Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 11-21-2014, 06:26 PM   #1
camarossdusk
whippled 5th gen

Drives: 2013 camaro ss
bmr springs or coilovers with lower control arms

trying to decide which route to go with lowering the car, with the coil overs I know I will be able to adjust it more, was told the dampening adjustment help when I'm drag racing the car because can go softer in the rear. This primarily a street car with occasional drag racing, not building it for road racing. this will complete suspension, also looking getting rear and front sway bars, will the front sway bars help with under steer, don't understand difference in the rear sway bar, between the bmr drag bar and the street able version, since they both have three way adjustments.
camarossdusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 07:06 PM   #2
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Contrary to that you've been told; squat is BAD in a IRS car, as you'll gain camber and to will go out of alignment. Ideally you'll want to stiffen up the rear, so coilovers would get my vote. Specifically something adjustable in rebound and compression if you have the coin. The RideTech TQ series is an awesome option.

As for sway bars; it's all about balance. If you're looking to get rid of the understeer, you go with a larger rear bar, however; both sway bars should be upgraded at the same time as the OEM bars are quite soft all around. BMR and most other suspension manufactures recognize this and if you're buying a package, the rates should already be tuned just about where you wan them. If not, you have the adjustments to go softer/stiffer on both the front and rear bars.

Let me know if I can answer any questions for you.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 07:57 PM   #3
camarossdusk
whippled 5th gen

thanks and was also concerned since I run a 315/35 NTO5r drag radial and it fills up the rear wheel well a lot more if the adjustability of coilovers allow me not to drop the car to much in the rear.
Old 11-24-2014, 01:03 AM   #4
camarossdusk
whippled 5th gen

what do you think of the hq ride tech series, looks like it might fit my needs better
Old 11-24-2014, 10:56 AM   #5
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Coilovers are definitely the way to go....as long as they're within your budget! Springs are a good alternative to lower the car if your budget is restricted, and you don't need the adjustability. But truth be told, a quality coilover system will out-perform springs any day of the week from a performance standpoint.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 01:34 PM   #6
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarossdusk View Post
what do you think of the hq ride tech series, looks like it might fit my needs better
The HQ setup is great, but the TQ setup would be better for drag racing as you have the damping adjustability for high and low speed rebound as well as compression and height, where the HQ are rebound and height adjustable only. Overall, both options will help you, but the TQ would be the best overall setup.

Feel free to call, PM or email me anytime with questions.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 10:28 AM   #7
suzbndt

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 2011 Mustang GT
I run koni orange and bmr 1"
suzbndt is offline   Reply With Quote