Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 02-18-2012, 06:37 PM   #43
DraggnFrameGMC

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green Camaro LT
I say use Audison/hertz but step it up and go with the higher lne of speakers. 1 set of the Mille 3 ways, and 2 sets of the mille 2 ways and custom door panel pods, custom kick pods and custom back deck to house all the components and then build a trick custom sub box and amp rack like indpowr suggested.
DraggnFrameGMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 07:54 PM   #44
Hendrix-Engineering
Account Suspended

Drives: First 9 inch-12 bolt IRS Camaro
My intent is not to insult you but if you have the ability to properly install $10,000 worth of stereo this would not be a question you would ask.The greatest equipment will sound so so if it is not properly installed and will be a waste of your money.I would like to add ill be glad to talk to you on the phone and help you anyway i can,its not teribly hard but there are some guidlines to follow.Give Hybrid audio a look as well as criticalmass on our website and if i can help you give me a call anytime.
Hendrix-Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 10:20 PM   #45
Peter

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I would look into doing Focal or JL Audio

#280 MASTER MECP Certified
MECP - Sales, Basic and Advance Certified
ASE - 6 electrical certified
10+ years car audio installation, sales and manager
Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:27 AM   #46
Kevinshawnm
Biggz

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS L99 Rally Yellow
Peter can you post more pictures of your car?
Kevinshawnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:27 AM   #47
=Stephens=

Drives: 2011 LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sameershah23 View Post
Everyone,
I have a budged of about $10k, And I am not a bigg audiophile. Can you experts tell/recommend me the best thing that kind of money can buy. I would be against the idea of replacing my Head unit cuz I am planning to use my iPad 3 (Launches on Mar 7th) for playing all kinds of music.

Please recommend me the ALL the parts I need, I plan to install these my selves so even labor is not included for that budget.

I really appreciate your help.

I know much about RF and JL Audio, but has anyone tested both of them out? From what I have read, this is what I understand. RF is over rated and JL Audio is over priced. IS that really true?

With only 17 posts and no photos of your car? I think this is a troll.
=Stephens= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:31 AM   #48
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
You really want to spend $10k and NOT upgrade your head unit? I'm with AustinJames on this one. Spend 2k. NOT upgrading your head unit is the single biggest mistake you can make... audiophile or not.
kalimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 04:43 PM   #49
Zach@ExtremePerformance

Drives: not a Camaro :(
Not all shops will rape you if you walk in and say you want to spend $10k. Especially those that want to earn waaaay more money from you - over a span of years.

And an HD900/5 will run a 12W7 just fine. It won't push it as loud as it goes, but at 38.73 volts, I would be hard pressed to tell a difference between that and their HD1200/1.

Keeping the stock headunit CAN still deliver quite good sound, especially with a good integration processor, look at Todd Crowder's (TCA) Camaro, for instance! And if you are using the iPad as your primary source, you can feed it directly into a processor and then the stock headunit has no affect on the sound at all when the iPad is in play.

As far as what you should do....THAT is a question that would be hard to get a proper answer to in a non face-to-face situation. If you're willing to spend that much, enjoy the drive down our facility, and we can do something for you. We have done some iPads and can make it look nice. And I have to agree with Hendrix Engineering entirely that a proper install will make or break the overall results. Consider seriously if you want to do this. Not saying you can't, or even shouldn't, but how much value you reap on your $ spent will be greatly affected by product choice, installation, and tuning. Taking that further, the WRONG "great gear" won't give you the results you are wanting versus a different mix of similar (or even lesser) gear chosen with more care towards delivering you those specific goals. Which is part of why I say it's always better, especially at that price, to design a system in person, with the people who will be actually DOING the work. Even if you do do it all, spend some time with a shop who routinely does work of this caliber, so that they can design and provide the right solution, and help you with the tuning when its complete.
Zach@ExtremePerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:01 AM   #50
Double D Mods

Drives: 2012 Grand Sport Convertible Vette
Hybrid Audio

We an authorized source to put together packages for you on this forum

The Owner Scott Buwalda has asked us to handle all your Hybrid needs for you guys.
You can check out more info on Hybrid here
http://www.hybrid-audio.com/

We are putting complete install packages together now for everyone to include Hybrid
You will be able to find these in our Rock in the Box packages this coming week on our website.

For more info on Hybrid, Arc, Focal, ect just give me a call.

Dennis

Last edited by Double D Mods; 02-26-2012 at 02:28 PM.
Double D Mods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 07:44 AM   #51
RedShifted

Drives: 2012 RS/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinjames View Post
spend 8K on turbochargers, and 2k on audio. Thats what i would do. 2k is plenty for audio
HAHAHAHA This guy gets it
RedShifted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:51 AM   #52
Amarr014
BAD BEE

Drives: very fast!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShifted View Post
HAHAHAHA This guy gets it
ya DO THIS!!! or go buy a big ole SUV and put 100 subs in it..... 10k on audio...puhhhhlease im gonna throw up
2011 V6 LS M6 | straight piped | HIDs | Injen CAI| 75 Shot NX nitrous|Trifecta Tune|RX ported TB,IM and matched heads, Isolator| RX Catch Can | AAC Red Halos | AAC Red interior lighting | Red bowties | 15% tint | Tinted Tails | SS wheels and tires | SS tips| Cat delete| Arc audio 10's| ******** box|Scosche&kenwood|
Amarr014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:55 AM   #53
JoshBobGuptaMarley
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: '12 2SS/RS LS3 GBA
Diamond audio and digital design subs.

Tags
$10k, audio, best system