Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-16-2008, 03:01 PM   #1
dieseldave24v
PowerStroke this Ford boy

Drives: Like Don Garlits "Big Daddy"
On the verge of making a mistake????

All right boys here is the deal.

I want my car and I want it now. Since that isnt a reality I was driving by the pontiac dealertip yesterday nad against my better judgement decided to stop in. I fell in love with the G8 GT. I mean really what a great car. I keep trying to talk myself out of it but I just cant find a reason. I have some pros and cons of both

G8
1. More practical 4 doors big trunk....dont need 4 doors but it could come in handy

2. Great looking car....I have never seen the Camaro before

3. Best fit and finish I have ever seen in a GM car...or aussie car I guess

4. With the red tag sale I can get it LOADED for 30400 Thats a bargain

5. I can have it now

6. I like the idea of building a sleeper

7. With the money I save over the 2SS/RS I ordered I could gfet the STS twin turbo package 540 HP "claimed"

SS/RS

1. Damn I want one

2. I am afraid I will regret buying the G8 when the Camros hit the streets.

3. I have always been in love with Camaros

4. Planning on having a kid in the next two years .....those back seats are not very big...But I do have a crew cab silverado

What do you guys think?????? Give it to me straight Bartender
dieseldave24v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 03:05 PM   #2
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
What do you want the family vehicle to be? The Camaro will be good until your kid has legs that can hit the floor. After that, better plan on using the Crew cab when you need to take the family somewhere. What does your wife think?
Old 11-16-2008, 03:09 PM   #3
dieseldave24v
PowerStroke this Ford boy

Drives: Like Don Garlits "Big Daddy"
She thinks I will regret getting the G8 and wants me to hold out for the camaro.....
dieseldave24v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 03:10 PM   #4
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
wives tend to have better judgment in the long-run.
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 03:10 PM   #5
Redline2k5

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Hyper Blue on the way!
Dude, your girl is right! And you know when you regret it later she'll let you know that!
Redline2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 03:13 PM   #6
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
I'm with Zebra and Redline. Tell your wife that you value her opinion and she's very smart!
Old 11-16-2008, 03:13 PM   #7
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Im not sure about car seats, but if you really want the camaro, it wouldnt be that bad hauling the family around. My family, which i am the youngest, fit fine in my brother's mustang, it may not be the roomiest, but it is still possible and my parents only seem to complain when my brother turns on the subwoofers. Basically for four adults, its really not bad. That saying, you would still have the crew cab, and a killer SS. The G8 is a beautiful car, but there is definitly a great stigma that would surround the camaro when you get it.
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 03:14 PM   #8
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
We've been through this a few times. Both are rewarding cars. They are on the same team. Both are made with the sweat of American companies. Both are made to perform and serve functional lifestyles rather than simply racing. Do you really need a lot of space in the back? If you do, then get the G8 without any guilt. If you feel the need to race, that is a car that can be made to perform just as well as a Camaro.

If your family has another car, I recommend the Camaro 2SS. It has all the classy features that the G8 boasts with a more outstanding interior and that classic Camaro look. You'll save a little money with the Camaro at the expense of having to scoot forward a little to accommodate the person behind you. It might be a slight annoyance to hear the comfort complaints from those behind you, but the family will appreciate that you spent less on the car and that your car is an American classic. Having a classic in your family memory will likely cause them to buy American in their future, and that's just patriotic. :flag2: I recommend the Camaro.

On a side note, you should listen to your wife. I only say that because she agrees with me.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 03:15 PM   #9
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Thats exactly what my girlfriend was saying when i asked, Challenger or Camaro, she said the "Camaro, definitly, i dont like the chally, its ok but the Camaro is better" that is why i think i might marry her.
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 03:16 PM   #10
rayhawk

Drives: Camaro SS
Wait for the Camaro, your kids can have more room than the backseat when they get their own car. Seriously though, the G8 is a great car but it sounds like the Camaro is where your heart is.
Old 11-16-2008, 03:20 PM   #11
xl1200r

Drives: 2006 Cobalt SS/SC
If you can afford it, don't EVER buy something because you talked yourself into it.

I had this same discussion not long ago with someone regarding motorcycles. I get a list of bikes I want - doesn't make a different what kind, who makes them or how much they cost. Then I rank them by on order of which ones tug me the most - which ones speak to me the loudest. Then I go down the list until I hit the first one I can afford.

If you can afford the Camaro, then get it. You already said you think you'll regret the G8 once the Chevys are on the street. That speaks volumes.
xl1200r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 03:25 PM   #12
SS22

Drives: 2010 Blue Camaro RS
As long as you stick with GM !
SS22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 03:34 PM   #13
NAHURRY
Love's to Detail

Drives: 2010 SS,97silverado/08crewcab
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS22 View Post
As long as you stick with GM !
NAHURRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 03:40 PM   #14
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
I think you have to at least wait until you see a Camaro live. You owe it to yourself. If you don't like it then, you can always buy the G8 at that time. It's only a few months to wait and you can save up some money in the mean time.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote