Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 06-05-2010, 11:27 AM   #43
06blownSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berean View Post
Just installed my new Foose Legends and the TPMS rubbed the brake line even with the caps removed.

I tried loosening the bushings. Popped the outer one off (yellow) and the inner one popped right off, got another inch of play in the line and moved it back, popped the outer one back in place, left the inner one popped out because that's the only way you can get slack in the line.

Hopefully this will work and won't cause any problems. I really don't want to have to buy another set of TPMS and pay for the remounting, rebalancing etc.

Guess this means I won't be getting the car lowered either.
I am lowered with Foose Legends and like everyone here I had that problem, i just gave some slack to the brake lines and used a zip tie to keep it out of harms way
Black on Black on Black 2010 Camaro 2SS LS3;K&N intake, Dynatech 1 7/8 catted LTs, Borla S Cat Back, Eibach prokit, Pfadt rear trailing arms, ZL-1 driveline, BTR Stage III Cam, Tuned by Performance Redline 444.1whp & 442.9 ft-lb
06blownSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 09:47 AM   #44
racer778
Camaro Sold

Drives: 2010 camaro 2SS/RS
TPMS Sensors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
These kinds of issues are why I ordered my wheels through Nineball (Tony). He has a Camaro that is dropped and he knows exactly what will fit the car.

My 22" Savini wheels are supposed to arrive either today or tomorrow (fingers crossed). My car is also dropped on Pfadt springs. Tony sent me a set of TPMS for the new wheels that I believe are shorter than the stock sensors so there should be no issues with touching the brake lines.

I'll let you know what happens when the wheels are mounted on my car and I'll post some pics.
I don't know why you would not go with TPMS sensor adapters. With the kind of money you are spending on wheels and tires (i have them too) the adapters completely eliminate the issue. You don't have to worry about the brake line slipping back , or the zip ties plastic which will fail at some point, because of the elements the plastic will be exposed to. You can lower the car as well and not have an issue.

Last edited by racer778; 06-07-2010 at 09:49 AM. Reason: spelling
racer778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 09:55 AM   #45
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer778 View Post
I don't know why you would not go with TPMS sensor adapters. With the kind of money you are spending on wheels and tires (i have them too) the adapters completely eliminate the issue. You don't have to worry about the brake line slipping back , or the zip ties plastic which will fail at some point, because of the elements the plastic will be exposed to. You can lower the car as well and not have an issue.

I think that's what's going to happen. The sensors Nine Ball provided are shorter than the stock sensors; however, as it turns out, they don't work with the rim of the particular Savini wheels I bought. I am hoping Nine Ball can send me some adapters to put them inside the wheels. Nine Ball was on the road late last week and over the weekend. I hope to hear back from him today about the adapters.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 08:03 PM   #46
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
I think that's what's going to happen. The sensors Nine Ball provided are shorter than the stock sensors; however, as it turns out, they don't work with the rim of the particular Savini wheels I bought. I am hoping Nine Ball can send me some adapters to put them inside the wheels. Nine Ball was on the road late last week and over the weekend. I hope to hear back from him today about the adapters.
Nineball is on PowerTour right now and will be headed home on the 13th.

I have an appointment on Friday to break down the tires and fix for good.
I'm probably going to try these adaptors.http://www.bfxauto.com/TPMS-Valve-St...x-90tpmsvs.htm

I'm sort of suprised this issue hasn't been highlighted much before our two threads...
has potential for a very dangerous situation.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:16 PM   #47
Darth_Emma

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Nineball is on PowerTour right now and will be headed home on the 13th.

I have an appointment on Friday to break down the tires and fix for good.
I'm probably going to try these adaptors.http://www.bfxauto.com/TPMS-Valve-St...x-90tpmsvs.htm

I'm sort of suprised this issue hasn't been highlighted much before our two threads...
has potential for a very dangerous situation.
mlee, gee I wonder where you found those? hehe!

I agree. This does seem to be an issue, especially if the car is dropped and you go with wide tires in the rear (which many of us have).

I will have my wheels mounted in the next couple of days with those same adapters. I'll let you know how it goes and post some pics.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:33 PM   #48
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:

I agree. This does seem to be an issue, especially if the car is dropped and you go with wide tires in the rear (which many of us have).

I will have my wheels mounted in the next couple of days with those same adapters. I'll let you know how it goes and post some pics.
I spoke w/ Nick on the phone tonight and he had a short stem that would also work. He was going to check the fit with rubber stems in the morning and get back with me. Great Guy to deal with.

I had these wheels on my CGM car for 3 days and never knew to even check for this issue. Didn't appear to have a problem (no marks on the stems) but this car is another story.

...and that was right after C5 fest... still no wheels on car...

Good thing I found your thread...
Old 06-07-2010, 11:22 PM   #49
Nine Ball

Drives: 1969 & 2016 Camaro SS
Terri, IPS and Savini both called me today. Looks like they are sending you the proper adapters. For future reference, most wheels get away with the $60 ones shown on this page:

http://www.iforged.com/store/index.p...e82da9f26fb6ba

Sorry I couldn't help from the road, I don't get home until Sunday. I have a few sets of those $60 ones above in stock for emergencies.

Tony
Old 06-07-2010, 11:29 PM   #50
d69chris
Florida C5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Vortech L99 IOM
Send a message via Yahoo to d69chris
I zip tied my e-brake cable to the toe arm and have had no problems.

Don't switch the TPMS's out and run the risk of some idiot damaging your wheels.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:10 AM   #51
World of Wheels

Drives: 2SS Spaceship
Quote:

I Don't think lowering the vehical has anything to do with the valvestem issue. They hit on my car before and after I lowered it. Any opinions?

An aftermarket TPMS set-up or a TPMS delete is the best fix for this problem.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:02 AM   #52
Darth_Emma

I had an after market (shorter than stock) TPMS sent to me and, for some reason, it didn't fit in the hole in the rim for the TPMS.

I wasn't as worried about the TPMS causing a problem in a lowered car, but I was concerned that with wider back tires, a lowered car might have a problem with the tire rubbing in the wheel well. Apparetently, that has not been an issue.

I am having 315s put on 22x11 rims on the back. I love that look.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:48 AM   #53
mlee
CamaroFans.com

The issue w/ lowering the car was reported on the front wheels hitting the struts. Hard to check that one because you have to have weight on the springs, but can be done.

For the rear I had the problem w/ the e-brake line both before and after lowering. My 90deg stems are shipping today overnight so I should have them installed on Friday. At least I have an awesome shop with a top of the line Hunter tire machine for this.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:52 AM   #54
CajunCamaroChic

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, ABM "Bella"
I had the the same issue, so the tire shop just put a flat, screw in cover since I don't need the back ones anyway.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:53 AM   #55
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Here's a pic of the stem w/ OEM sensor attached...

http://www.bfxauto.com/TPMS-Valve-St...x-90tpmsvs.htm
Attached Images

Old 06-08-2010, 10:56 AM   #56
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunCamaroChic View Post
I had the the same issue, so the tire shop just put a flat, screw in cover since I don't need the back ones anyway.
Why don't you need the back ones...