Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 07-14-2012, 11:00 PM   #463
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Meth kit will definitely solve the issues for the SC kit. And as safety also while in boost. I would highly recommend it to many. I'm going to put mine back in action once I get my tune leaned up a little. OR might just load one of my earlier tunes with the Meth. I'm running 100%, what mix do y'all plan on using?

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
Old 07-14-2012, 11:03 PM   #464
MrGood

Drives: Broken palmghetto test car
Send a message via Yahoo to MrGood
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
Meth kit will definitely solve the issues for the SC kit. And at safety also while in boost. I would highly recommend it to many. I'm going to put mine back in action once I get my tune leaned up a little. OR might just load one of my earlier tunes with the Meth. I'm running 100%, what mix do y'all plan on using?

Mine is at 50/50 meth/water because it says not to use more than 50% methanol mixture on my tank. Knew you were running 100%. Is the 50/50 like a safety or something or what?
MrGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 12:30 AM   #465
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGood View Post
Mine is at 50/50 meth/water because it says not to use more than 50% methanol mixture on my tank. Knew you were running 100%. Is the 50/50 like a safety or something or what?
The Meth is for adding more octane to our fuel mixer so we can up the boost. Also it's a good safety for our cars since our tunes a kind of wacky. Because you rather have more fuel going in and running rich instead of running lean. It also lowers our AIT. I think I may go with a 50/50 soon after I see what I'm running with the updated tune if I ever get one lol. I was running 100% because at first we were running 13psi of boost.

Old 07-15-2012, 12:33 AM   #466
MrGood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
The Meth is for adding more octane to our fuel mixer so we can up the boost. Also it's a good safety for our cars since our tunes a kind of wacky. Because you rather have more fuel going in and running rich instead of running lean. It also lowers our AIT. I think I may go with a 50/50 soon after I see what I'm running with the updated tune if I ever get one lol. I was running 100% because at first we were running 13psi of boost.

I gotcha.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:03 AM   #467
MrGood

Thought you'd like to know your baby got there today.

Old 07-19-2012, 05:07 PM   #468
smoke1lt

Drives: 2011 1lt/rs/sim
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGood View Post
Thought you'd like to know your baby got there today.

Awesome,thanks for posting the pic.Driver said he had a bad trip ,was way behind schedule,but im glad it made it there in one piece.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:20 AM   #469
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Alright Smoke, I think you said you were going to be at Tracy's shop today. Give us an update!
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:00 PM   #470
smoke1lt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
Alright Smoke, I think you said you were going to be at Tracy's shop today. Give us an update!
Update is i need Vince.The car pulls really hard up to just over 5,000 rpms,about 5,300-5500 rpms car starts to break up.We tried to dial in the meth to see if that would help, but I need to log and send to Vince and get the tune dialed in.I dont think Vince is working on tunes this week.So i am heading to the fest first thing in the morning 1,000 mile drive.Will log and send to Vince this week and see when I hear back from him.The od pulley is freaking awsome though,what a differance from the standard size.Boost comes on alot faster and the car pulls awesome down low,car is making 7 psi of boost until it starts breaking up just over 5,000 rpm's
Old 07-31-2012, 09:18 PM   #471
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke1lt View Post
Update is i need Vince.The car pulls really hard up to just over 5,000 rpms,about 5,300-5500 rpms car starts to break up.We tried to dial in the meth to see if that would help, but I need to log and send to Vince and get the tune dialed in.I dont think Vince is working on tunes this week.So i am heading to the fest first thing in the morning 1,000 mile drive.Will log and send to Vince this week and see when I hear back from him.The od pulley is freaking awsome though,what a differance from the standard size.Boost comes on alot faster and the car pulls awesome down low,car is making 7 psi of boost until it starts breaking up just over 5,000 rpm's
Welcome to my world buddy
Old 07-31-2012, 09:31 PM   #472
smoke1lt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
Welcome to my world buddy
Yeah really need to get the tune worked out,just ran out of time ,car was late getting there and Tracy lost almost a week to work on it.We have to get the od pulley to work because I cant go back to the stock pulley now after feeling how hard the the car pulls down low,starts making boost real quick now.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:43 PM   #473
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke1lt View Post
Yeah really need to get the tune worked out,just ran out of time ,car was late getting there and Tracy lost almost a week to work on it.We have to get the od pulley to work because I cant go back to the stock pulley now after feeling how hard the the car pulls down low,starts making boost real quick now.
Yuuuuuuuuup. However I might be going back to the stock pulley this weekend so I can actually got WOT and all the fun stuff one would do with a newly FI car. I mean V6owner ran 13.12 @ 109 with the stock pulley and I ran a 13.7x @ 100 with the OD pulley. We had VERY similar 60 foot times, so that just goes to show you how far off the tune is. Also our DA's were pretty similar.