Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 06-01-2009, 07:15 PM   #43
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Racing on a bridge, yeah that's crazy, but it was COOL!!! I'd watch!!! Boy, didn't see too much traffic. That must really be in the boonies!
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 07:57 PM   #44
VulcanGodof Fire

Drives: '10 Camaro SS
As for the GT500 vs SS Camaro we now have the rival Camaro for it.

Camaro V6 coupe -Mustang V6 coupe
Camaro SS -Mustang GT
Camaro Hennessey550-Mustang GT500

And Notice I put no = signs because Mustangs do not equal to the power of the Camaro. Never have and never will.
VulcanGodof Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:25 PM   #45
qbert48

Drives: 2SS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex33x View Post
Really? a modded GT500 can eat up a camaro really easy, just with a 400 bucks pulley and a tune you can make a GT500 a 650hp monster, theres also the terminator which you can get to 500hp with just 1200 bucks.

So I dont see where you're coming from, look at me for example I paid 28k for my car stock invested around 13k in it and turned it into a beast, I could eat up a Camaro right now, hell I can even keep up with a ZO6.

Im getting a camaro this time around more for looks cause I like how it looks, but you cant understimate what ford or other car makers have. Just because you dont like a brand it doesnt make it slow.
i read it all did'nt see any brand bashin
so WTF a 60 k car whips a 40k car i figured it should
give the camaro mods and its see ya city

welcome home
1100 4-27-09
6000 6-27-09

yes i got to the dance late don't hate me
qbert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:44 PM   #46
Ninjak
Banned

Drives: 08 GT Mustang | 65 GT Notchbac
So ok. GT. I paid 26k for mines. I have it looking the way I want, (unique) and I have good power (F/I~Exhaust) for the street, safe tune without worrying about blowing my engine. I have full suspension, and I have not even touched my gears.

I have run 11.92@117 on DR's and I drive to and from the track, 45min away. I have won 2 car show's and place second for best of show numerous times. I would not trade my 08 even for a 2010 GT500. Even with these things my GT total cost is well under 40k, by a long shot.

I fear no Camaro. I win I win, I lose I lose.
Run what ya brung and hope you brung enough.
Ninjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:47 PM   #47
qbert48

Drives: 2SS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
So ok. GT. I paid 26k for mines. I have it looking the way I want, (unique) and I have good power (F/I~Exhaust) for the street, safe tune without worrying about blowing my engine. I have full suspension, and I have not even touched my gears.

I have run 11.92@117 on DR's and I drive to and from the track, 45min away. I have won 2 car show's and place second for best of show numerous times. I would not trade my 08 even for a 2010 GT500. Even with these things my GT total cost is well under 40k, by a long shot.

I fear no Camaro. I win I win, I lose I lose.
Run what ya brung and hope you brung enough.
granted but its not stock that race is done and ponys lose by the way see my ride i don't hate on ford cept mine

welcome home
1100 4-27-09
6000 6-27-09

yes i got to the dance late don't hate me
qbert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:08 PM   #48
2011RS/SS

Drives: 2016 corvette Z06
If they could drive, they would be dangerous. the new SS would have really drugged the older cars if he didn't spend out of the hole so much..

Cool vidoes nevertheless
2011RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:53 PM   #49
pharmd
Master of Medicine

Drives: 4th Gen
This is just a perfect example of what can happen on the street. This was essentially an 1/8 mile race...You SHOULDN'T see some huge win on street tires, on the street between these two cars. Had the race been at a track on DR, the difference would have been a little more, but still not huge...Power is what wins the top end, and if racing a full 1/4 or roll racing 80+ this would have gotten ugly.

Just picked up my new C/D...
2010 mustang 0-60 4.9 but 0-140 34.2 seconds
2010 Camaro 0-60 4.8 but 0-140 22.3 seconds

You see what I'm saying...you shouldn't see a huge gap down low where the race is more about traction and launch technique than about power...but up top its all about power, and even though the SS is a pig, its got enough power to trounce the underpowered stang...This would be a similar outcome in the SS vs GT500 race, although, the SS would get the short end of the stick in that one...
Old 06-01-2009, 10:16 PM   #50
Camarino
DrIvE iT LiKe Ya STOLE It

Drives: 2005 Mustang, '68 Camaro Z28
great races
camaro held it's own all the way
kinda of expected the GT500 to win though
the GT500's turbo kicked in at 4:02
Old 06-01-2009, 10:32 PM   #51
Hemlawk
AwesomeBillDawesonville

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS =)
Wow!

