Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 09-08-2009, 05:55 PM   #1
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Who has installed cat-back and CAI

I recently got a 3" Zoomers cat-back (love it!) installed by Ron at Zoomers and the Roto-Fab CAI just got delivered at home and I plan to install it in the next few days.

So, those of you who have installed a cat-back exhaust and CAI with stock tune, have your car thrown a code from just these 2 upgrades?
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 06:02 PM   #2
tribone
Searchin' ....

Drives: Powered by Bowtie
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 View Post
I recently got a 3" Zoomers cat-back (love it!) installed by Ron at Zoomers ........
Nice!!

-Guillermo
My Pictures
tribone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 06:08 PM   #3
ElManny

Drives: 2010 CGM SS/RS COTW 7/5/2010
Send a message via AIM to ElManny
Quote:
I recently got a 3" Zoomers cat-back (love it!) installed by Ron at Zoomers and the Roto-Fab CAI just got delivered at home and I plan to install it in the next few days.

So, those of you who have installed a cat-back exhaust and CAI with stock tune, have your car thrown a code from just these 2 upgrades?
nope mine hasn't. i have a Borla cat back and the roto-fab. did both without even unplugging the battery. you'll be fine
ElManny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 06:12 PM   #4
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribone View Post
Nice!!
I am liking the Zoomers so far. I tell you, on the way home from Irvine, on the 405, there was a yellow 1SS, he tailed me for 30 minutes! He didn't want to pass. I think he was just enjoying the exhaust sound in the back. Again on the 101, a red 1SS did the same thing for 15 minutes!

Met Ron at his shop at a bit past 11am on Saturday and he was making the 3" for my car when I arrived. I patiently waited. He installed it and I gave it 1 good high rev and I left and enjoyed the 2 hour drive home.

I can't wait to get home an open the box from Roto-Fab!

I have read here time and again about guys installing headers and getting a code. I hope only a cat-back and CAI won't. It shouldn't but I wanna check on people's experience here.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:19 PM   #5
ElManny

Drives: 2010 CGM SS/RS COTW 7/5/2010
Send a message via AIM to ElManny
Quote:
I am liking the Zoomers so far. I tell you, on the way home from Irvine, on the 405, there was a yellow 1SS, he tailed me for 30 minutes! He didn't want to pass. I think he was just enjoying the exhaust sound in the back. Again on the 101, a red 1SS did the same thing for 15 minutes!

Met Ron at his shop at a bit past 11am on Saturday and he was making the 3" for my car when I arrived. I patiently waited. He installed it and I gave it 1 good high rev and I left and enjoyed the 2 hour drive home.

I can't wait to get home an open the box from Roto-Fab!

I have read here time and again about guys installing headers and getting a code. I hope only a cat-back and CAI won't. It shouldn't but I wanna check on people's experience here.
those codes they speak of are long tubes. i have shortys, cat back, and cai and no codes at all
ElManny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 06:39 PM   #6
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElManny View Post
those codes they speak of are long tubes. i have shortys, cat back, and cai and no codes at all
Thanks ElManny.