Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 10-25-2011, 08:46 PM   #1
kpwalls06
Cory

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6;
Suspension and Brakes Done!!! (Almost)

So I've already done an engine upgrade to a 418ci stroker, and to help handle the new power through corners I figured it's time for some supension. I got ahold of Chase at Apex Speed, gave him my parts list, and in true Apex fashion, my parts were on the way instantly! List as follows:

Pfadt Sport Sways
Pfadt Endlinks
BMR Driveshaft Safety Loop
Hotchkis Chassis Max Brace
Hurst Roll Control
Stainless Steel Brake Lines
Powdercoated Calipers (Thanks to Mike the Powdercoater on this one)

Pictures Below:
1) All parts together, plus an RX Catchcan, and minus the Chassis Brace. Also, a pong paddle and a beer coozie.
2) and 3) Sway comparison to the OEM.
4) My swaybar bushing removal tool, allows for removal through the engine bay so I spend a little less time on my back.
5) Endlink comparison to OEM.
6) Chassis Brace mocked in the driveway.
7) The beautiful red calipers from Mike. (Ignore the smudges, I couldn't help picking 'em up when they came in.)
Attached Images

Last edited by kpwalls06; 10-26-2011 at 09:29 AM.
kpwalls06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 09:05 PM   #2
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
looking good
Old 10-25-2011, 09:07 PM   #3
kpwalls06
Cory

So it's taken me a few days with other things going on to get all the work done, and get her shoes on and back on the ground. I spent the last two days driving driving her around and getting a feel for the way she works now.

First, let me give a big shout out and thanks to Chase at Apex! The price for everything was awesome, and the shipping was as fast as everyone always says! The stainless lines didn't arrive with everything else, a quick PM to Chase, and even quicker response with the tracking number. Just awesome customer service.

So.....time for the report. Installed the sways, endlinks and chassis brace all at once, no time for stages here. Everything got torqued down, and I set the rear sway to the stiffest setting to see how I would like it. I love love love it!!! The body roll is so much less than it was stock, I'm still relearning throttle through corners at different speeds. She's so much more responsive and predictable, it makes getting into and controlling powerslides damn near automatic. I'm in love with the way it feels now!! I'm trying to figure out how soon I can get my Pfadt coilovers on there and get her sitting a little lower to see how much better that makes it.

As for the stainless brake lines and powdercoated calipers, I'm not sure if the lines have done anything for her, since I haven't had to test them too much yet, but damn they look good!! And the calipers, behind my black wheels, are unbeatable in my opinion. Mike did a great job, and the turnaround time was so fast, I almost missed the return shipping! I'll try and upload some pics once I get her all cleaned up, she's busy getting her workout now! Feel free to post questions, comments, concerns, I look forward to the feedback.
Old 10-25-2011, 11:26 PM   #4
JDP Motorsports

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/ 2016 Camaro SS
Nice! Those are great components! I would suggest doing Sub-Frame mounts, rear upper c-arm bushings and as you stated coilovers! Very nice start!

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
JDP Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:28 AM   #5
kpwalls06
Cory

You're reading my mind Jordan. I have sub-frame mounts and full bushings all the way around planned for the same time my 9" rear and new fuel system go in! Just gotta put the money together now....
Old 10-26-2011, 10:51 AM   #6
JDP Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpwalls06 View Post
You're reading my mind Jordan. I have sub-frame mounts and full bushings all the way around planned for the same time my 9" rear and new fuel system go in! Just gotta put the money together now....
Nice!!! You're on your way to an awesome build!!

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
Old 10-27-2011, 12:07 PM   #7
Hotchkis

Drives: 1st through 5th gen Camaros
Cory – Nice build thread! Thanks for considering using our Chassis Max Brace for your Camaro build. We look forward to some installation photos and some after shots.
Hotchkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 04:09 PM   #8
kpwalls06
Cory

I'll try to get some after shots, but as you can tell by my absence of posts, I've been a bit busy driving the hell out of it!!
Old 11-09-2011, 04:12 PM   #9
JDP Motorsports

Quote:
I'll try to get some after shots, but as you can tell by my absence of posts, I've been a bit busy driving the hell out of it!!
Old 11-09-2011, 04:12 PM   #10
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Keep up the good work! I'm sure the car is a whole lot more fun now than it was before!
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 07:13 PM   #11
kpwalls06
Cory

Quote:
Originally Posted by PfadtRacing View Post
Keep up the good work! I'm sure the car is a whole lot more fun now than it was before!
Normally I'd say, "You have no idea." But seeing as you guys designed the sways bars, I'm sure you have at least a semblance of an idea. It's ridiculous how much more stable she is in the corners; and in turn, easier to control with and without sliding. I wanna say my new rear end, fuel system, and turbos are coming soon, but I'm thinking I might need new tires before then! Possibly more than once....
Old 11-10-2011, 07:58 AM   #12
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
I got ahold of Chase at Apex Speed, gave him my parts list, and in true Apex fashion, my parts were on the way instantly!
Quote:

First, let me give a big shout out and thanks to Chase at Apex! The price for everything was awesome, and the shipping was as fast as everyone always says! The stainless lines didn't arrive with everything else, a quick PM to Chase, and even quicker response with the tracking number. Just awesome customer service.
Thank you for your business and the feedback. We sincerely appreciate both.

Quote:
I am glad to hear you are happy with this round of upgrades. Have a ball!!!
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 08:22 AM   #13
cowboy1948

Drives: 10 LT2/RS-08 SILVERADO-05 COBALT
Talking

Retired
cowboy1948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 10:17 AM   #14
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Quote:
Normally I'd say, "You have no idea." But seeing as you guys designed the sways bars, I'm sure you have at least a semblance of an idea. It's ridiculous how much more stable she is in the corners; and in turn, easier to control with and without sliding. I wanna say my new rear end, fuel system, and turbos are coming soon, but I'm thinking I might need new tires before then! Possibly more than once....

Thats what we are here for! Glad you immediately felt the results of your upgrades, as intended. Post some exterior pics!
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote