Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-01-2009, 08:42 AM   #1
philthy

Drives: 1971 Monte Carlo/2010 Camaro 2LT
Talking Camaro is a hit at the cruise-ins!

So it looks like rain on Saturday...just did spring cleaning on the Chevelle, so I decide to take the Camaro to a little cruise-in my car club is putting on. I pull into the lot and about a dozen jaws dropped to floor. I pull all the way in the back since I was late (hard to get up that early on a Saturday!) Before I could park and get out of the car, there are about twenty people around the car. I was there for a few hours and must have talked to about 50 people at length about the car and many, many more checked it out.

Absolutely NO negative comments about it....even a few guys I know that are Mustang fans admitted that GM hit a homerun with this car. I felt like a saleman or GM employee answering questions about the Camaro. One person even said I was probably a GM employee sent around to car shows to drum up interest on the Camaro! Probably could have sold a couple...referred them to my dealer.

A few of people commented "He must have paid way over sticker to get one this early", to which I explained the pre-order procedure I went through and directed them to my dealer where they could order one at MSRP. Many were surprised at the reasonable price of the various trim levels.

Many people were very pleased to hear how much power the V-6 has....I had to pull out my very thick "Camaro folder" to show one guy how much power the V-6 has. He said "no way could GM build a 304 hp V-6!"

I also did a charity car show on Sunday with the Camaro and the Chevelle and received even more positive input.

Most people agreed with me that this is one of the cars that will (not could) pull GM out of the hole (especially the V-6 model.) So get out there, let your Camaros be seen, answer questions about the car, let people take the pictures, hell, even let them sit in it and check the car out! Inform the public and show them that GM is building awesome cars!

Now I know what Fbodfather means about "Permagrin"....I had it all weekend showing my car off!
1971 Monte Carlo
philthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:23 AM   #2
kdoske
Waiting For My 1SS/RS SIM

Drives: Sold My Lancer, now carless :/
sounds like a fun afternoon!
kdoske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:26 AM   #3
Hemlawk
AwesomeBillDawesonville

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS =)
Thats awesome that even the LT gets that much recognition.

How ya liking your car so far philthy?

Order placed on 1/13/11 - Purchased 2/22/11 2SS/RS CGM
Hemlawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:35 AM   #4
philthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlawk View Post
Thats awesome that even the LT gets that much recognition.

How ya liking your car so far philthy?
Loving every minute of driving it! I am very pleased at the power of the V-6.
1971 Monte Carlo
Old 06-01-2009, 10:44 AM   #5
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member

Drives: 427 LSX- with TWINS
Location: Back in Michigan!! Do miss ATX and my Tejas friends
Send a message via AIM to Kyle.Gilmour
Just a few more weeks and I will be at all the shows promoting GM as well as I can!
Old 06-01-2009, 12:27 PM   #6
bobbyjpgh

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Summit White A6
I've been doing the cruise scene for about a month now and it's been unreal! I've invited people to sit it in it and even let two of my friends take it for a ride. I want people to see it and fall in love with it the same way I did when I sat in fbodfathers!
bobbyjpgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 12:55 PM   #7
philthy

I got some flack from the classic car owner group for getting a trophy Saturday for a brand new unmodified car....not so much on Sunday when I had the '69 Chevelle there with it.

Any future shows or cruise-ins I will enter as a "no judge". My club does that for most shows at a slightly reduced rate so the charity still gets an entry fee. I just enjoy showing the car off and spreading the word that GM still rocks!
1971 Monte Carlo