Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 01-01-2015, 06:55 PM   #1
Rafael205

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
To those who have the Neoprene seat covers..

Hey guys,
I put the Coverking Neoprene Seat covers in my camaro about a year and a half ago. I have the red and black version of them. I bought them for both the front and back seats, but lately I have been noticing that the front covers are starting to look more pink Has anyone else experienced fading in their neoprene seat covers? Considering the fact that the front seat covers alone are nearly $200, Is there a practical way of restoring the seat covers themselves? Thanks.
Old 01-01-2015, 11:30 PM   #2
BIO-HAZARD
INFECTED

Drives: 2011 1LT Synergy Green
I feel you pain. I got the Synergy Green ones front & back . They look amzing for all most the 1st year . They faded and my front passenger bottom seat cover has orange spots on it. I called Cover King to ask for a replacement & the lady looked up my order date and said I was 4 days past the warranty date. She would not do anything for me. She's was pretty rude. She said I could just buy that seat bottom to replace it for $99.00. I said I only paid $350.00 for the whole set. And I could buy the whole front seat set for $200.00 why in God's name would I pay that just for the bottom part ? She said so go buy the whole thing then.. By this time I was really hot .I hung up on her. Then I called back and asked to talk to a supervisor and guess what they transfered me to her...Another company that don't stand behind their product. Mind when I said my covers were a year old that is including the car was put away for winter from Oct. to May ...The real thing that makes me mad is I really like the covers and they are really comfortable to sit on...

Last edited by BIO-HAZARD; 01-03-2015 at 03:42 PM.
BIO-HAZARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 01:24 AM   #3
Rafael205

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIO-HAZARD View Post
I feel you pain. I got the Synergy Green ones front & back . They look amzing for all most the 1st year . They faded and my front passenger bottom seat cover has orange spots on it. I called Cover King to ask for a replacement & the lady looked up my order date and said I was 4 days past the warranty date. She would not do anything for me. She's was pretty rude. She said I could just buy that seat bottom to replace it for $99.00. I said I only paid $350.00 for the whole set. And I could buy the whole front seat set for $200.00 why in God's name would I pay that just for the bottom part ? She said so go buy the whole thing then.. By this time I was really hot .I hung up on her. Then I called back and asked to talk to a supervisor and guess what they transfered me to her...Another company that don't stand behind their product. Mind when I said my covers were a year old that is including the car was put away for winter from Oct. to May ...The real thing that makes me mad is I really like the covers and they are really cof or table to sit on...

Wow! I'm even more disappointed with this company after hearing your story. I completely agree with you on the 1 year appearance of the covers. I don't think I will be buying anything from them after our experience with these seat covers.. I've heard that you can dye the neoprene back to the original color, but that the dye will eventually bleed out into your clothes.. So No good. The only reason I chose the neoprene seat covers from this company over the IGEE replica leather seat covers is because of the Texas summers.. That's it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-03-2015, 10:21 AM   #4
Rafael205

Does anyone else have input on this? Or maybe reviews on the IGGEE faux leather seat covers??
Old 01-03-2015, 03:50 PM   #5
BIO-HAZARD
INFECTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafael205 View Post
Wow! I'm even more disappointed with this company after hearing your story. I completely agree with you on the 1 year appearance of the covers. I don't think I will be buying anything from them after our experience with these seat covers.. I've heard that you can dye the neoprene back to the original color, but that the dye will eventually bleed out into your clothes.. So No good. The only reason I chose the neoprene seat covers from this company over the IGEE replica leather seat covers is because of the Texas summers.. That's it.

I was looking at the IGEE also , but no Green .. I called a local shop that does seats . Going to find out how much it cost just to replace the center green area of the covers with Green leather or something else to bring back the color ...

The funny part is I have seen the Blue & black covers and they look nice also the Gray . They dont look like they fade .
Old 01-03-2015, 03:53 PM   #6
Rafael205

Quote:
I was looking at the IGEE also , but no Green .. I called a local shop that does seats . Going to find out how much it cost just to replace the center green area of the covers with Green leather or something else to bring back the color ...

The funny part is I have seen the Blue & black covers and they look nice also the Gray . They dont look like they fade .

Cool. Let me know how it works out for you.

Old 03-12-2015, 10:08 PM   #7
Rafael205

My front seats look pink/black now
Old 03-13-2015, 06:16 AM   #8
mydreamcar
My Dream Car

Drives: 2011 SIM LS3 1SS
I had the iggee seat covers in my first camaro, for 4 years, all black, despite many days in the sun and constant in and out of the car there was very little if at all fading, and very little wear and tear. I have them now in my second camaro for 18 months and highly recommend iggee. The two tone color maybe the issue here regardless of company, not sure if anyone with the issues is putting a sunscreen in the windshield which would def help. I do usually but have gone weeks without it as well.
Old 03-13-2015, 08:43 AM   #9
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
The fading issue is the reason I went with the mesh covers over the neoprene.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 09:14 AM   #10
rlkerbeca

Drives: camaro
The fading issue is the reason I went with the mesh covers over the neoprene.
rlkerbeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 10:23 AM   #11
Rafael205

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydreamcar View Post
I had the iggee seat covers in my first camaro, for 4 years, all black, despite many days in the sun and constant in and out of the car there was very little if at all fading, and very little wear and tear. I have them now in my second camaro for 18 months and highly recommend iggee. The two tone color maybe the issue here regardless of company, not sure if anyone with the issues is putting a sunscreen in the windshield which would def help. I do usually but have gone weeks without it as well.

I usually do put on the sunscreen in the windshield, and even then the front seats have significantly faded. They are now 2 years old, but I didn't think they would fade this much.
Old 03-13-2015, 11:52 AM   #12
BIO-HAZARD
INFECTED

Hey bud, I did the bad again. After trying to get someone to cover my seats with a green , it didn't work out . And my covers faded also. But I do like the black & Green . And with cost difference it was just cheaper & easier to buy another set of the cover king seat covers ..Got them for $200.00 shipped. I know I wasn't going to. But it is what it is . Finding anything with green is next to impossible . .
Old 03-13-2015, 07:56 PM   #13
Rafael205

Quote:
Hey bud, I did the bad again. After trying to get someone to cover my seats with a green , it didn't work out . And my covers faded also. But I do like the black & Green . And with cost difference it was just cheaper & easier to buy another set of the cover king seat covers ..Got them for $200.00 shipped. I know I wasn't going to. But it is what it is . Finding anything with green is next to impossible . .

Sorry to hear.. I wish there was a better solution..
Old 03-14-2015, 05:30 PM   #14
BIO-HAZARD
INFECTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafael205 View Post
Sorry to hear.. I wish there was a better solution..
Hey they wil look great for a couple of years. I will put a scotch guard uv protection on them this time & will double check them before the warranty runs out.