Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 03-29-2013, 01:43 AM   #29
ghostrider77

Drives: 2013 Black Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
I had this same problem but didn't notice it until after a week of owning the car. It looked as if someone took three fingers and ran them diagonally across one corner of the hood.

I was still pissed at the swirls put into the car when the dealership performed their awesome pre-purchase detail job, that I took care of it myself by using the rubbing alcohol method, and it worked like a charm.
ghostrider77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:37 AM   #30
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
So far I've been having luck with a Meguiars quick detailer and some old Meguiars tech protectant. I'm planning on making an order for a bunch of Adams products though.

Sent from my friggin Droid by two thumbs using Tapatalk 2 or whatever the ish it's called....
Old 04-21-2013, 09:39 AM   #31
tbirdsleeve
CMSgt, USAF

Drives: 2018 Nissan Maxima SR Midnight Edit
UPDATE--none of the products I have tried--rubbing alcohol/Turtle Wax Ice/Adams have worked--cannot stand having brand new dream car with word "MINE" written on vinyl hood--in the absence of any other options--dealer has agreed to replace--anyone had this done yet--did you go with aftermarket vinyl or GM replacement--I am worried job won't come out as nice as factory but I gotta get rid of the hideous writing on my hood--advice/experiences greatly appreciated!!!
tbirdsleeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:57 AM   #32
joeybsyc

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbirdsleeve View Post
UPDATE--none of the products I have tried--rubbing alcohol/Turtle Wax Ice/Adams have worked--cannot stand having brand new dream car with word "MINE" written on vinyl hood--in the absence of any other options--dealer has agreed to replace--anyone had this done yet--did you go with aftermarket vinyl or GM replacement--I am worried job won't come out as nice as factory but I gotta get rid of the hideous writing on my hood--advice/experiences greatly appreciated!!!

I'd be worried too... that sucks man. I know I'd never want a dealer installed hood wrap over a factory one, but i guess you don't have much choice if you can't get the writing off. I'd make sure they have someone who knows what they're doing, as a full hood wrap isn't a job for an average dealership hack.
Old 04-21-2013, 12:18 PM   #33
Southern Comfort
No Tags/Habitual Violator

Drives: 2012 SIM 2SS/RS & z71
Worry? Somewhat maybe, but a competent Chevy service dept should be able to get it done right. I doubt GM has a proprietary wrap for this - looks like a big piece of decal to me. Even factory wrap has less than perfect cuts under the hood.
If they have more 1LEs on the lot, compare their work to it. It should be very close in finish or just dont accept it.
Southern Comfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:22 PM   #34
CamaroTom

Drives: 1/70 2013 BRM 2SS RS 1LE NPP NAV
Man this sounds like a lot of work for a piece of vinyl. I'm glad my dealer took mine off before I found my car. Just wax the hood like I do the rest of the car. You also have to think about the paint on the hood not matching in a year or two due to being covered up.
Old 04-21-2013, 03:05 PM   #35
Midnight Rat

Drives: SS 1LE
Take the wrap off yourself, and if you don't like the way it looks have them put a new one on.
Midnight Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:27 PM   #36
2Muchmark

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
Send a message via ICQ to 2Muchmark Send a message via MSN to 2Muchmark Send a message via Skype™ to 2Muchmark
This is not the first problem I've heard about the wraps. When I receive my 1LE the first thing I will do is ask the dealer to remove it.

I don't like the look but understand that some 1le owners do. That being said I don't understand why GM just don't paint the hoods black instead of wrap it.
2Muchmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:35 PM   #37
S3XPanther
by Odeon

Drives: '12 SS/RS A6 IOM SOLD, '13 1LE IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Muchmark View Post
This is not the first problem I've heard about the wraps. When I receive my 1LE the first thing I will do is ask the dealer to remove it.

I don't like the look but understand that some 1le owners do. That being said I don't understand why GM just don't paint the hoods black instead of wrap it.
To give people options

Plus, it's a hell of a lot easier to paint the whole car one color...

"Some say it's a waste of time, others say it's an incredible waste of time."

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

2013 IOM SS/RS - 1LE. Born 5/6/2013 (1 of 32 1SS IOM 1LE's)
S3XPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:43 PM   #38
Mojave
San Diego Head Tuners

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS ,NPP,MagRide, A8
http://www.chemicalguys.com/Chemical...spi_995_16.htm

Matte Detailer
https://www.youtube.com/c/MojaveKY
https://www.instagram.com/mojaveky/
https://twitter.com/MojaveKY
http://dinowax.refr.cc/bryanm 15% off DinoWax orders
Mojave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:16 PM   #39
LRJet35

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
I've noticed on mine that any kind of oily fingerprint is very hard to get out. The best method I've found is to take a microfiber cloth soaked with with warm water and gently scrub the area. Then take a dry microfiber cloth and immediately dry it. If you repeat this a few times it has taken any blemishes off mine. Hopefully it's just oil from the clown who did it. Does it look darker then the rest of the wrap or does it look like the material is scratched from rubbing the dirt in?
LRJet35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:36 PM   #40
Mgizzle

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Muchmark View Post

The purpose of flat black hoods is to prevent glare at the track, some old race tricks. In this case it also helps distinguish the car and looks cool.
Old 04-21-2013, 06:53 PM   #41
NinoSS

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEMayhem View Post
Man this sounds like a lot of work for a piece of vinyl. I'm glad my dealer took mine off before I found my car. Just wax the hood like I do the rest of the car. You also have to think about the paint on the hood not matching in a year or two due to being covered up.

Just remove it!!! The car looks better without it...
Old 04-21-2013, 07:44 PM   #42
fgg60
Sweet Annie!! BRM

Drives: '13 2SS/RS 1LE BRM NPP CF5
I also have a problem with my hood wrap. When it was in for a scuff mark on the roof being fixed , it came back with a wavy line down the passenger side of the hood (looks like an extension cord from a buffer might have been dragged up the hood) and it doesn't come off!! Dealer was great about it and has ordered a replacement wrap for it. I should find out tomorrow if it has arrived yet. once here, it will be installed by a local shop that specializes in car graphics. I'll post a reply once it's done. Although I thought I would peel the wrap when I got my car, The matte black has really grown on me and I would like to keep it if I can. If it doesn't come out perfect, I can always still peel it off later!