Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest / Pacific Northwest

Old 09-29-2009, 12:52 AM   #15
chevyss
SS/RS

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM w/blk stripes A6
If it wasn't so far for me, I'd love to be part of a good Camaro club. I belong to several car clubs. One is in my home town. One is a national club with my Monte Carlo. I inquired about the PNWCC and the only person who responded was a Kelly Marrow in Montana. Keep me posted if the club would ever meet 1/2 way sometime, I might just meet them. Thanks
chevyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 09:04 AM   #16
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyss View Post
If it wasn't so far for me, I'd love to be part of a good Camaro club. I belong to several car clubs. One is in my home town. One is a national club with my Monte Carlo. I inquired about the PNWCC and the only person who responded was a Kelly Marrow in Montana. Keep me posted if the club would ever meet 1/2 way sometime, I might just meet them. Thanks
Kelly & Bob are our East reps lol. They are great people & come over to Issaquah almost every year, with thier 68 Camaro. for our All Camaro & Chevy show, Which will be held July 9-11th of 2010.

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:23 PM   #17
HTWLSS
Camaro Disciple

Drives: Camaro, Chevelle, Corvette...
Send a message via MSN to HTWLSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by frkeyes View Post
But people are social and that is the point. Get out and meet people and enjoy these fantastic vehicles in person. It really isn't the same as a picture. My biggest hold back on joining your group is the fact that everything scheduled out for the most part has been on the west side. Not to be anti-social, but you know I just don't like to have to go to somebody else's house all the time. Of course if we got enough east siders going maybe we could get something rolling on both sides of the mountain and keep everyone happy.
Sorry, I wasn't clear. We DO get together, but it's as a result of the internet. We use the technology for frequent get-togethers and see our car friends more now than when we just went to a monthly meeting, and it's all because we can spontaneously gather as a result of a forum post or group email message. We're actually MORE social and do more things today than 10+ years ago when we were in a formally organized club.
There just isn't a need for us to be in an organized club that we pay dues to and have to deal with all the by-laws, elections, officers, treasury, etc. We have a MUCH better time as a group of informal car friends than an "organized" club.
I'm speaking as a formerly active officer and member of the local club in Portland. The internet changed the way we socialize with car friends, eliminating our need to be in all the politics of a "club". It's all informal and relaxed now and a LOT more fun!

http://modernclassicsauto.com
'68 Chevelle Malibu Coupe; '67 Chevelle Wagon; '99 Convertible Camaro SS #0069; '07 Z06; '06 Silverado Crew Cab 2500 4x4 dually; '14 Sonic RS Hatchback
HTWLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 10:39 PM   #18
frkeyes
MEDIC8D

Drives: 2002 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTWLSS View Post
Sorry, I wasn't clear. We DO get together, but it's as a result of the internet. We use the technology for frequent get-togethers and see our car friends more now than when we just went to a monthly meeting, and it's all because we can spontaneously gather as a result of a forum post or group email message. We're actually MORE social and do more things today than 10+ years ago when we were in a formally organized club.
There just isn't a need for us to be in an organized club that we pay dues to and have to deal with all the by-laws, elections, officers, treasury, etc. We have a MUCH better time as a group of informal car friends than an "organized" club.
I'm speaking as a formerly active officer and member of the local club in Portland. The internet changed the way we socialize with car friends, eliminating our need to be in all the politics of a "club". It's all informal and relaxed now and a LOT more fun!
very cool. being an IT guy I know of too many of my cohorts that get anchored to groups on the internet that have no real social activity. Please don't take offense to my earlier comments, just making an observation.

9/2/2009 Delivered to dealer
9/4/2009 Getting driven off the showroom floor
frkeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 12:01 PM   #19
HTWLSS
Camaro Disciple

Drives: Camaro, Chevelle, Corvette...
Send a message via MSN to HTWLSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by frkeyes View Post
very cool. being an IT guy I know of too many of my cohorts that get anchored to groups on the internet that have no real social activity. Please don't take offense to my earlier comments, just making an observation.
I hear what you're saying (no offense taken).
Some people are social only on the internet and hardly see the light of day or another human being (rumor has it they have moss growing between their toes). We're definitely NOT recluses. We just drove a 6000+ mile round trip to go to the NEOCC show in Ohio to personally visit with all of our forum buddies from across North America! We do it every year.

http://modernclassicsauto.com
'68 Chevelle Malibu Coupe; '67 Chevelle Wagon; '99 Convertible Camaro SS #0069; '07 Z06; '06 Silverado Crew Cab 2500 4x4 dually; '14 Sonic RS Hatchback
HTWLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 03:59 PM   #20
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTWLSS View Post
I hear what you're saying (no offense taken).
Some people are social only on the internet and hardly see the light of day or another human being (rumor has it they have moss growing between their toes). We're definitely NOT recluses. We just drove a 6000+ mile round trip to go to the NEOCC show in Ohio to personally visit with all of our forum buddies from across North America! We do it every year.
just like we do the reno thing every year lol go down to HAN & have a blast.

for me being part of the club isnt about the meetings or what have you its getting together sharing the knowledge & just hanging out. not only that, but when Zhawk went over seas, it wasnt the Miltiary that kept up on my kids & I it was the club. I never did hear from the guys that were suppose to keep in contact with the wives, to see how they were getting along & making sure they had someone to be with around the holidays & what have you.

It was My club, that made sure I had what we needed to get through, & made the phone calls to make sure when the power went out we were ok.

Then of course there are the competions, like the Car club challange races we do. sometimes thats all the guys sign up for is the races. its fun & its not that pricey.

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote