Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 02-15-2013, 09:01 PM   #57
z28-conv

Drives: '97 z-28 conv. 2013 BRM ZL1 conv.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whos_Drivin View Post
On my way home from the dealership I was driving down the freeway when a couple of teenagers came flying up and pulled along side me. The driver was so busy staring at the car he drifted over into my lane. He followed me until I exited, apologized, and told me how much he liked the car.

One weekend I took the ZL1 to a Gophers football game. Drove down fraternity row with all the college kids tailgating. Every stop light I had people yelling at me to rev the engine. I love driving down that street!

My favorite was when I took my brother for his first ride. We were driving through a part of town that is known to have cops everywhere. Came around a corner (going the exact speed limit) and sure enough there was a cop handing someone a ticket. He was walking back to his car and was staring us down as we were approaching. I'm thinking...oh sh*t, less than a week and I'm already getting a ticket for no front plate. As I go by he's opening up his car door, and I'm slowing down waiting for him to signal me to pull over. He gives me a thumbs-up and stands there with his door open watching the car as we drove by...slowly...

Cool Stories!
z28-conv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:16 PM   #58
z28-conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiner98 View Post
Today, on the freeway while driving home from work I'm already doing 78mph and a big ass F250 races up behind me and pulls up along my driver side to check out my ZL1, shortly after a camaro RS also pulls up behind me to take a closer look, I had passed up the RS earlier.

THEN the F250 realizes he's about to miss his Exit and suddenly drops behind me, hard swerves over to the right, and nearly takes out the RS that had pulled up behind me. They were both so distracted the F250 nearly rolled over the RS like Big Foot smashing a voltswagon bug. They swerved out of each others way nearly taking each other out !

Was awesome !

I would hope nobody gets into an accident or gets hurt from a ZL1 sighting...
Old 02-15-2013, 09:20 PM   #59
knowitman
Camaro fan since birth

Drives: 2013 ZL1
I had a sheriff deputy pull up behind me before I was even able to leave the dealership lot. He walked up to me while I was doing the OnStar activation and acted like he was going to hand me a ticket and said, "Let's just go ahead and get this over with." I saw him again a few days later where he waved me over in a parking lot. He asked how many tickets I had, and I replied, "None yet because nobody can catch me." He just laughed and drove off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
knowitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:39 PM   #60
shiner98

Drives: 13 AshGray M6 ZL1 w/Nav/ECF/Sunroof
Quote:
Originally Posted by z28-conv View Post
I would hope nobody gets into an accident or gets hurt from a ZL1 sighting...
Yup, good call... no one got hurt and all parties went home with a great story to tell. was no ones fault
shiner98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:26 AM   #61
Flavorwrench

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 67 RS-SS TwinTurbo
On a drive back to the Dealership right after getting the car, the police were interviewing a babbling transient at the main entrance of the lot. By the time I found my way through another entrance and crept between cars through the lot, I spotted the salesman who sold me my car. As we BS'd through the passanger window, up rolls the police car. The cop rolls down this window and asked "Is that the new ZL1?" The salesman replied, "Yeah our first one!" then goes on to say to the cop "You going to have a tough time catching this one." Right as I sunk down lower into the seat thinking to myself, not a good thing to say, the cop yells over to me... "WANNA TRADE!?!?"
Flavorwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:55 AM   #62
chiefchump

Drives: 2013 Inferno Orange ZL1
Beat a GTR 70 to 120!
chiefchump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:59 AM   #63
Faster12

Drives: 2012 Black ZL1 #1158
A few months ago I was sitting at Sonic with my wife in the passenger seat. I had placed our order and while we were waiting, one of the waitresses rolled up and said "Oh my God. You have the sexiest car I have ever seen." Before responding, I turned to my wife and shockingly she replied, "Yes he does." I just knew she was going for the gun under the seat to blow this girl away! I told my wife that was the sexiest thing she had ever done. lol
Faster12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:43 AM   #64
z28-conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavorwrench View Post
On a drive back to the Dealership right after getting the car, the police were interviewing a babbling transient at the main entrance of the lot. By the time I found my way through another entrance and crept between cars through the lot, I spotted the salesman who sold me my car. As we BS'd through the passanger window, up rolls the police car. The cop rolls down this window and asked "Is that the new ZL1?" The salesman replied, "Yeah our first one!" then goes on to say to the cop "You going to have a tough time catching this one." Right as I sunk down lower into the seat thinking to myself, not a good thing to say, the cop yells over to me... "WANNA TRADE!?!?"

Niceee!
Old 02-17-2013, 11:46 AM   #65
z28-conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faster12 View Post
A few months ago I was sitting at Sonic with my wife in the passenger seat. I had placed our order and while we were waiting, one of the waitresses rolled up and said "Oh my God. You have the sexiest car I have ever seen." Before responding, I turned to my wife and shockingly she replied, "Yes he does." I just knew she was going for the gun under the seat to blow this girl away! I told my wife that was the sexiest thing she had ever done. lol

That was one of the sexiest stories I have heard!!
Old 02-17-2013, 11:47 AM   #66
z28-conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefchump View Post
Beat a GTR 70 to 120!

Old 02-18-2013, 08:49 AM   #67
toyosuprablue
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefchump View Post
Beat a GTR 70 to 120!
Stock? Manual?
toyosuprablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:21 PM   #68
shiner98

Drives: 13 AshGray M6 ZL1 w/Nav/ECF/Sunroof
Got another one:

My co-worker owns a Nissan GTR. One day after leaving work he left the office just before I did, and by chance I came up behind him at the freeway on-ramp, he was still a good 4-5 car lengths ahead of me, BUT once he spotted me in his rear view mirror he Gunned It ! He never gave me a chance to pull along side.

And of course, I had to give chase...

About a quarter mile or so down the freeway bypass I passed him on a banked right curve on the outside lane like the scene from 'Days of Thunder' and took the lead, crossed lanes in front of him, then took my Exit.

He's never ever spoken of that night since...
shiner98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:33 AM   #69
Flavorwrench

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 67 RS-SS TwinTurbo
My cousin from out of town was visiting the other day and has never heard of a ZL1. I asked him if he wanted to go for a ride and he hesitantly said "Yeah sure??" About the halfway point of our ride I floored it from a roll in 2nd gear and ole cousin "Nancy" started freaking as slammed 3rd gear. As the ZL1 slowed to a legal speed, out of his mouth comes "I hope this thing has heated seats, if not, I might have just shit my pants!" -CLASSIC
Flavorwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:43 AM   #70
1968SS/RS

Drives: 1968 SS/RS 396 and 2013 ZL-1
I was driving home thru my subdivision doing about 20mph (well within posted limit) and as I passed this elderly woman walking her dog she was yelling at me to slow down lol, I guess the exhaust note made it sound like i was going faster than I was
1968SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote