Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 07-27-2010, 06:11 PM   #15
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffyguitar View Post
I'm leaning towards going solid, but I have used hollow in the past. I don't mind a little extra weight as long is it's not rotating mass, and you don't get much lower on the car than the sways. Removing the mufflers, etc. more than makes up for what little it adds. I'm also in the process of beefing up my brakes (slotted/cross drilled), and getting LT's. Should make for a fun summer!
Whether a sway bar is hollow or solid should never be a primary concern. No one ever has problems with either design. The point of sway bar upgrades is to increase front and rear roll stiffnesses effectively to produce a car that the driver is comfortable with for performance handling, has better response and transient handling characteristics, and has a "balanced" feel. Hollow or solid has nothing to do with this, you can achieve any realistic rate you want with either style.

You need to look at the effective roll stiffness coupling of the front and rear, to determine if they are bars that will suit your driving style and performance goals. The fact that the highest performing sway bars are hollow is merely a byproduct of proper engineering. You can achieve identical rates you want with either design, one will just be lighter than the other, they will both be equally strong.

We do not put down anyones bars for any reason. We use both designs throughout our entire catalogue of Camaro Sway Bar offerings. I have included a chart of all of our sway bars relative roll stiffness values to compare to OEM. You can easily see the balance trends we like to target when engineering a set of proper sway bars. Not to mention, if weight is a factor, then you can see what our solutions have to offer in that respect as well.

Weights:

Front ARB:

OE FE3 Weight - 7.5 lb
Pfadt Sport ARB - 10.6 lb
Pfadt Race ARB - 8.25 lb

Rear ARB

OE FE3 Weight - 5 lb
Pfadt Balance Bar - 16.5 lb
Pfadt Sport ARB - 12.25 lb
Pfadt Race Bar - 10.1 lb

Last edited by PfadtRacing; 07-28-2010 at 10:31 AM.
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 07:54 AM   #16
chris@lsrperformance

Drives: 2010 yellow beast
Check out LSR Performance sway bars: www.lsrperformance.com

LSR Performance’s new adjustable swaybars for the 2010 Camaro SS!! The only kit on the market designed and manufactured out of 4130 high strength chrome moly tubing and tig welded for maximum strength! Both front and rear bars are 3 position adjustable for ultra fine tuning of the suspension.
The front bar is adjustable from 159%, 212% and 285% stiffer then stock. While the rear bar is adjustable from 204%, 364% and 495% stiffer then stock. All this adds up to a kit that has been tested and designed to offer decreased body roll and much better handling on the 2010 Camaro. The bars feature billet and stamped ends that are welded on and not coined, which prevents unnecessary stress. High quality Energy suspension urethane bushings and brackets are included as well.
They are also powdercoated silver metal flake for a durable and long lasting finish. Speaking of long lasting, the LSR Performance bars feature a LIFE TIME WARRANTEE! So these will be the last set of swaybars you will ever have to purchase.
chris@lsrperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 11:12 AM   #17
JProberts

Drives: 2SS RJT RS/Sunroof
Does anyone have any information or opinion of these BMR sways and lowering springs? Anyone out there have any of these BMR products on there 5th gens yet?
JProberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 11:48 AM   #18
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
I have got a ton of BMR stuff, not yet all installed though. Sub frames, tunnel brace, drivshaft loop,trailing arms and toe links with Nitto's 12.35 @ 113. Spring, sways and assorted bushing left to go on yet.
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 11:57 AM   #19
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JProberts View Post
Does anyone have any information or opinion of these BMR sways and lowering springs? Anyone out there have any of these BMR products on there 5th gens yet?
Our first ever BMR order will be shipping out to a Camaro5 member in Louisiana tomorrow; lowering springs, sway bars, and sub frame connectors. BMR has been around for years, they are not a Johnny come lately manufacturer to the suspension world.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 01:52 PM   #20
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
Our first ever BMR order will be shipping out to a Camaro5 member in Louisiana tomorrow; lowering springs, sway bars, and sub frame connectors. BMR has been around for years, they are not a Johnny come lately manufacturer to the suspension world.
Between the Nitto's NT05's and the BMR stuff Pumpkin went almost 5 tenth's faster instantly.Add the ARH system for another 3 tenths for 12.35 @ 113 mph (no tune). THX to Joe and crew.
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 02:36 PM   #21
BMR guy

Drives: 2010 1SS
[/QUOTE]JProberts;2167825]Does anyone have any information or opinion of these BMR sways and lowering springs? Anyone out there have any of these BMR products on there 5th gens yet? [/QUOTE]

[WE_Coyote;2124520]I just installed the rear BMR sway bar. I was not expecting a lot of improvement over the factory bar but was pleasantly surprised! I'm constantly reminded of the improvement every time I take a corner. I got the black hammertone finish and was very impressed with the quality of the piece. It was also easy to install, I just removed one wheel and sild the factory bar out sideways and slid the BMR bar in the same way. No need to drop the exhaust.

Saving my pennies to get the front bar...

Nice job BMR!!

[jrhaus76;2125015]I had the rear bar installed for about 2 weeks prior to the front... got the rear before the fronts were fabricated and counldn't wait to install it! Adding the front is AWESOME! I have been running both for about 2 months now... WOW! Brett is right, its nice to be able to go to the middle holes! I have not had the guts to try the stiff holes! It is like its on rails as it is. I suggest springs too!

[Drew10;1940277]I just installed BMR sways on my car and they are worth well more than what they are selling for. Along with the lowering springs they have made an very noticable difference in the handling of my car. I also like how both the front and the back are 3 way adjustable depending on how you plan to drive your car. You nailed it BMR!

[mlee;2111855]I have the front and rear sway bars on now... They are awesome...
Next is trailing arms, strut tower brace and probably tie rod ends.

We have sold over 100 sets already, all with very positive feedback. This is the Fifth generation of this platform that we manufacture swaybars for and was by far the most challenging bars yet. A lot of effort went into the design and the result is a swaybar that will wake up your Fifth gen and make it "feel" like it is 1000 lbs. lighter in the corners!
BMR guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 06:15 PM   #22
JProberts

Drives: 2SS RJT RS/Sunroof
BMR Guy - are those 1" lowering springs ready yet?
JProberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:50 AM   #23
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
We are pushing our spring manufacturer to get them done for us so I hope to have them in the next couple weeks.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 10:15 AM   #24
Kenyata@Enduracool

Drives: 98 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercuryman96 View Post
Between the Nitto's NT05's and the BMR stuff Pumpkin went almost 5 tenth's faster instantly.Add the ARH system for another 3 tenths for 12.35 @ 113 mph (no tune). THX to Joe and crew.
Thats a hell of a differance!!
Kenyata@Enduracool is offline   Reply With Quote