Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 01-14-2015, 09:12 AM   #1
Oneflyenyceguy
Hmm...Something Clever

Drives: Blac on Blaq on Blak 2012 Camaro LS
Cool WRECKED

so im driving home last night from work and ran over a dog or small deer. I ran aground into a high ditch and damage the front bumper cover on the drivers side. looking from the top down it appears that the radiator and mechanical parts have not been damaged. the damage so far is only to the bumper cover and the air dam thing underneath. I had plans one day of converting to the SS front bumper anyway. what do u guys think? trying to upload pics….. i can do some DIY stuff (part time @ Autozone) if the directions are clear and the tools aren't to complicated.
Attached Images

Adjustments: 20% tint all around, Emblem Pros Dash plaque, Rockford Fosgate P-300/12
Oneflyenyceguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 10:24 AM   #2
sbubbaklein

Drives: early 2011 Camaro convertible
yes, time for a new bumper cover. Switching to a ss is cheapest, you can use your old upper grille as well as your headlights. Could switch to 2014 but would have extra expenses of new style headlights. Remember the cowl lines are different from model to model so the front bumper may need to be sanded to match your hood.
see post "ss front bumper conversion kit" priced at around $450

Early 2011 LT Convertible, ZL1 bumper, hood, side skirts, belly pan and wheels, Truecarbon ECF hood extractor, K&N CAI, Elite catch can, Big Worm Bow Tie emblems, Jacfab bracket, Vitesse TC, BMR strut brace, BMR tunnel brace, NPP exhaust
sbubbaklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 10:57 AM   #3
Oneflyenyceguy
Hmm...Something Clever

Thanx just made me feel much better

Adjustments: 20% tint all around, Emblem Pros Dash plaque, Rockford Fosgate P-300/12
Old 01-14-2015, 07:22 PM   #4
BiG_TiMe

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
you're pissed that you ran over an animal? i hope you feel bad that you killed an animal..
Old 01-14-2015, 07:44 PM   #5
Mark T
American Gold Whisperer

Drives: 2014 White 1LE 2SS/RS/NPP/Rec/Nav
I am sure he didnt intentionally enjoy hitting the animal.

Where i live deer are like cockroaches. If you havent hit one yet you probably dont drive or you just moved here.
Old 01-14-2015, 08:41 PM   #6
Castrosua

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS
Ill get hated on for this but i just had this happen to me and luckily i didnt swerve. If you swerve and hit a tree, ditch, anything, it falls under your collision insurance, and bam, they go up.

If you straight on hit the thing, then its comprehensive and your rates dont go up. Funny how that is, but i dont get insurance companies.

As far as fixing it, it is a PITA, its all snaps in the bumper. Your insurance will want receipts and stuff, and they might not cover an SS bumper (even if they are the same price, or even less)

I would say let them fix it, because i can guarantee that youll take the bumper cover off and you will see more damange (valence panels, inner fender, and who knows what else)

PS, i would feel bad for a dog or cat, but a deer? rats with antlers as far as im concerned. I wouldnt even eat the dear around here...
1972 Lincoln Continental fully original down to paint
Castrosua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 09:29 PM   #7
Oneflyenyceguy
Hmm...Something Clever

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVO 2SS View Post
What happened to the thread Titled, I Hate Dogs Now? OP I'm glad your ok but...not gonna lie, I could care less about your camaro or if you get it fixed. That thread you started was kind of cruel. Most people who saw that thread will agree. Again...Glad you're ok
There was NOTHING cruel about my post! It got deleted prolly because someone like you got offended. Please get out your feelings and go have a seat. If u could care less about whether it got fixed then why even post a message? But anyway man I've been apart of this site for TOO long for you piss me off and tell u something to get kicked off so on that note✌️

Old 01-14-2015, 09:36 PM   #8
Oneflyenyceguy
Hmm...Something Clever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T View Post
I am sure he didnt intentionally enjoy hitting the animal.

Where i live deer are like cockroaches. If you havent hit one yet you probably dont drive or you just moved here.
Mark you are right I did not enjoy hitting that animal but it ruined my car and is costing me lots of money I don't have. So yes I said I hate dogs right now don't mean I wanna go kill one. Sheesh!!

