Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 03-30-2011, 12:49 AM   #127
4rmMopar2MaroSS

Drives: Inferno Orange Camaro 2SS/RS L99
And the saga continues...Smh! Please just drop it.. driving it further and further in the ground, my camaro is buried.

O yea and thanks for quoting this:

Welcome bud! The camaro is an awesome vehicle. I'm highly pleased. I came from Mopar (DODGE) world and this is a pleasant surprise! Firm handling, quiet cabin, awesome design, ON_STAR!, and easily customizable from what I've read here! I was stuck between a decision of a 2010 Dodge Challenger SRT-8 and the Camaro SS and you see what I chose...for many reasons but especially the VALUE..This is the biggest bang for your buck! v6 or V8 I'm sure you will become addicted to this forum as it is now my homepage...lol BIGGEST BANG FOR BUCK...but when that's not an issue extra 6k gives me an even better bang! And all the details I listed remained true...except quiet cabin... couldn't drive it fast enough then with snow on the ground.

This has been fun..guess we can all hug n kiss now...lmao
Old 03-30-2011, 12:56 AM   #128
4rmMopar2MaroSS

And as far as respect you have mine...just as everyone else does...just don't bring a knife to a gun fight...I was prepared from the beginning to defend opposition I expected that, but I'm not the right guy to attempt to belittle.
Old 03-30-2011, 09:58 AM   #129
rootcat

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black/Beige
Simple

I think its alright to discuss all the differant reasons why we choose the cars we choose. I strongly believe that people buy what they want not what they need. I also believe that most deciding factory is the looks of the car. Both the challenger and the camaro are 2 of the coolest looking cars right now. I purchased the camaro because it to me is the overall coolest and baddest looking car on the road, and to me that made my choice.
rootcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 10:18 AM   #130
ssump29
LOL at most people here.

Drives: 2005 GTO,2006 M6, 2007 300 Touring
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketel0ne View Post
I think this guy just won the whole thread. LOL.

Exactly what I said in my first post that this guy contradicts himself. But hey I guess at the time when he wrote that post he was on his camaro high. Just funny back then it was a choice between the exact same cars and the praise went to the camaro now it's the opposite. Next he will go to the mustang and say the same things. hahahhaha.
Old 03-30-2011, 07:55 PM   #131
epkmvuoq

Drives: 2ss red m6
I absolutely love the challenger. It brings back old memories for me,,,,,,, I'm 61 and can close my eyes and still see roadrunners,,super bees,,gtx and 396 camaros running around town,,always loved the challenger,,,however I had a camaro then and have 2010 ss m6 now,,,,,,,,,,,it's ok for me to own a camaro and still love the challenger even if I would never own one. May be hard to understand but it's a fact !!
epkmvuoq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 09:24 PM   #132
mjf6866

Drives: 09 Challenger R/T 6-speed 3.92 rear
Location: sitting on an angry chair with angry walls that steal the air
Quote:
Originally Posted by epkmvuoq View Post
I absolutely love the challenger. It brings back old memories for me,,,,,,, I'm 61 and can close my eyes and still see roadrunners,,super bees,,gtx and 396 camaros running around town,,always loved the challenger,,,however I had a camaro then and have 2010 ss m6 now,,,,,,,,,,,it's ok for me to own a camaro and still love the challenger even if I would never own one. May be hard to understand but it's a fact !!
i'm 30 and i understand completely even though i was not around for MCWI (the first big muscle car war). MCWII is an advanced and nasty war with all the interweb forums for each brand to pick sides to battle it out. i would prefer the old days of hanging out at tracks and when street racing wasnt so filled with stupid people that ruin it for everyone else. i'm still having a blast though and i'm glad to be a part of the second big one!
-HopNot total package
-275/50-17 M&H drag radials on mustang cobra r's for track days
future mods:
-hurst shifter
-exhaust
-custom tune
-driver mod

Last edited by mjf6866; 03-31-2011 at 07:38 AM.
mjf6866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 09:46 PM   #133
black.