Great cars! That GT 500 is nasty. The SS didn't do bad in all those races.

Order placed on 1/13/11 - Purchased 2/22/11 2SS/RS CGM
Hemlawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 11:18 PM   #52
catmaster1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
SWEET! Drop a supercharger on that LS3 and then have a re-match and see who the victor is. Compare apples to apples. That stock, not broken in Camaro did a damn fine job, especially on the first half of the track. Nicely done!
catmaster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 11:39 PM   #53
Ninjak
Banned

Drives: 08 GT Mustang | 65 GT Notchbac
Quote:
Originally Posted by catmaster1 View Post
SWEET! Drop a supercharger on that LS3 and then have a re-match and see who the victor is. Compare apples to apples. That stock, not broken in Camaro did a damn fine job, especially on the first half of the track. Nicely done!
I think it would still loose. If you look at the video comments, the GT500 is on street tires. It also seems to have a KB. Which means it is easily putting down 600+ or more @ the wheels.

DR's and a track, and the the GT500 destroys even a S/C camaro. But that is how it should be considering the gap in the cars.

Edit: Hmm reading it now, that GT500 has 700+ @ the Wheels.
Ninjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 11:52 PM   #54
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroTransAmFAM View Post
i HATE fords i HATE the ford mistake(mustang) they all are slow they alwayz have been slow and ugly i will never buy a ford,honda or toyota to get a ford mistake that supposed 2 be fast you have to spend $50,000(gt 500) or more regular people dont have that type of money you can get a 2010 Chevy Camaro SS for a cheaper price and drag ford mistakes thru the dirt all day & night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Someone really loves GM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0ore4ustin391 View Post
Agreed, but please realize that ford made one particularly fast production car which was the 03-04 cobras (aka: terminators) and if your not careful they will bite you in the ass... HARD! I don't really HATE any American muscle cars just hate tuners and ricers (and yes i know some "imports/tuners" whatever u call them have some cars that will also bite you in the ass if your not careful but there just annoying and dont have that "grunt" that the American cars have)

That beings said, the 2010 camaro is the CAR of the year for sure!!! Cant wait to get mine

Lol, i only said that because that's how it looked in the video (i mean it wasn't a finish line angle so i just gave it my best guess) And stock for stock i bet it would only be a few cars behind for sure.
I would be careful to judge. Remember that the Cobalt SS doesn't quite have that grunt, but some of the modified Cobalts will run with new Camaros. Anyone who wants to race you might just have what it takes to make a fool of you. Be careful who you race, and always finish with class. The only excuses for losing are that your car just isn't the better car or that you are a worse driver.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 12:19 AM   #55
Z/28orSs

Drives: 2000 ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabo View Post
Yeah, but then he revved the piss out of the GT in the higher gears and put the car into it's sweet spot. Camaro looks to have some MAD low end power.. now to clean up that top end..
maybe the N/a 4.6 can do that first....
Old 06-02-2009, 12:32 AM   #56
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
This idea that more and more horsepower is going to make you faster in a drag race has a slight issue. It can make you faster IF you have everything else that can handle the power PLUS a driver who knows how to use it. But that last part becomes more and more critical the more power you add. It starts to get harder and harder to control the traction once you cross a certain threshold of power so the notion that the average street driver is going to just rock the house with 700 hp? Ain't gonna happen unless they get some serious training and/or track experience at controlling that kind of power.

I can't tell you how many times I've seen rich guys buy Ferrari or Porsches with all kinds of power and go out and make fools of themselves on the track thinking they're going to be fast just because their car has a lot of power and performance. Too many guys with more money and ego than skill.

Having said all that, I think this new Camaro may just turn out to be the best muscle car ever designed and built by anybody...ever. It's got that "feel" to it that I haven't seen in an American car in a long long time. In fact this will be the first American car I've bought in 20 years.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote