Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 09-13-2012, 05:23 PM   #15
z28-conv

Drives: '97 z-28 conv. 2013 BRM ZL1 conv.
Yeah I also agree Zee-Ell-One. We need some picks!
z28-conv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:46 PM   #16
z28-conv

New Stories?

I started this thread I guess in Sept. I would like to know if any of you ZL1 owners have any unique stories similar to the other replies. I have not taking mine out much because of the winter weather. But Im sure I will have a cool story or two by the end of the year.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:09 PM   #17
FAIRNOT LZ1
It's in black & white

Drives: 2012 ZL1 Summit White #1366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee-Ell-One View Post
Took it to my first car show. The hottest blond chick in tight black shorts and a tube top comes walking up to the car with her dude in tow. She gawks down my car something fierce. Finally she asks me is this your car? Her dude standing there with his arms crossed and his tail between his legs says cumon lets go! She says you go ahead I'm guna ask some questions. He stormed off. I asked her, why is your dude in such a hurry? She said thats my brother!....She's now my girlfriend.....

NICE!!!

FAIRNOT LZ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:17 PM   #18
silverds
2015 SS 6M

Drives: 2015 SS 6M
The other day while driving through my neighborhood past the playground a 9 or 10 year old kid starts running after me on the other side of the fence and waving frantically. At first I was caught by surprise, then I was afraid something was wrong. I stopped the car and rolled my window down and asked if everything was alright. He apologized and said he just wanted to tell me he loves my car and runs out to see me drive by when he hears me driving by his house. I said thank you and went on my way. I had never seen him before. A couple days after I was driving home through my neighborhood and just happened to look in my rear view and this same kid and his friend run out of the house and seemed to jump and cheer. I wonder how many times he had done it before but at least now now I know where to look. Now I make sure I rev a little more and engine brake by his house. I haven't seen him run out since then but if he's in there, I know he's smiling.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:21 PM   #19
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
Quote:
Took it to my first car show. The hottest blond chick in tight black shorts and a tube top comes walking up to the car with her dude in tow. She gawks down my car something fierce. Finally she asks me is this your car? Her dude standing there with his arms crossed and his tail between his legs says cumon lets go! She says you go ahead I'm guna ask some questions. He stormed off. I asked her, why is your dude in such a hurry? She said thats my brother!....She's now my girlfriend.....
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:33 PM   #20
z28-conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverds View Post
The other day while driving through my neighborhood past the playground a 9 or 10 year old kid starts running after me on the other side of the fence and waving frantically. At first I was caught by surprise, then I was afraid something was wrong. I stopped the car and rolled my window down and asked if everything was alright. He apologized and said he just wanted to tell me he loves my car and runs out to see me drive by when he hears me driving by his house. I said thank you and went on my way. I had never seen him before. A couple days after I was driving home through my neighborhood and just happened to look in my rear view and this same kid and his friend run out of the house and seemed to jump and cheer. I wonder how many times he had done it before but at least now now I know where to look. Now I make sure I rev a little more and engine brake by his house. I haven't seen him run out since then but if he's in there, I know he's smiling.

Nice!!!
Old 02-12-2013, 07:02 PM   #21
Dave K

Drives: 2012 CRT ZL1, 1969 Buick 225 conv
Brings a tear to my eye
Dave K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:42 PM   #22
Blown355

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
I have yet to stop to get gas and not have a 20 minute conversation with people around me about the car.
Blown355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:03 PM   #23
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
I get lots of looks when driving around. And no I'm NOT Topless, I drive a coupe. To tell the truth, I still haven't seen another ZL1 on the road. Lots of camaro's of every color and model, but not a single ZL1! And yes, I'm definitely looking. One thing that is for sure, every time I pull up to a stop light the BOZO next to me wants to race. Doesn't seem to matter what they're driving either, a pickup, a junker, or minivan, or especially a mustang, they feel compelled to race. Have to admit I kinda like that, I do enjoy looking at them in the rearview mirror!
Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:21 PM   #24
Flea

