Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 08-24-2011, 01:46 AM   #15
bkscott

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I ran 18/16 today, and unless you are on a really bad road it still feels like the stock ride. I may crank it up to 20 just to see how it feels.

ADM CAI, Borla Type S Cat Back, VMAX Ported TB, LG Short Throw Shifter, 1LE Shocks, Hotchkis Sway Bars, Whiteline Cradle Bushing Inserts, Custom Powdercoated ZL1's ,Michelin Pilot Supersports, Stainless Power Headers, Solo J Pipes, AAC LED Sidemarkers, ZL1 Rockers, SLP Splitter, ADM Stage II Cam,ZL1 Diffuser,Vitesse Throttle Controller.

bkscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:04 AM   #16
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Man.....I'm wanting these more and more every day. Especially hearing from the OP how they seem to take out the bounciness of the factory suspension. I always felt that even factory it had more bounce than I really liked and adding drop springs increased it just a little.

I also have mixed Mfg springs and sway bars which now the Mfg's are saying to try to stick to the same Mfg of these so you get match spring rates. I'm assuming going over to coilovers will eliminate this issue as well since you can adjust it to your liking.

I actually might be able to swing these sooner than I thought. I might be able to work it out to get them by the end of next month. Saving up a little to go ahead and have Whiteside do the install instead of DIY this time. I even have the wife kinda on board by showing her these threads on how they are making it ride as good if not better than the factory setup yet we can get real aggressive when we do take the car to the occassion AutoX event.

Keep posting up your settings and reviews when you change them so I have an idea on what settings to try once I do get them.

Thanks guys....
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 05:08 PM   #17
AutoAgenda

Drives: 69 Camaro, 02 Escalade, 67 Eleanor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nessal View Post
Just an update. I spent an hour and a half today and redid the entire front end from complete disassembly to setting the height. The car now tracks perfectly straight. Easy as pie especially having done it once. My fiance didn't know that I installed a new suspension into the car. At 15/15 she didn't mention the car riding firmer or not. So I changed it to 20/20 to get it a bit more firm. We just got back from Round Table Pizza not too long ago with this new setting and she still doesn't seem to know. Not a bad thing in my book!

Today I took a turn a little too fast and the rear end stepped out a little bit but quickly recovered. Felt as if I had a super thick swaybar in the rear or something!
AutoAgenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:56 PM   #18
Rogan
No Pain No Gain

Drives: Yellow 5th Gen 2SS RS
So doing this for the first time solo will take 6 to 8 hours?
Old 09-06-2011, 11:51 PM   #19
Nessal

Drives: Exige, Miata, Ghia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
So doing this for the first time solo will take 6 to 8 hours?

Come to think of it now, I honestly feel that I can do it in 2.5 hours with my buddy. The fronts are cake. The rears I must have taken on and off 4 times now. The rear is the one that is a kind of a pain. Now I drilled the rear so I no longer have to remove them to adjust the damper.

Last edited by Nessal; 09-11-2011 at 07:07 PM.
Nessal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 11:56 PM   #20
Rogan
No Pain No Gain

Quote:
Come to think of it now, I honestly feel that I can do it in 2.5 hours with my buddy. The fronts are cake. The rears I must have taken on and off 4 times now. The rear is the one that is a kind of a pain. Now I drilled the rear so I no longer have to remove them to adjust the height.
Is an extra hand that vital? Can this be done solo without too many headaches?
Old 09-07-2011, 12:37 AM   #21
Nessal

Drives: Exige, Miata, Ghia
For me I thought it was priceless especially when it comes to lining up the bolts to put everything back in. But yes, you can do it yourself. Wish I was closer. I wouldn't mind giving you a hand with the install.
Nessal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 12:43 PM   #22
AutoAgenda

Quote:
For me I thought it was priceless especially when it comes to lining up the bolts to put everything back in. But yes, you can do it yourself. Wish I was closer. I wouldn't mind giving you a hand with the install.
Old 09-12-2011, 11:29 AM   #23
yyz28

Drives: 2000 Sebring Silver Z28
Quote:
Is an extra hand that vital? Can this be done solo without too many headaches?
If you're going to do it yourself, on the ground using jackstands/floorjacks, I would make sure you have a second pair of hands. Honestly, we usually put two people on this job at the shop. One person can do it, but having the other set of hands really helps at certain points of the install.

GOOD LUCK!
yyz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 12:29 PM   #24
Rogan
No Pain No Gain

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyz28 View Post
If you're going to do it yourself, on the ground using jackstands/floorjacks, I would make sure you have a second pair of hands. Honestly, we usually put two people on this job at the shop. One person can do it, but having the other set of hands really helps at certain points of the install.

GOOD LUCK!
Ok thanks. I got the fronts on. Think I'm going to get a 2nd pair of hands for the rears.
Old 09-18-2011, 12:48 AM   #25
AutoAgenda

Quote:
Ok thanks. I got the fronts on. Think I'm going to get a 2nd pair of hands for the rears.
+1 A second pair of hands is quite convenient!

Let us know if you encounter any issues, done installs of these BC Racing Coilovers on the G8, GTO and now Camaro. All with great reviews!
Old 09-18-2011, 05:23 AM   #26
Rogan
No Pain No Gain

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoAgenda View Post
+1 A second pair of hands is quite convenient!

Let us know if you encounter any issues, done installs of these BC Racing Coilovers on the G8, GTO and now Camaro. All with great reviews!
They are on - but thanks.

Old 09-21-2011, 12:15 AM   #27
AutoAgenda

Quote:
They are on - but thanks.

Looks amazing! Nice work!
Old 10-09-2011, 09:06 PM   #28
Ozzie RS

Drives: '11 Camaro RS 2LT
Nessal thanks for the nice post. I just ordered a set from Auto Agenda and this post will be a huge help, hell it already has. I'm going out tomorrow and getting a 15mm ratcheting wrench, lol.

By the way I ordered the ER series of BC coil overs that just became available for the Camaro last week from my understanding. I'll post after the install.