Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 12-03-2013, 08:59 PM   #29
trademaster

Drives: 12 MP4-12C, 16 Quattroporte
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg36 View Post
I would say Cadillac has easily beaten Lexus with the CTS and ATS (the only segments that they compete in).
I don't know where you get that idea. The IS is so much better than the ATS imo. ATS feels cheaper to me. I would give the edge to CTS over GS, but mostly because of the V-Sport and awesome looks of the new CTS. Regardless, LS is still vastly superior to anything Cadillac offers and until Cadillac enters that arena they won't be considered a true luxury brand to many. It's more of an entry-level luxury brand at the moment.
trademaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 09:40 PM   #30
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
Quote:
Originally Posted by trademaster View Post
I don't know where you get that idea. The IS is so much better than the ATS imo. ATS feels cheaper to me. I would give the edge to CTS over GS, but mostly because of the V-Sport and awesome looks of the new CTS. Regardless, LS is still vastly superior to anything Cadillac offers and until Cadillac enters that arena they won't be considered a true luxury brand to many. It's more of an entry-level luxury brand at the moment.
All Lexus' are glorified Toyotas.
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:17 PM   #31
trademaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg36 View Post
All Lexus' are glorified Toyotas.
Spoken like a true fanboy. The Lexus LS is more luxurious than anything General Motors offers, "glorified Toyota" or not. Saying an LS is a glorified Toyota is like saying an A8 is a glorified Volkswagen. It is still an extremely fine automobile and a car Cadillac will have to contend with to become a recognized top-tier luxury brand on the global stage.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:26 PM   #32
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Spoken like a true fanboy. The Lexus LS is more luxurious than anything General Motors offers, "glorified Toyota" or not. Saying an LS is a glorified Toyota is like saying an A8 is a glorified Volkswagen. It is still an extremely fine automobile.
Opinions are like A-holes everyone has one and that is just what yours is opinion. Don't get upset when someone else's doesn't line up with yours. I agree with him in a way. I've been in my share of Lexus products, and I truly believe that Caddys are fare nicer in just about every way.

I have to see also that I too see just an overpriced Toyota when it comes to Lexus. Sorry to hurt your feelings. I would take an A8 over anything Lexus makes for sure.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:44 PM   #33
right to travel

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS 1LE SW
mkz>xts all day.different styles of luxury though luxury/sport (caddy) vs classic luxury (lincoln).
right to travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:19 AM   #34
trademaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Opinions are like A-holes everyone has one and that is just what yours is opinion. Don't get upset when someone else's doesn't line up with yours. I agree with him in a way. I've been in my share of Lexus products, and I truly believe that Caddys are fare nicer in just about every way.

I have to see also that I too see just an overpriced Toyota when it comes to Lexus. Sorry to hurt your feelings. I would take an A8 over anything Lexus makes for sure.
There is opinion and there is obnoxious casuistry. Because you are incapable of seeing past the comparison to a Japanese automobile you both have completely missed the point of my post -- until Cadillac is ready to enter the super-lux sedan market and compete with cars like the LS, A8, 7-series, and S-class it will never be recognized as a true luxury brand on the global stage.
Old 12-04-2013, 06:41 AM   #35
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
Quote:
Spoken like a true fanboy. The Lexus LS is more luxurious than anything General Motors offers, "glorified Toyota" or not. Saying an LS is a glorified Toyota is like saying an A8 is a glorified Volkswagen. It is still an extremely fine automobile and a car Cadillac will have to contend with to become a recognized top-tier luxury brand on the global stage.
I'm not a fan boy, it's what I believe. Cadillac used to be glorified Chevy, but not anymore. That's great that you like the LS, but I don't see MT, R&T, and C&D giving it rave reviews and calling it COTY.
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 07:07 AM   #36
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 SGM Sp. Edition 2017 RS Conver
I've owned a 76' Coupe d' ville ,74 sedan d'ville , 80' Seville. Caddys turn my head when I see them especially now. A Lincoln has never turned my head. Ok a 50's Lincoln will snap it around.
Old 12-04-2013, 07:29 AM   #37
1QwikZ28

Drives: 1999 Camaro Z28
Call me crazy, but I chose a Navigator over the Escalade. Wife was settled on getting the Caddy until we stopped by the Ford/Lincoln dealership next door after test driving the Escalade. The Navigator just rode better the interior was nicer IMO. I was surprised that the Navigator was a better driving experience.
1QwikZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:17 AM   #38
yzrider58
Aviation guru

Drives: 10 1SS, 09 Acadia, 90 K1500 Z-71
The biggest advantage is Cadillac has shed the old man car image. I live near an Air Force and an Army base and I see quite a few Caddys being driven by young airman. The most common model I see is the CTS and I'm starting to see a few ATS's. To be honest I can't even remember seeing a Lincoln in the past month.

Lincoln was also just poorly ranked for retaining value. I really don't think they even have a dog in the fight.

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/electric...190211536.html
Old 12-04-2013, 08:55 AM   #39
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Do I think Cadillac is a competitor to Lincoln? No. But so I think that Cadillac is on BMW, Audi, and Mercedes Benz level? No.

I think Cadillac is in their awkward middle school stage. Without a doubt, they're improving their products. But they aren't BMW, Audi and Mercedes competitors..yet.
Old 12-04-2013, 09:09 AM   #40
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
When the Omega flagship arrives, I don't think there will be any question who is the legitimate luxury brand between Cadillac and Lincoln.
Old 12-04-2013, 09:17 AM   #41
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
What's the status on the Elmiraj?
Old 12-04-2013, 09:29 AM   #42
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Whether or not they'll actually build the concept itself is still in question. Welburn spoke about it a few weeks ago but his answer was really weird and cryptic. He said something along the lines of, "Oh yeah, that thing, well we're really busy working on stuff, so I don't know."

The concept was definitely built on Omega though. A lot of the design will probably translate over to the sedan.