Drives: Camaro ZL1
My 22-month old daughter absolutely LOVES our ZL1 convertible. She can't say much at her age, but can make a growling car sound, point, and say "fast car." That says enough for me. One time, my wife was going to go to the grocery store, and our daughter was going with her. The garage door was open and my wife went to move our ladder into the garage. Our daughter saw the car and started walking over to it. My wife said, "No, we're going in Mommy's car." Our daughter flung herself on the ground and threw a fit because she wanted to ride in the "fast car." lol The attention the car gets from her is better than that of a stranger.

Once I was driving with the top down and was drinking an Amped energy drink. At a stoplight, a guy in a truck next to me rolled down his window and asked, "Is that car as amped up as that drink you're drinking?" I laughed and said, "Even more!" He laughed, gave me a thumbs up, and we drove off.

Another time, I was shopping in a Best Buy, and when I came out, I noticed there was another ZL1 parked next to me. The driver was still in the car and was j use waiting for me to come out. He said it was the first '13 he had seen. So of course we stood around and bs'd about the cars for a bit.

It's impossible to drive the ZL1 and not get comments or turn heads.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:40 PM   #25
ZL1ster

Drives: '13 ZL1 IOM M6
Quote:

...same story. Different forum.
YB <----
ZL1ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:40 PM   #26
tones2SS

Drives: '13 Roush S3 '16 Ram Sport 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardok View Post
Hey, I get thumbs up just for my ZL1 shirt and hat! Best story: Coming home from Lake Arrowhead first weekend I had my car. "Accidently" got it up to 90 MPH on I-210. Got home 30 mins later and an LAPD helicopter was circling my house (weird because its CHP and LACO Sheriff area) Thought for sure i was getting an "aerial "ticket". After making about 6 passes over my house the copter loudspeaker comes on: "nice car man" and he takes off. Bow tie or die!
AWESOME!!

Quote:
Even more AWESOME!
tones2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:53 PM   #27
rzrbck_zl1

Drives: '13 ZL1 CRT #702; '05 Hemi Ram
Yeah, I rarely stop the car without having a conversation about it. Of course, I'm always more than willing to chat, though I sometimes notice my wife sitting in the passenger seat just shaking her head. I agree with Normagene; it seems the ZL1 brings out the "beast" in a lot of drivers (no matter the vehicle) when they're sitting at the stop light next to me!
rzrbck_zl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:32 PM   #28
z28-conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea View Post
My 22-month old daughter absolutely LOVES our ZL1 convertible. She can't say much at her age, but can make a growling car sound, point, and say "fast car." That says enough for me. One time, my wife was going to go to the grocery store, and our daughter was going with her. The garage door was open and my wife went to move our ladder into the garage. Our daughter saw the car and started walking over to it. My wife said, "No, we're going in Mommy's car." Our daughter flung herself on the ground and threw a fit because she wanted to ride in the "fast car." lol The attention the car gets from her is better than that of a stranger.

Once I was driving with the top down and was drinking an Amped energy drink. At a stoplight, a guy in a truck next to me rolled down his window and asked, "Is that car as amped up as that drink you're drinking?" I laughed and said, "Even more!" He laughed, gave me a thumbs up, and we drove off.

Another time, I was shopping in a Best Buy, and when I came out, I noticed there was another ZL1 parked next to me. The driver was still in the car and was j use waiting for me to come out. He said it was the first '13 he had seen. So of course we stood around and bs'd about the cars for a bit.

It's impossible to drive the ZL1 and not get comments or turn heads.

That is a cool story about your daughter. I have a 11 month old son. He is a little young still. But he is learning, I also have a '97 Z-28 convertible and it has open Borla exhaust on it. When I go and pick him up at daycare the women says. He is very smart, he can hear daddy's car and knows daddy is coming to pick him up.