companies should be focused on minimizing operating costs and increasing market share. When the good times come back, you'll have a devoted customer base to up-sell.

This is a good way of describing what is happening thank you.

Why be greedy now, when you can capitalize on the future market share by making your customers feel appreciated.
Its really closed minded thinking on the part of GM Canada.
2.55 upper, 10" lower pullies, Innovators west billet hub and sfi balancer, solid blower drive isolator, 50 mm idler kit, full length S/S headers no cats, comp cams custom grind cam, comp roller rocker trunion kit, comp push rods,dual valve springs retainers and locks, Injector dynamics ID850 inectors, Rotofab ZL1 cold air kit, Lingenfelter 160 thermostat, Rotofab intercooler reservoir, stock plugs, LS7 90mm throttle body, GTO clutch reservoir mod, my own custom catch can, Tuning by Jannetty, install by me.
2012ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:42 PM   #53
Pappa Joe

Drives: Charger/TL1000R/Cobalt/ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C CamaroSS View Post
Yes, we Canadians can go to the hospital or doctor and not worry how we will pay for it, but we pay every time we see a dentist and that snot-nosed, piss-ant McGuinty de-listed optometrist's visits (unless you're a POS welfare case) so we are paying the same (high) taxes and getting less for them. We (my wife & I) would be farther ahead if the Canadian medical system was like the US system and we paid monthly for insurance AS LONG AS the amount of taxes we paid was the same as US citizens. Unless I'm way off on what I think insurance payments are.

Back on track....I don't understand why GM would leave Canadian ZL1 customers in the dark.....it isn't fair!

Thats how I paid for my ZL1 ...been saving the welfare cheques ,but how am I too pay for gas?
Pappa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:46 PM   #54
oldfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpower View Post
As I said I am not angry about the higher price I pay for my vehicles, now my dental and eye doctors and so on are paid by Canadians in taxes if I told you what our taxes up here you would probably have to change your pants
Go ahead , tell me , and see if i can hold it for more than a dental visit [time wise ]
Old 10-15-2012, 07:51 PM   #55
oldfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackman View Post
That is far from a true statement. We may pay less but have to wait months sometimes to see these people.
Sorry but i can't pass on this one , ....the winters are longer up there , so waiting in the winter time is not so bad ...
Old 10-17-2012, 10:36 AM   #56
JT3640

Drives: 2012 ZL1, 2012 QX56
I received a call from GM customer service my credentials are being mailed this week.
It is my understanding while speaking to customer service that any Canadian owners will need to request these from GM
Just to give fellow Canadians a heads up to call GM for them.
It's nice to see that they are going to send them out
JT3640 is offline   Reply With Quote