Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 08-27-2009, 06:25 PM   #841
LadyinBlue

Drives: 260HP/242TQ
hey baumy2eagle: GO BOILERMAKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)
LadyinBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 06:50 PM   #842
cowboy1948

Drives: 10 LT2/RS-08 SILVERADO-05 COBALT
Cool

:flag2::party0038:GO NAVY

Retired
cowboy1948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 07:25 PM   #843
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Purdue graduates...

Go Buckeyes!
Old 08-27-2009, 07:26 PM   #844
heinzd01

Drives: 2010 SS RS, 1976 Type LT
Smile heinzd checking in

I’ve been busy with work and this forum is so active I cannot keep up.

-------------------------------------------------

Cruise-in Friday @ Beavercreek K-Mart – Weather forecast is showing scattered thunderstorms so I will probably not go. :(

Trans Am Nationals this weekend @ Dayton Marriott Hotel in Dayton – http://www.78ta.com/nats/ I hope to go as a spectator. Remember that ASC is supposed to show their 2010 Camaro Trans Am conversion which I’m curious to see in person. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21729

Car show Saturday @ Wal-Mart in Xenia for those interested. – http://www.gcchd.org/Development/Events/CarShowFlyer09.pdf
I hope to go as a spectator only.

F-Body Summit – I still don’t think I’ll be going as I have made other commitments including the Beavercreek popcorn festival car show which is invitation only. I’ll be there with my restored ‘76 Camaro Type LT.

jamesmr (& wife), Pur3vil & Bee91 – Welcome. I hope you enjoy the forums and Camaro activities.

FenwickHockey65 – Wow, I didn’t know that you had ridden in Thor before. Have you had the opportunity to drive both the V6 and V8 Camaros? You’ve probably posted something driving a Camaro before; but, I cannot keep up with your many posts. I’m looking forward to more info on future GM vehicles like the Cadillac ATS, Cadillac Converj, Chevy Orlando and similar smaller cars/crossovers so help keep me informed. I’m going to need to replace my daily driver Intrepid w/230,000+ miles one of these days.

diaboli – Good to see you again at the cruise-in a couple weeks ago now. One of these days I’m going to duplicate your turn signal bulbs replacement on my own Camaro. I’m still generally holding off on all mods until after the SEMA show.

CamaroSS_300_HEMO_C – Congrats on your IOM and thanks for the pics (they are not overdone).

gtjacket – Thanks for the pics. I’ve been thinking of adding similar cowl hood stripes but in gray. Of course your stripe color works well with that IOM interior.

Jorux – Congrats on your new RJT. I’m happy to hear Ann took care of you.

peel out – Congrats on your IOM and thanks for the pic. Love your Camaro smile. I sometimes regret not getting your color combo.

Gins_R3S – Wow, your RJT looks gorgeous! I love the painted ground effects too. Congrats! Thanks for the pics. I’d like to hear your GMPP exhaust some time and see your engine cover. I saw a VR painted engine cover and it looked great. I wouldn’t mind hearing how your tint job turned out and who did it.

jrhaus76 – I hated to read and see the pic of the freeway object damage. I hope your Camaro gets fixed up to your satisfaction. Where is the auction with the 1974 Camaro w/4600 miles? I would like to see that old Camaro. I wouldn’t be looking to bid/buy. Do you show your 89 IROC? Did you consider an IBM 2010 Camaro to sort-of match?

prostock69 – Congrats! It is probably less than a week away for you now. So, will there be another IOM like your avatar pic for me to drool over?

LadyInBlue, EarliestMemory, bartking, cowboy1948, SilverIceMan – Hi! Hope everyone is enjoying their cars.

I saw an RJT heading West on hwy 35 between Xenia and Jamestown and I waved to them. I’ve passed another black Camaro going East on hwy 35 twice this week.

I’ve been passing buy Lang Chevrolet about everyday to/from work. I saw an IOM that was there one day and gone the next. They have had a black SS and yellow V6 for a number of days now.

Friday 10pm conference call and/or forum meeting – Count me in. Thanks bartking!

VOA Park – Is this going to happen sometime?

Hocking Hills driving tour – Ok, who is going to take charge and organize this and make it happen?

Rattler driving tour – A friend had told be about some SE Ohio roads called “The Rattler”. http://macysgarage.com/rattler.htm . I did some searching on this a few weeks ago and stumbled across a long video of a motorcycle driving some twisty Southern Ohio roads which this route may have been. It looked very interesting and sort-of scary especially when the motorcycle crashed in the end after hitting some gravel on the road.

Bourbon Trail driving tour – I noted this story about driving through central Kentucky bourbon country http://traveler.nationalgeographic.com/drives/kentucky-bourbon.html . It looks interesting to me so I’ve started researching further and trying to put together a driving route and stops. This could potentially be a new club activity. Has anybody driven these roads and could you comment on the experience?

Take care,
Doug
heinzd01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 07:36 PM   #845
FenwickHockey65

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinzd01 View Post
FenwickHockey65 – Wow, I didn’t know that you had ridden in Thor before. Have you had the opportunity to drive both the V6 and V8 Camaros? You’ve probably posted something driving a Camaro before; but, I cannot keep up with your many posts. I’m looking forward to more info on future GM vehicles like the Cadillac ATS, Cadillac Converj, Chevy Orlando and similar smaller cars/crossovers so help keep me informed. I’m going to need to replace my daily driver Intrepid w/230,000+ miles one of these days.
Yes, I have ridden in Thor before. For you West Chester boys and girls, it was at the Thorntons on the corner of Tylersville and Kingsgate. Number 3 brought him down on his way to Florida with his wife and stopped by.

Here's my write-up of that day...Link

I have not had the opportunity to drive any Camaros. Number 3 wasn't allowed to let me drive Thor (there are pictures on this site of a CTF test drive gone horribly wrong), and I'm also driving on a temporary license, which means I have to have an adult with me in the car all the time since I'm too damn cheap and lazy to go to driver's ed, but I'll be able to get my full license in less than a month.

ATS won't be here for some time, probably a few years.

Converj may or may not have been green-lighted, Bob Lutz gave a very cryptic answer that seemed to suggest it had been green-lighted, but nothing's for sure. Expect it to cost more than the Volt though - the Converj will have to be priced higher in order to keep the cost of the Volt down.

Chevy Orlando will most likely hit dealer lots for the 2012 model year. It'll be a 7 passenger MPV.

Chevy Cruze is going into production April of next year, so definitely keep an eye out for that. It's a very sharp looking compact expected to hit upwards of 40 MPG highway.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:32 PM   #846
heinzd01

Drives: 2010 SS RS, 1976 Type LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Yes, I have ridden in Thor before. For you West Chester boys and girls, it was at the Thorntons on the corner of Tylersville and Kingsgate. Number 3 brought him down on his way to Florida with his wife and stopped by.

Here's my write-up of that day...Link

I have not had the opportunity to drive any Camaros. Number 3 wasn't allowed to let me drive Thor (there are pictures on this site of a CTF test drive gone horribly wrong), and I'm also driving on a temporary license, which means I have to have an adult with me in the car all the time since I'm too damn cheap and lazy to go to driver's ed, but I'll be able to get my full license in less than a month.

ATS won't be here for some time, probably a few years.

Converj may or may not have been green-lighted, Bob Lutz gave a very cryptic answer that seemed to suggest it had been green-lighted, but nothing's for sure. Expect it to cost more than the Volt though - the Converj will have to be priced higher in order to keep the cost of the Volt down.

Chevy Orlando will most likely hit dealer lots for the 2012 model year. It'll be a 7 passenger MPV.

Chevy Cruze is going into production April of next year, so definitely keep an eye out for that. It's a very sharp looking compact expected to hit upwards of 40 MPG highway.
Nice Thor story. I had missed that one.

I've been wanting fuel efficiency (30+) and tech/luxury (nav, BT, tech toys) for a number of years. I haven't seen anything from any of the domestic brands yet but keep hoping it will come. I go to the Chicago Auto Show every year and read up on whats coming.

ATS - yeah, I know it will be a while unfortunately. I'm tempted by the CTS SportWagon but the MPG isn't better than my Intrepid, I find the seats uncomfortable and it is really bigger than I need.

Orlando concept looked big in person, bigger than HHR. I was tempted by HHR as I like the size and MPG but it doesn't offer much luxury/tech wise.

Equinox w/2.4 and 32mpg is tempting and has more luxury/tech than HHR though I'd like more (where is Homelink?). Dealer can't keep an LTZ 2.4 in stock long enough for me to test drive.