Drives: IBM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4rmMopar2MaroSS View Post
Yea My charger was a great car. I was concerned with the fact that if I am going to purchase a 30-40k performance car I better be extremely comfortable while driving it and doing my day to day task..I think it was absolutely foolish of me to try to make the camaro work knowing im 6 foot tall and it felt like I was trapped everytime I drove it..for some that doesn't matter but for me it does. Everyone keeps talking about difference in performance...the Challenger is .10's of seconds behind the camaro on a 0-60...where is the performance lost?????? All I know is when I pick up a girl, slam on the gas she gets even more arroused that her seat is comfy along with the fact that my car is a beast and it's not a b**ch to get in and out of. I didn't buy a charger because I wanted a coupe..simple as that. I gave up 4doors for 2doors because I don't need the space..it was like driving a mini van and being single...lol. If the Challys and Camaros were the same exact price...I cannot imagine how many of you and other consumers would be on this band wagon with me...but as of now if I have to ride ALONE I will! Comfortable, FAST, RETRO and Loud as I look in my rear view to see........ U lol. Thanks for well wishes again. No hard feelings anyone...we are all hear for our opinion, views, and conversation...mine just happens to be slightly on a detour.
If you don't mind me asking how much do you weight? Because I am 6'2 240lbs (college FB player) and I don't feel cramped in this car at all. And there is a Pro ball player here by the name of Dejaun Blair (San Antonio Spurs) who is 6-7 270lbs who also drives a camaro comfortably surprisingly without seat modification.
black. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 10:02 PM   #134
4rmMopar2MaroSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by black. View Post
If you don't mind me asking how much do you weight? Because I am 6'2 240lbs (college FB player) and I don't feel cramped in this car at all. And there is a Pro ball player here by the name of Dejaun Blair (San Antonio Spurs) who is 6-7 270lbs who also drives a camaro comfortably surprisingly without seat modification.
I'm 6' 185lbs. Getting in and out without hitting my head, driving without feeling like I was in the front and back seat at the same time, and just the overall seat materials weren't very comfy. When i would bend my leg because cruise control was on and I didn't have to push the gas my knee would touch the shifter...just didn't seem right to keep dealing with those things.
Old 03-30-2011, 10:40 PM   #135
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Quote:
I'm 6' 185lbs. Getting in and out without hitting my head, driving without feeling like I was in the front and back seat at the same time, and just the overall seat materials weren't very comfy. When i would bend my leg because cruise control was on and I didn't have to push the gas my knee would touch the shifter...just didn't seem right to keep dealing with those things.
Dude just leave and stop trolling. If you cant fit in these new Camaros you cant fit in anything less than a giant truck.

At 6 foot 3 inches and 195 pounds I fit perfectly in my car, in fact I have more room than I need AND I can see out perfectly. Learn to adjust your seat properly.

Seriously quit trolling and go join some Challenged, opps I mean Challenger forums.
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 11:10 PM   #136
C5RocksC5
Banned

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
so which car you prefer now that you have owned both? be honest now
C5RocksC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 11:56 PM   #137
08-G35s/6MT

Drives: racecars
I wish I had a V8... :(

08-G35s/6MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 01:36 AM   #138
mcdoogle6969

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2008 Heritage 300C
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08-G35s/6MT View Post
I wish I had a V8... :(

I wish I had pie.
mcdoogle6969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 02:49 AM   #139
CamaroFreako
KMK

Drives: Slow V6 Camaro
My Camaro has a CD changer......
CamaroFreako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 07:24 AM   #140
AZ MSCL

Drives: 2009 Challenger RT, 2010 Mustang GT
Quote:
And as far as respect you have mine...just as everyone else does...just don't bring a knife to a gun fight...I was prepared from the beginning to defend opposition I expected that, but I'm not the right guy to attempt to belittle.
Congrats! No doubt you will like the Challenger better. I wouldn't worry about the criticism, wouldn't matter what forum you were on if you jumped from one brand to another. As for the nitpicking about weight, power, etc., blah! The Camaro is all of 300 lbs less. Enjoy your ride!

AZ MSCL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2ss, challenger, hemi, mopar, srt8