Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 11-10-2013, 07:40 PM   #71
jm88
RJT 2SS RS Auto -"Sookie"

Drives: 13 BMW X6 50i - M Perf
I have only one problem with the C7 besides the 1st year glitches:

I'm wondering if it's going to be a durable car? In average driving, in average places with speed bumps... potholes etc.

The new aluminum frame while being stiff... can it take abuse ?
jm88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 02:08 AM   #72
Asab

Drives: 2014 Zl1 Red Hot M6
The C7 is nice BUT car of the year ...... Trust me go drive a C7 then drive a Ferrari 458 you tell me what you would rather own L O L ......Anyway......

They did a very nice job with it but its a BASE corvette soon once they sell them to all the people who want them there will be a whole lot of them around. Also people are paying above MSRP for them that's nutz.... The Newness of the car will fade.

The Tech in the Vette is really good but lets see what happens when they release the new ZR1 in two years THAT will be KING and 120+ to own lol..

The ZL1 is going to be a rare car I expect there going to stop making them soon too.

Time will tell but in 25 years I think a ZL1 will be more collectable then a C7 base.

Asab..............
Old 12-02-2013, 02:12 AM   #73
JackalopeZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asab View Post
The C7 is nice BUT car of the year ...... Trust me go drive a C7 then drive a Ferrari 458 you tell me what you would rather own L O L ......Anyway......

I would think Price is a huge factor when considering car of the year.. the performance you get compared to a car that costs 10 times as much suddenly they seem to be much more equal..

If money was no object at all of course who would not want the ferrari
Old 12-02-2013, 02:25 AM   #74
11B250

Drives: Corvette Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by joes407 View Post
ive been a die hard Camaro guy for over 25 years until I saw those stingrays at the show. then listening to those guys brag about their great 29mpg and no gas guzzler tax I was forced to go drive some. the one I really seem to like is the 09 Z06. with 505 hp that thing is a beast and easily demonstrates what 1000 lbs less body weight really does for the seat of the pants. now im torn, keep my heavy 12 mpg Camaro that the paint flakes off of every time I drive it or trade to a 20+ mpg avg corvette at 1000 lbs less and less of a car payment
Well? do you want the back seats?

and paint flaking? am I missing something here?
11B250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 02:27 AM   #75
11B250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normagene View Post
Never understood the purpose of the back seat in the ZL1. It's not like anybody can actually fit back there??? Do love the Big Trunk, easily fits/holds TWO Adult Bodies! Have to checkout the Stingrays trunk, never know who may end up back there???......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
Works great for someone like me that might have a baby coming on the way, or a child. by the time the kids are too old to fit in there, I will probably have something else
Old 12-02-2013, 02:36 AM   #76
11B250

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08vette View Post
the Zl1 is awesome but to 99% of the population it is just a camaro, which isn't a bad thing, but I am sure Zl1 owners dont want to hear that. their is something iconic about a corvette
That's very true, and it's one of the hardest reasons I'm having a hard time letting go of my corvette even though it's 10 years old.

to most people, it's a camaro. but I drive a corvette.

Their opinions can kiss my butt, but it's still there and it annoys me lol

but then again like others have mentioned, anyone who knows about cars will know there is something special about this camaro. and the ones that don't understand cars need not apply I suppose.

that being said I have seen over 10 C7s in my area already. I have not seen a single ZL1 since they came out, and I look for these cars. Talk about unique.

as far as being special in 25 years.... well... I don't plan on owning it for more than 8 years, so it doesn't apply to me. imagine the camaro in 8 years from today. what kind of power and other capabilities it will have!
Old 12-02-2013, 07:10 AM   #77
Happy_Dan
Happy_Dan

Drives: 2012 IOM Camaro ZL1 #569
Send a message via AIM to Happy_Dan Send a message via Yahoo to Happy_Dan Send a message via Skype™ to Happy_Dan
One other thing from my experience. I hat to stereotype and I have several good Corvette friends, but the Camaro crowd is a much more humble and warm crowd at events. They don't sit at their own cars, they all get together somewhere. At least the one's I hang with.

I loved my Z06's and they felt like they were much more neutral but as I said, I haven't had the ZL1 to a track yet, so I am not sure. But the Camaro people are the best!
Happy_Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:39 AM   #78
08vette

Drives: 2008 corvette, 2010 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy_Dan View Post
One other thing from my experience. I hat to stereotype and I have several good Corvette friends, but the Camaro crowd is a much more humble and warm crowd at events. They don't sit at their own cars, they all get together somewhere. At least the one's I hang with.

I loved my Z06's and they felt like they were much more neutral but as I said, I haven't had the ZL1 to a track yet, so I am not sure. But the Camaro people are the best!
i agree most corvette owners are snooty, know it alls, who don't drive their car. and would rather spend 1500 on a new steering wheel than real mods. I love the car but can't stand the owners
08vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:43 AM   #79
08vette

Drives: 2008 corvette, 2010 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by snackbar64 View Post
That is not true. Most people I encounter can't stop staring at the car. I get neck snapping stares on the highway or when the car is parked. It's really a head turning design and the visual asthetics of performance package of this car sets I apart from anything else. It just looks special.
regular v6 camaros get major looks and stares, but a majority of people think a zl1 is a camaro with some extra ground effects
08vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:15 PM   #80
noxqq

Drives: '19 ZR1 Shadow Gray & '16 Z06 LBR
Quote:
i agree most corvette owners are snooty, know it alls, who don't drive their car. and would rather spend 1500 on a new steering wheel than real mods. I love the car but can't stand the owners

First let me say that I like my ZL1 the best of any car that I have ever owned. But, I have owned 5 Corvettes in the past 3 decades.

I remember many years ago asking a girl who I had only known briefly for a date. I picked her up in my Corvette instead of my DD. We hadn't gone 5 miles when she said, "I always thought all Corvette owners were azzholes." To this day, I don't know if she meant that I was an azzhole because I owned a Corvette or that because I wasn't an azzhole, then I shouldn't own a Corvette.
noxqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:26 PM   #81
hognutz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
regular v6 camaros get major looks and stares, but a majority of people think a zl1 is a camaro with some extra ground effects
actaully most people do not think this at all. maybe it is the 3-4k piece of carbon fiber in the hood.

most people look at it for a second then say "is the the model with the corvette motor" ha ha.

not realizing the SS has the corvette motor and the Zl1 has the CTS-V motor.

My Z06 did turn mor heads universally though but there are like 6 in my town and I am still the only ZL1 so I feel like more a trophy husband based on exclusivity. ha ha.

Corvette owners always though I was wierd because I drove the piss out of my car by there standards and pushed it hard.
2013 ZL1 -sold
2007 Z06- sold
2014 Chrysler 300
2011 Duramax 8" lift, deleted tuned
hognutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:38 PM   #82
gen=5

Drives: 13 ZL1 vert blac fastlane/LPE 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
Hey fellas anybody do this jump over to the c7
Your opinions would be great
It does not matter what anyone else thinks,unless your the type of person that lives to only please everyone but yourself..test drive it either you like it or you dont !!!! good luck
Old 12-04-2013, 12:48 PM   #83
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Quote:

I have not had that happen to me yet. The difference I have noticed is it's stance when parked. The front end and the CF hood extraction scoop indicate this ain't no V6 Camaro with a body kit added. The people I encountered and spoken with seem to already know exactly what a ZL1 Camaro is. The SS and even some of the Corvette owners I see while driving usually won't even acknowledge me or try and rev their engines and speed off. There are lots of Vettes and Camaro's where I live.
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 01:25 PM   #84
Whos_Drivin

Drives: '12 Camaro ZL1, '16 Silverado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by hognutz View Post

most people look at it for a second then say "is the the model with the corvette motor" ha ha.
I get the "is that the one with the corvette motor?" all the time.

Then there's my neighbor with a GT500 whos been telling others he thinks mine is just a v6. I've been putting around the neighborhood quietly waiting for his garage queen to make an appearance at the same time I'm heading out. Not sure if he's purposely down playing my car or is just that clueless.

2016 Silverado LTZ-Z71 Midnight Edition: 6.2L, 8 speed auto, Borla exhaust
Whos_Drivin is offline   Reply With Quote