Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 03-05-2012, 08:41 PM   #5041
FLYNNZL1
Wicked ZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 HBM
Send a message via ICQ to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via MSN to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Yahoo to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Skype™ to FLYNNZL1
Here is a link to the website of Hotrods Old Vail, the Restaurant I was talking about in the last meeting:

10500 Old Vail Rd, Tucson, AZ 85747

http://www.hotrodsoldvail.com/index....=53&Itemid=112
2017 Hyper Blue Metallic ZL1 A10/CF Hood Insert/PDR/NAV MODS: Rotofab CAI/V-MAX CNC Ported Throttle Body/Clear Bra/LED Reverse Light/Rock Guards/Lift Pads/Darkened Tail Lights/Ghost-Tinted LED Side Markers/Darkened 3rd Brake Light
FLYNNZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:47 AM   #5042
afhunter

Drives: 2011 Camaro Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodih View Post
Below is the link to the DIY. While you have the door panels off, you may want to extend the door lights up to the dash. Simply remove some felt pads and a little paint once you remove the light tube. I did mine 3 months ago. Just be careful not to break the light tube. I'd be happy to help once you get the parts in. I have a set of the trim removal tools.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41132
i finally got my order yesterday.
afhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:15 AM   #5043
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Drives: it like I stoles it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynnaz View Post
Just a reminder:

Monthly Meeting:
7:00pm to 8:00pm the second Thursday of every month at Watson Chevrolet.

Anyone interested, Jason's Deli at 4545 N Oracle Rd #121 at 6:00pm for dinner.
I may be running late, but I'll try to make it to Jason's. I was told the other day that if we talk to Jason's, they'll block off parking for us in front of the restaurant???

Quote:
Originally Posted by afhunter View Post
i finally got my order yesterday.
Let me know if you'd like some help. It's a busy week for me, but should be able to knock it out in an afternoon.

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Bodih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:49 PM   #5044
afhunter

hey bodih what do you think of these door trim that i found online
http://rpidesigns.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=1874
Old 03-06-2012, 03:59 PM   #5045
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Quote:
$450 for the doors and dash might be a good price. Have you search the forums for other sources and prices. There are several threads from others wanting to change the panels. I see on this site that they say these are not for use with ABL lighting. They may still work, but would have to remove the paint along the lighted edge, just like the OEM pieces. It would ceertainly look awesome with red panels and lights to match your stripes!

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Old 03-06-2012, 04:10 PM   #5046
REIGHARD55

Drives: 2018 Hot Wheels 50th anniversary ed
Quote:
http://www.shopchevyparts.com/camaro...page=2&sort=2a.

These are a little cheaper,but hey don't seem to have all the colors.
REIGHARD55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 04:33 PM   #5047
Big Sis

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE 6M Victory Red
Got two questions...

1.) What make oil filter do you use and do you need a crush washer? I have 9500 miles on my car and at 24% remaining oil life, I think its time for her first oil change.

2.) Does anyone have an extended warranty? If yes, with whom? We've researched GMPP, Costco, and CNA.
Big Sis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 05:11 PM   #5048
Taintedveins
Shark attack!

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodih View Post
$450 for the doors and dash might be a good price. Have you search the forums for other sources and prices. There are several threads from others wanting to change the panels. I see on this site that they say these are not for use with ABL lighting. They may still work, but would have to remove the paint along the lighted edge, just like the OEM pieces. It would ceertainly look awesome with red panels and lights to match your stripes!
I know that they are working on a ABL version, and they have some info on here in the sponsors area.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:52 PM   #5049
REIGHARD55

Drives: 2018 Hot Wheels 50th anniversary ed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sis View Post
Got two questions...

1.) What make oil filter do you use and do you need a crush washer? I have 9500 miles on my car and at 24% remaining oil life, I think its time for her first oil change.

2.) Does anyone have an extended warranty? If yes, with whom? We've researched GMPP, Costco, and CNA.
I have a 7 year 100,000 mile warranty through Mercury Insurance Group.I went trough my Farmers agent.I either paid $1100. or $1300.
REIGHARD55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:58 PM   #5050
afhunter

i was trying to take the door panel off my car tonight and i couldn't figure out how to get to the bolt behind the door handle it was the only thing holding the panel on.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:06 PM   #5051
FLYNNZL1
Wicked ZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 HBM
Send a message via ICQ to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via MSN to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Yahoo to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Skype™ to FLYNNZL1
I got my extended warranty through a GM dealer on this website, he was alot cheaper than O'Really.
2017 Hyper Blue Metallic ZL1 A10/CF Hood Insert/PDR/NAV MODS: Rotofab CAI/V-MAX CNC Ported Throttle Body/Clear Bra/LED Reverse Light/Rock Guards/Lift Pads/Darkened Tail Lights/Ghost-Tinted LED Side Markers/Darkened 3rd Brake Light
FLYNNZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:59 PM   #5052
armysig
Catch me if you can

Drives: 2012 IOM ZL-1
Quote:
i was trying to take the door panel off my car tonight and i couldn't figure out how to get to the bolt behind the door handle it was the only thing holding the panel on.

did you peel back the little rubber mat in the door handle? There is a bolt under that spot.
Attached Images

Old 03-07-2012, 08:32 AM   #5053
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Quote:
The plastic panel behind the door handle pops straight out. Just hook the edge with a blade to pull it out. I used a scribe bent at 90° There's a bolt behind this panel. Be careful with the spring clips at the top of the door panel as you pull it up. The link below is the one I used when extending my door lights;

http://imichaelc.blogspot.com/

Old 03-07-2012, 08:47 AM   #5054
afhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by armysig View Post
did you peel back the little rubber mat in the door handle? There is a bolt under that spot.
yea i got the bolt under that little rubber mat but i didn't want to scratch up that panel behind the door handle if it didn't actually come out.