Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-15-2014, 11:17 PM   #43
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Drives: 14 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by eymang View Post
Aww not this again. I'll take it out of the garage and do a burn out for you.
Cool story bro
Old 01-15-2014, 11:19 PM   #44
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Drives: 14 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissyTx View Post
I totally feel the same way about my Camaro as you stated in your first post. You said nothing wrong, it's just over sensitive people that get butt hurt too easily because they desperately need drama in their lives lol.

I bought my car to DRIVE, not to sit in a garage for me too look at while I send off monthly payments LOL, and if anyone else feels the opposite, that's ok too. We all have our own reasons for the way we treat/use our cars. I am not paying anyone else's car note or insurance, so they can do what they want with their own car To each his own.

Just wish we wouldn't have so much drama over insignificant differences (garage queens/daily drivers, V6/V8, Auto/Manual).
+1000%
Old 01-15-2014, 11:24 PM   #45
TJR1952

Drives: 2013 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ir0nM4n View Post
I can see how this, "Daily Driver Camaro Owners" can make people feel left out... Sorry about that, I thought people would read what I wrote and get the Idea that I enjoyed Driving my Car today.. That was about it...

Instead they got the idea that for some reason I think daily drivers are somewhat better, or those that garage them have some issue...

Not even close, I could care less if you drive your car or not. I was wondering if people enjoy driving the car they own. I wanted to know if when you get off work because you drove a Camaro to work do you look forward to going home a little more.
Yeah , there will always be those that make something out of nothing.
Ordered my 13 2LT to drive around all day for the last 2 years before i retire. I work for the school district and drive from school to school all day long. As you can imagine , the kids can't stay away. So far no one has scratched it. It looks like a muscle car with ground effects etc , but has the v6 with automatic. I cruise during the week and have a Challenger SRT 6-spd manual for my weekend fun. You can be a hater if you want , i just don't care. I worked very hard for what i have.
TJR1952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:24 PM   #46
CamaroGuyDave

Drives: 2013 1LT A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ir0nM4n View Post
For those that may not understand my post

I was simply saying I enjoy driving my Camaro. I enjoy driving it to and from work. I also meant to say.... I feel sorry for those that are having weather issues that is keeping them from driving their car.

Nothing about being better or worse or some weird way of thinking.
Thats how I read it. With all the weather, Im sure people can't get out in their cars. Unless they have all weather or winter tires.

BTW.. Mine is my daily driver.
CamaroGuyDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 04:52 AM   #47
Trunz150

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Drop Top
People r crazyyyyyyy....... Drove mine to work today.... Oopppssss
Trunz150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 06:11 AM   #48
jmelchio
SSmokinJoe

Drives: 2010 SIM 1SS/RS M6
One of the reasons I bought mine was to make my commute fun. Mission accomplished! 75,000 miles later, I still smile during the ride. I did have a few interesting moments in the snow, but I only got stuck once in 4 years.
SLP Loudmouth II Axleback
Hurst Shifter
R1Concepts Slotted Rotors
Hawk Ceramic Brakepads

I drive way too fast to worry about my cholesterol.
jmelchio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 07:00 AM   #49
jravenfan

Drives: 2013 2SS Blue Ray Metallic
I love driving mine and it's intended to be my daily driver but I find me driving my truck more since the winter months have started. I don't want to drive it when it's bad wether conditions because I have a more suitable vehicle for that. it's also hard to keep clean, even when no precip is called for, you have the snow melting, salt still on the roads and so on.

I think we all can agree we love driving our Camaro's.
Old 01-16-2014, 07:15 AM   #50
mxair2001

Drives: 2016 Summit White 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by angie7 View Post
no is it yours??? Every other day it seems there's these daily driver threads. They are as annoying as the v6 vs v8 or auto vs manual threads. Good you drive your car everyday. Who cares? I can afford to have another car as a daily, don't see me making posts bragging about how I feel sorry for people who have to make their Camaros a daily. Again who freaking cares? Oh well. Tis life.

You obviously care since you took time out of your day to post in what you call an annoying thread....

Back to OP. Mine is a my daily driver as well and I love every minute I get to drive it. I'm always turning back around to look at it when I get out and think to myself "that's a badass car" haha

-mxair2001
mxair2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 07:29 AM   #51
TPAJETSKI

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesyn View Post
Wow, so much anger towards people who use their car every day. Some of us enjoy it as a daily driver, some like them as garage kept weekend fun. Both is cool. For me my Camaro is my DD and my 85 Trans Am is my garage kept (well, car port kept) and I look forward to driving my Camaro every day. Both options are ok. Nobody is saying you're evil because you don't daily drive it. Relax.

Pics of 85 TA please. That was my first new car. I'm still trying to find one that isn't a collector piece or ragged out. I can't seem to find one in between.
TPAJETSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 07:37 AM   #52
TPAJETSKI

Drives: Camaro
I have two cars and I still choose to drive the Camaro. Why should it sit in the garage? What am I saving it for? I can't be buried in the damn thing, I may as well drive it. Just my opinion of course.
TPAJETSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 07:43 AM   #53
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
It's definitely a fun car to have as a daily driver. I traded in my 2009 4wd Trailblazer to buy my Camaro. Love driving it to work everyday even in the winter months with the snow.

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
2016 Camaro 1LT A8 - "Elmo"
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb"
2012 Camaro 1LS M6 - "Clifford"

Michigan FBody Association
http://www.mifbody.com/
meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:42 AM   #54
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by angie7 View Post
OP really? Good job on compensating and trying to convince yourself that its all good but for the ones that are fornuate enough to save our cars from daily abuse, its all good bc we really dont care that you drive it everyday and dont need to make stupid posts about our garaged babies....
I think you're being a little too sensitive about DD'ing or not, and that led you to read too much into OP's post.

Try looking at it in terms of enjoying the drive in his Camaro as opposed to putting up with having to use either of his other rides . . . not as an attack on the way you prefer to use your Camaro.

I know exactly where he's coming from - before I retired there were many, many times where the best "out of home" parts of the weekdays were the drives to and from the job. And I know this because I decided a very long time ago that every car I'd ever own would have to have "fun to drive" up at or very close to the top of the priority list. Every car.

Life is too short to drive something that at best you tolerate driving because you feel you have to.

Norm

Last edited by Norm Peterson; 01-16-2014 at 09:50 AM.
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:01 AM   #55
RunRS9114

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue 2SS, A8, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxair2001 View Post
You obviously care since you took time out of your day to post in what you call an annoying thread....

Back to OP. Mine is a my daily driver as well and I love every minute I get to drive it. I'm always turning back around to look at it when I get out and think to myself "that's a badass car" haha

-mxair2001
I'm right there with you on that one! I worked my ass off since graduating college to be able to afford my 2LT/RS. It's the only car I have right now and it will probably be the only car I have. I've driven it in all sorts of weather here in Illinois and have enjoyed every single minute. I always turn and look at it when I park it at work and think "that's a badass car"!
RunRS9114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:07 AM   #56
Sp00ner

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunRS9114 View Post
I'm right there with you on that one! I worked my ass off since graduating college to be able to afford my 2LT/RS. It's the only car I have right now and it will probably be the only car I have. I've driven it in all sorts of weather here in Illinois and have enjoyed every single minute. I always turn and look at it when I park it at work and think "that's a badass car"!
Been a good year for winter Camaro driving....

Right there with ya, though I do have a 'loaner' car I can use when the snow is flying for a day or two.
Sp00ner is offline   Reply With Quote