Old 01-15-2015, 12:24 AM   #9
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
That sucks, hopefully you can make good out of it and do an upgrade. I'd skip getting an SS fascia and go for a ZL1 or rideskinz, but of course that depends on budget, tastes and whatever else. I'd hate to have that happen to me glad you're safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG_TiMe View Post
you're pissed that you ran over an animal? i hope you feel bad that you killed an animal..
Do you feel bad about squishing ants? Cause I squish 'em all the time.
Or is it only cute fluffy mammals that we should be concerned about... do you eat burgers? Sorry this is off topic but I think your post was extremely irrelevant and ignorant, I apologize in advance if this is offensive but I think that trying to make the OP feel bad about accidentally hitting an animal that ran in front of a car is just stupid, I think we should be more glad that the human being is OK. An animal, in the end, is an animal. I've hit birds and it's not my fault, the damn things seem to love playing chicken or something and love flying right in front of cars at the last second. I hit bugs all the time, never cared other than they ruin my paint. Bugs are animals too you know. Also ran over an already dead cat or small dog with my other car, got blood all over the rear tire and exhaust and really stunk even after a harsh wash... I didn't actually kill the animal, but even if it had been alive when I accidentally hit it I wouldn't be concerned. Sheesh...
sorry again. /end rant

looking now it seems like a post was probably deleted, I don't know for sure but either way a dog is a dog.
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 08:31 AM   #10
Oneflyenyceguy
Hmm...Something Clever

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTheCat View Post
That sucks, hopefully you can make good out of it and do an upgrade. I'd skip getting an SS fascia and go for a ZL1 or rideskinz, but of course that depends on budget, tastes and whatever else. I'd hate to have that happen to me glad you're safe.

Do you feel bad about squishing ants? Cause I squish 'em all the time.
Or is it only cute fluffy mammals that we should be concerned about... do you eat burgers? Sorry this is off topic but I think your post was extremely irrelevant and ignorant, I apologize in advance if this is offensive but I think that trying to make the OP feel bad about accidentally hitting an animal that ran in front of a car is just stupid, I think we should be more glad that the human being is OK. An animal, in the end, is an animal. I've hit birds and it's not my fault, the damn things seem to love playing chicken or something and love flying right in front of cars at the last second. I hit bugs all the time, never cared other than they ruin my paint. Bugs are animals too you know. Also ran over an already dead cat or small dog with my other car, got blood all over the rear tire and exhaust and really stunk even after a harsh wash... I didn't actually kill the animal, but even if it had been alive when I accidentally hit it I wouldn't be concerned. Sheesh...
sorry again. /end rant

looking now it seems like a post was probably deleted, I don't know for sure but either way a dog is a dog.

Although I like the ZL1 front end, that price tag is something serious..(balling on a budget). I'm a fan of the mail slot anyway. Looking forward to adding the knight Rider light. Yes I know that's cheesy as hell but I grew up watching the show so I connect with it.

Old 01-15-2015, 12:07 PM   #11
Yeti

Drives: Summit White RS
The classification for human fall under the kingdom animalia and the class mammalia. Therefore humans are animals and also mammals. Just to let you know.
Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 12:38 PM   #12
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Get the estimate see if your insurance will cut you a check then look up costs to get a new bumper painted to your cars color as opposed to the repair costs. Almost 90% of he time it's cheaper to get a new bumper then to repair it as long as there's no other damage.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 03:53 PM   #13
Oneflyenyceguy
Hmm...Something Clever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Get the estimate see if your insurance will cut you a check then look up costs to get a new bumper painted to your cars color as opposed to the repair costs. Almost 90% of he time it's cheaper to get a new bumper then to repair it as long as there's no other damage.
Yea I'm going to order an SS bumper tomorrow. The damage is from the fog light down. There's nothing behind that area

Old 01-15-2015, 08:38 PM   #14
Tbar

Drives: Silver 2012 LFX
I had an accident recently and need new bumper, headlight, and some qrt. panel work. getting same bumper but upgrading to halos and getting fog lights for my LS.

Tags
front bumper cover, ls camaro, ss conversion, wrecked