Cruze - 40mpg is nice but I doubt it will have the luxury/tech I'd want. Maybe we'll see a Buick version of this that might interest me.
heinzd01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 08:47 PM   #847
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
jrhaus76 – I hated to read and see the pic of the freeway object damage. I hope your Camaro gets fixed up to your satisfaction. Where is the auction with the 1974 Camaro w/4600 miles? I would like to see that old Camaro. I wouldn’t be looking to bid/buy. Do you show your 89 IROC? Did you consider an IBM 2010 Camaro to sort-of match?
ehhh... it happens, its an easy repair I suppose. Thanks for the support though! The auction is in Brown County, near Hillsboro. I guess the guy worked at Norwood and bought the car new. I am looking forward to seeing it and seeing what she goes for. May be adding #4 to the stable. Not too keen on the color. Cream Beige with brown vinyl top and brown int. White wall tires with rally wheels, 350 auto. We shall see...

http://www.auctionzip.com/Listings/690314.html

No I do not show the IROC... yet. It needs a paint job terribly. Paint is peeling and I keep painting it with a rattle can. Looks fine going down the road but up close, not so good. She does take good pictures though! And I did consider ABM, which is almost dead on the same color, just a bit more teal in the ABM but we didn't want two the same color.

As for cruise ins this weekend, I am out. I will be here for the 10PM forum meeting. I really want to get the VOA thing going. Also I can help with the Hocking ride. Can't do it alone but I can help! We can discuss this at the first meeting, whenever that happens. Hopefully its not over cocoa!
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 08:47 PM   #848
FenwickHockey65

Quote:
Nice Thor story. I had missed that one.

I've been wanting fuel efficiency (30+) and tech/luxury (nav, BT, tech toys) for a number of years. I haven't seen anything from any of the domestic brands yet but keep hoping it will come. I go to the Chicago Auto Show every year and read up on whats coming.

ATS - yeah, I know it will be a while unfortunately. I'm tempted by the CTS SportWagon but the MPG isn't better than my Intrepid, I find the seats uncomfortable and it is really bigger than I need.

Orlando concept looked big in person, bigger than HHR. I was tempted by HHR as I like the size and MPG but it doesn't offer much luxury/tech wise.

Equinox w/2.4 and 32mpg is tempting and has more luxury/tech than HHR though I'd like more (where is Homelink?). Dealer can't keep an LTZ 2.4 in stock long enough for me to test drive.

Cruze - 40mpg is nice but I doubt it will have the luxury/tech I'd want. Maybe we'll see a Buick version of this that might interest me.

The upcoming Delta-II based Buick may be your best bet. It'll most likely be the Opel Astra sedan transplanted to the US...

Astra sedan...

Astra hatchback interior...

Old 08-27-2009, 09:09 PM   #849
1 RD JEWL

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS_RS- RJT
Thanks for the kind words about our new SS Heinzd01. I look forward to bringing her out tomorrow evening if the weather is good. It sounds like it is going to be hit or miss. We will see I guess.

Anyone else going to the KMart at the Green tomorrow if it's not raining. I see jrhaus is out, and I think Lady and Fen were in but I look forward to seeing everyone else. I am in for the meet at 2200. Ooops 10PM.

2.5 weeks until the misses gets back from the sandbox... I can't wait till she sees our new surprise...

Boy were you guys right... I can't get enough of just driving it. I cleaned it up tonight incase the weather is good.

Delivered 25 Aug 2009:
2SS/RS LS3
1 RD JEWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:10 PM   #850
FenwickHockey65

I'm out. Wish I could make it, but Fridays are always busy for us. Will definitely be here at 10 PM though.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:11 PM   #851
1 RD JEWL

Copy that... sorry to miss you. Sounds like weather is going to be bad but I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Delivered 25 Aug 2009:
2SS/RS LS3
Old 08-27-2009, 09:12 PM   #852
LadyinBlue

Drives: 260HP/242TQ
Hi everybody! Does anyone here tonight want to decide sometime tomorrow about whether the 10 pm get together is via the forum or bartking's conference call #? If the conference call method is chosen it needs to be done in time for everyone to get the necessary info via PM.

Once I'm gone in the morning for work I can read stuff on the forum but I can't reply. I'm not sure yet when I'll be getting off of work in the evening so we need a *responsible* person to decide which way to go.

Any takers?

PS Good synopsis of recent thread activity, heinz!!
LadyinBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:13 PM   #853
FenwickHockey65

I would say via the forum...not sure how well a conference call would play out with so many people calling in.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:18 PM   #854
1 RD JEWL

I am in for the forum...

should be pretty easy to keep up.

Delivered 25 Aug 2009:
2SS/RS LS3

Tags
boringeversincehausleft, doesanyoneactuallyreadthislol, drew10stealsbolts, funny tags are funny, hrpii is pregnant, iroc204hp, irocababy, irocabigsticktobeatyouall, irocansshole, irocarubmark, irocasuspension, irocfluffyslippers, irocgrocerygetter, irocinsomnia, irocsshole, the jeopardy song, trackdaymidohio, whogetsridoftheircamaro4ajeep, whydotheyhatechubby?