Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-22-2013, 07:54 PM   #57
SteelCamaro

Drives: 2012 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by crateish View Post
Nobody has ever said a negative word to me about mine.

Nothing but compliments and jealousy.
Same here, must be something about the 45th! And the fact that when they hear my Flowmaster Outlaws, they know I mean business.
SteelCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:59 PM   #58
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
I must not understand what backhanded compliments are...sounds like straight up ditchin' to me..... :P
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:59 PM   #59
GM_guy

Drives: 16 2LT Camaro, 15 Sierra CC 04 Yuk
I've had nothing but positive feed back on the Camaro.

However, a few years back I owned an 05 GTO and had a classic moment at a gas station. I was filling up and older guy pops out from around the pump and asked me if that was the new GTO. He then proceeded to school me on why it's not a 'real' GTO. After my lesson he got in his new four door Dodge Charger and drove off.
GM_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:12 PM   #60
FJ60

Drives: '13 2SS RS 1LE ; '85 Landcruiser
female co-worker: Your car screams mid-life crisis.

my response: Maybe. It certainly helps me get away quicker from the opinionated douchebags here.

(She rolled her eyes and walked away.)
FJ60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:24 PM   #61
Sugarfree135

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
I get a lot of bs about "everyone has a camaro" and my buddy who has spent thousands upon thousands of dollars boosting his civic says "I call them slowmaros"

I also had some hillbilly's at the car wash crawl out of their 80 something f250 and come over and spark up a conversation about it, the one tells me it's one of his dream cars then the question "how much horsepower?" Comes up, I say about 450 and the ones all "that's it!?" Lol like wtf are you driving that has more? 😜

My town is really gay though in the sense that no one is a "car" enthusiast they are a "whatever I'm driving at the moment and hate on EVERYTHING else" enthusiast. So basically every mustang, civic, sti, and evo is hating on you and trying to show off 😐
Sugarfree135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:25 PM   #62
JohnnyBfromPeoria

Drives: 2012 LS M6, Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH3VYRULZ View Post
He said " Ya, fast nuff to gitcha dead " Whatever lol
That's actually a compliment to me.

Sort of off-topic, but a young man on a bicycle rode up to me today as I was getting in my car at a convenience store and asked how much my car cost me. I told him it was the cheapest model, around 23. His response: Thousand?

Right at that same time, a guy nearby started his old beat up looking Chevy II that sounded like he was hiding an underhood Roots blower and some really loud pipes. I had to lean past the math wizard to give the other guy a big thumbs up.

John B.
1986 Mitsubishi Montero 2.4l FI Transplant
JohnnyBfromPeoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:31 PM   #63
06_warrior

Drives: 2012 1SS LS3 M6 black on black :)
I never get any negative comments or negative reactions to my Camaro but with my bike being a Yamaha i get "nice harley" or what kind of "Harley is that" then i respond with "thanks" or "It's the newest Harley that just came out". Even if they did say something negative i would just reply "thanks" and go about my business. I really could careless if people like or dislike what i am driving/riding.
06_warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:46 PM   #64
ogre

Drives: 2013 2LS Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJ60 View Post
female co-worker: Your car screams mid-life crisis.

my response: Maybe. It certainly helps me get away quicker from the opinionated douchebags here.

(She rolled her eyes and walked away.)
haha! nice!
ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:46 PM   #65
matthew9440

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Jealousy! Going to the car shows def opens you up to some criticism. I love going though. A lot of people think that the car is really cool! There always has to be a freakin asshole.

One time I'm at a car show. There is a guy with an 04 cavalier with every accessory you can get at the Walmart automotive section. He goes by joe dirt..... Literally he introduces himself as joe dirt. He carries around a can of Pam cooking spray on his belt and shines his tires with it. I cannot make this shit up people. He comes up to me first time I ever met him. He says "my names joe dirt, I have a cavalier that looks a lot like a really sweet mustang. I could have had a camaro just like yours for how much I have into my cavvy. I got 7 grand in he car and another 7 g's in aftermarket accessories". I just said cool or something.... But I was thinking your gonna need another 25 grand to drive a car like mine but to each is own. Difference between me and a lot of other people is I'm not gonna hurt the poor guys feelings by dissing on his car in public. I'm just gonna do it on the camaro forum

matthew9440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:50 PM   #66
matthew9440

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sicss View Post
wouldn't expect anything else , most people who live in pa. are sqeeler fans. let the hatin begin GO BROWNS
Right... Can't wait till the browns win a championship. Probably be a 25th generation camaro by then.

matthew9440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:30 PM   #67
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
i would tell anyone who makes an uncomplimentary comment to F off. if you dont have anything good to say, then shut the trap. whats with folks today? you know? its jealousy guys. they are jealous. thats it. unless they are getttin into a bmw, vette or porsche, their car is not what yours is, LS, LT, dont matter. and the comments on the v6, v8 are relative. so you got a ss, not ZL1? and if you got a ZL1, you didnt get a Z06 vette? and if you got a Z06 Vette, you didnt get a ferrari? where does it end? its silly. i still get compliments on my 98 firebird , red with chrome wheels. and i am looking at new v6 camaros, so, yeah, i am wanting a 6 and auto, not a manual zl1. but its the jealousy, MUST BE NICE attitude. those folks just have issues. motor on !!!
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:42 PM   #68
Danien

Drives: Camaro 1LT/RS
Never really got anything offensive, got a few "Oh, it's a V6" but I don't let it bother me. What does bother me(and probably me only lol) is people calling my car the Batmobile because it's black. I will admit the time I rolled up to my friend's house one time and his little brother came up to me wide eyed and just looked at me and said "....THE BATMOBILE" didn't do anything but make me smile
Danien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:42 PM   #69
Bsf7

Drives: 2013 silver 2ss
worst comment....nice looking challenger lol
Bsf7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:48 PM   #70
06_warrior

Drives: 2012 1SS LS3 M6 black on black :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danien View Post
Never really got anything offensive, got a few "Oh, it's a V6" but I don't let it bother me. What does bother me(and probably me only lol) is people calling my car the Batmobile because it's black. I will admit the time I rolled up to my friend's house one time and his little brother came up to me wide eyed and just looked at me and said "....THE BATMOBILE" didn't do anything but make me smile

I've been told that also about my car. It's black on the outside and inside. I even had the wheels Plast-dipped but took that off last month.
06_warrior is offline   Reply With Quote