Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-20-2011, 04:58 PM   #1
shortstop4

Drives: '13 Summit White ZL1 M6
Need some mod advice

I have a cat-back exhaust system (American Thunder Flowmaster) and CAI, Inc. intake, and I am wondering what I can do from here?

I see many people posting about cams, high flow cats and headers but I have no idea what those are. I dont want to do anything that voids the warranty, but I do want the best sound possible. What should I mod next to boost the sound and performance?

Last edited by shortstop4; 02-20-2011 at 05:49 PM.
shortstop4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 06:57 PM   #2
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortstop4 View Post
I have a cat-back exhaust system (American Thunder Flowmaster) and CAI, Inc. intake, and I am wondering what I can do from here?

I see many people posting about cams, high flow cats and headers but I have no idea what those are. I dont want to do anything that voids the warranty, but I do want the best sound possible. What should I mod next to boost the sound and performance?
If you are not wanting to impact your warranty (particularly the drive train warranty) you may be just about done with mods that will make your car sound any different. I would not touch anything from the cats forward. You can dramatically improve performance through suspension mods with essentially zero risk to the warranty other than the parts you are actually replacing. Feel free to hit me up with any questions you have, that is what I'm here for.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote