Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 01-27-2008, 10:44 PM   #85
2K05GT
Muscle Car Fanatic

Drives: 2017 Shelby GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warghost View Post
I didn't think about that, but yes....looks as if the in-dash navi system won't fit in this dash. Still, the flip-up double DIN models are probably better. If you plan to keep the car for a while, they can be easily replaced with newer versions. Anyone know exactly how much of the dash would have to be removed to replace the factory stereo? It looks like it's integrated in the same area as the climate control. I know this isn't the final version, but judging by these pics, does it look like an aftermarket stereo would even fit? Would the small screen even work with an aftermarket head unit installed?

Sad to hear about "My Colors" being killed off in '09 Stangs. I know that little option was a selling point for both of my friends who bought them. And I would really like to have it in the new Camaro, since I have Cobalt gauges in my Mustang now, and going with all blue lighting would look great!

Regarding the gauge pods (speedo & tach), I still think they look too small, but if that's final production version, oh well. I am not a fan of 20MPH increments on the speedo, nor chrome bezels....but I'll deal with it if necessary.
Yup Blue is cool
I did not buy my Mustang for the My Color, I actually asked if it could be removed, I wanted less complexity, more to break. But after playing with it, it turned out to be fun.

I added Tri color LED's to the My Color system in mine, adds a little mood
Attached Images

2005 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey - Sold

Last edited by 2K05GT; 01-27-2008 at 10:56 PM.
2K05GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 10:48 PM   #86
2K05GT
Muscle Car Fanatic

Drives: 2017 Shelby GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by t.dawgs View Post
I noticed something on the gauges, the speedo only goes to about 120 mph and the tach goes to 5 grand or so. I assume it should read about 140 160 mph and 6 to 6 1/2 redline. I think there might be a little black tape on it. Just my observation and I think this interior is much better than the challenger one. Just clean it up with some trim and complete the car already.
Another reason I beleive this is a V6 Model, Like the Mustang the V6 speedo goes to 120, and the V8 goes to 150
2005 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey - Sold
2K05GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 11:24 PM   #87
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2K05GT View Post
Another reason I beleive this is a V6 Model, Like the Mustang the V6 speedo goes to 120, and the V8 goes to 150
Here here...
Old 01-28-2008, 05:59 AM   #88
MTron

Drives: 99 Grand Prix
Take this with a grain of salt, cuz the interior isnt near completion yet, but anyways. If they decide to keep the rmp and speed gauges the way they are, i think i might just go aftermarket for thoes, I dont particularly like the interval spacing on the gauges, specially the speed, any speed between the markings is just too ambiguous. That being said, it is pre production, so it might be changed. All in all, i like the interior, and that radio design, while ya, it does not lend its self to aftermarket stereos, that just means we have to be a bit more "creative" in fitting it in there
MTron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 06:12 AM   #89
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tran View Post
Probably inspired by this camaro interior.

No your picture is the 67/68 interior, it is more of a retro 69 interior.

Last edited by Angrybird 12; 12-31-2009 at 11:04 AM.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 06:43 AM   #90
KevinK

Drives: '02 SS 345/M6 conv.
These photos may have just come out, ...but they are from the same timeframe as the first (non-GM) released interior 'spy' shots. GM said no camo, ...these were taken prior to GM's announcement of that.
KevinK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 06:48 AM   #91
Cubanaso
Follower of CHRIST!

Drives: 2005 Mazda RX8
Quote:
and what do you mean Poor Mustang, it's the fastest selling American car in America, Retro is selling
This is what I mean, the concept was way better looking than the actual car that came out and I think most agree. Now, with some aftermarket it can look very tough but the standard GT is just too retro for me. It begs the question...what comes after retro? More retro? Could it end as a new Model T? Also...why does the rear wheel end way to early making the rear behind the wheel look like it will never end.

Friend, that's my honest opinion on the Mustang. Good, but it's looks need aftermarket help in my opinion to get more of that concept look we all loved.

Before I got my 8 I visited a Ford dealership and was disappointed with the quality of the interior (maybe it got better, mainly door panels) and the fact that when I sat in the rear (not a biggy for most mind you) my head was resting on the rear glass and I'm just 5'11 (avg).

What impressed me? It's price per performance ratio was very good.

Quote:
Just because you don't like the interior does not change my opinion of it, so you hate it, Good, thats means one less person I have to have in front of me when I buy one. Your not raining on my party
Who is trying to change your opinion on it? In stating mine I'm not trying to change yours or anyone elses. Relax, everyone has a different taste and personally I'm not too hot in the inside of the Camaro but it's early so I'm not freaking out about it.

Quote:
No your picture is the 67/68 interior, it is more of a retro 69 interior.
Wow, you NAILED IT!!! Wow...GM, that interior is virtually identical to the 69 which was uglier than the 67 which I actually liked better.

I just don't like squareness inside a car...I'm sorry, round is better flowing and less truck like.

Also, the flatness can't be helped with some color inserts...it's the flat shape that I'm complaining about. Again...truck like.

But, again folks I'm aware it's early and if you love it...so be it, it's your money and future car. I love the exterior enough that I might just live with it but I sure wish the final product looks good enough so I don't have to "just" live with it.

My car is not the best thing out there,looks or performance, but overall in test after test it receives high marks in everything it does...along with it's interior.

GM is kicking butt right now so I know they need time to make it look better, so I wait....

Quote:
They're right behind the shifter. Plain as day.
Yeah, I looked again and I saw them. It's the same location as in my RX8 which when used the drinks get in the way of your shifting but I know there is limited space in there.

Oh, last thing the 67 Camaro interior looks significantly like my RX8...I'm in shock about that. Same chrome line long the sides of the (whill silverish on the 8) center divider and while the 8 has 3 pods to the 67's 2 the gauges look very similar.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:03 AM   #92
trapin

Drives: Camaro

Last edited by trapin; 07-19-2008 at 09:13 AM.
trapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 09:09 AM   #93
Urthman
Future Camaro Owner

Drives: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by t.dawgs View Post
I noticed something on the gauges, the speedo only goes to about 120 mph and the tach goes to 5 grand or so. I assume it should read about 140 160 mph and 6 to 6 1/2 redline. I think there might be a little black tape on it. Just my observation and I think this interior is much better than the challenger one. Just clean it up with some trim and complete the car already.

That doesn't necessarily mean anything. The speedo in my '85 Z28 only went to 85 mph. Do you think it ONLY went that fast? No.
Urthman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 09:09 AM   #94
linkwpc
The punching cat

Drives: '10 Camaro SS Black W/Hugger&W/IOI
Sorry but interior sucks IMO. I really do hope it will look better on the real car.
linkwpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 09:15 AM   #95
Cubanaso
Follower of CHRIST!

trapin...thanks for the post and I have hope in GM who has really been kicking butt the past year or more. I agree that too retro is not a good thing and the Camaro did retro right unlike the Mustang which (IN MY OPINION) went TOO retro for my taste.

At least, it does not look as bad as the Challenger which so far looks horrid. Now, like you said...pictures are not enough so I'm basically just talking about my impressions on these pictures.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:33 AM   #96
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
I like what I see so far and believe the end product will be something we can all be proud of

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 10:22 AM   #97
neo2227

Drives: 2007 Chevy Tahoe sittin on 22'
Well So far the interior pics this time around are better. But I have to agree with Cubanaso. This interior reminds me ALOT of my tahoe. Also yeah I guess no after market stuff at least for this verson of the interior.
neo2227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 10:40 AM   #98
Cubanaso
Follower of CHRIST!

Neo, we are not alone...but we all share the hope it will all work itself out in the end.