Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 12-13-2012, 03:58 PM   #1
ChrisZXWJ

Drives: 2012 Camaro Convertible
Clutch Pedal

Quick question...I have a 2012 2LT M6.

This year, I've been driving it in the "shoulder season" before we get serious snow (I benched it pretty early last year). On cold starts first thing in the morning, the clutch pedal does not return fully when I start the car. I have to use my toe to pull it all the way out. From that point on, it functions just fine. This seems to be a new issue now that overnight temperatures have reached below freezing.

Can anyone comment on what issue I might be experiencing and if it's worth bringing to my not-so-helpful dealer?

Thanks!
ChrisZXWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:34 PM   #2
blue-bayou

Drives: 2010 IBM SS/RS/Stick
Mine did the same thing about a year ago. Personally I think there was air in the line, but dealer told me the T/O was leaking. They replaced and bled the line. Problem went away. (but I'm thinking it's starting to resurface)
Old 12-13-2012, 09:41 PM   #3
blue-bayou

Drives: 2010 IBM SS/RS/Stick
BTW, even if I didn't pull the pedal back up manually, it would work its way back up as I drove and used it-which means that the problem would go away before I could get to the dealer. Wound up having to drop the car off on a cold night prior. That way they were able to duplicate the problem.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:29 AM   #4
SSsaint

Drives: 2011 camaro ss
My car does the same exact thing and it ended up throwing a p0806 code the dealer told me it need a whole new clutch pedal assembly cause the sensor went bad, and they said it wasn't covered under warranty. They wanted $600 to change it.
SSsaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:52 AM   #5
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSsaint View Post
My car does the same exact thing and it ended up throwing a p0806 code the dealer told me it need a whole new clutch pedal assembly cause the sensor went bad, and they said it wasn't covered under warranty. They wanted $600 to change it.

I would like to look into this further for you. Are you still experiencing the same issue? Also, please send me your VIN and mileage to my inbox and I will be able to check warranty information.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 12-26-2012, 07:13 PM   #6
SSsaint

Drives: 2011 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
I would like to look into this further for you. Are you still experiencing the same issue? Also, please send me your VIN and mileage to my inbox and I will be able to check warranty information.

Brandon
I just seen your post I will try and get you that info tomorrow if you still want to look into it.
SSsaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:57 AM   #7
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSsaint View Post
I just seen your post I will try and get you that info tomorrow if you still want to look into it.

Sure! No problem. I will check it out.

Brandon
Old 01-07-2013, 01:48 PM   #8
camaross305

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS
Im having the same issue. Anyone find a solution to it?
camaross305 is offline   Reply With Quote