Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 12-12-2014, 08:26 AM   #29
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
We have sold a ton of the Vitesse throttle controllers and I can not even begin to tell you how much positive feedback we have received. I would venture to say we have had more customers contact us to tell us how happy they are with it than any other single product we sell, and we have only had it a few months.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 01:13 PM   #30
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
The cars when cold will buck sometimes stock. When you add a VMAX or Bo White TB you are increasing airflow so it may buck more when cold. Then add the Throttle Controller to it you up the chances of bucking more when cold. Let the car warm up to where the coolant is 100F and you are fine for sure.

Like I said the computer sensors do not start reading correctly till around 80F on coolant temp. It only takes a few minutes to get there even when really cold out.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 01:17 PM   #31
Spartan01

Drives: Evil Eva, 2010 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
The cars when cold will buck sometimes stock. When you add a VMAX or Bo White TB you are increasing airflow so it may buck more when cold. Then add the Throttle Controller to it you up the chances of bucking more when cold. Let the car warm up to where the coolant is 100F and you are fine for sure.

Like I said the computer sensors do not start reading correctly till around 80F on coolant temp. It only takes a few minutes to get there even when really cold out.

Wouldn't bucking have more to do with the tires being warmed up than the engine?
Old 12-12-2014, 01:37 PM   #32
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan01 View Post
Wouldn't bucking have more to do with the tires being warmed up than the engine?
No I am not talking about wheel hop. We are talking about the actually engine power surging. The engine sensors are not up to temp and the extra quick airflow really throws them off when cold.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 01:45 PM   #33
zim2323

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 2SS/RS 1LE
I was looking into getting one of these, but this is the response from someone who does performance work every day when I asked him what they thought of these...

"It's a joke and can't help. Trust me, the computer controls how sensitive your TB and pedal are. They can be made slower and faster in the tune. This is purely a waste of money. They take the signal voltage and adjust it to make the TB respond faster which also wears out the TB motor."

Thoughts? Sounds like there could be long term issues. If it's true that it can be tuned to do the same, why not just do that?

I never take anybody's word and try to do my own research, but honestly, I'm not the brightest car guy. There's so much utter crap that gets spewed on forums based on personal opinion and improper testing, it's hard for me to wade through everything to find the 5% truth. Just not sure what to trust.

For example...something as simple as catch cans...do they work...YES, I have both clean and dirty side. But, as my performance mechanic has proven to me and the other 20+ Camaros and other muscle and exotic cars he's worked on, when you put the proper oil levels in....WALLAH!, no oil in either catch can in 5000 miles. If I was tracking the car, I would probably see something, but I would guess that guys that see oil in the catch cans are actually overfilling the oil during oil changes versus actually having a blowby problem. So....who do you believe? I'm "glad" I put my catch cans on, but with no oil in either, it really is a waste of money for me. If I move and have to rely on a less competent mechanic, then I might see some benefit I suppose.

Thanks!
zim2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 02:48 PM   #34
Cool1LE

Drives: 2014 Blk 2SS/1LE
By this logic the tune would wear out the TB motor as well... right? Your changing the signal with either a tune or the controller so if you don't want to tune (or want to be able to adjust the signal or don't want the increased response 100% of the time) then the controller is the way to go?? Like you I'm trying to find the truth in this.

Also with the catch can you are kind of making the argument for one - if it only protects when you over fill and I am putting the exact amount in the owners manual states and getting oil in the can then.... bingo I need one (most likely it didn't all drain or whatever...)
Cool1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 03:11 PM   #35
zim2323

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 2SS/RS 1LE
Cool1LE... you hit the nail on the head for why I'm expressing my confusion/question. Not sure what to believe. I know what works for some doesn't work for others. Maybe there's no clear cut black and white answer. I've got ported LPE TB, RotoFab CAI, and a tune, but I don't get near the response these guys are claiming. I'd like to have that response.

Honestly, if throttle response came at the cost of burning out the TB motor (honestly, how long could that take??? millions/billions of cycles?), I'd rather just replace a TB whenever it did go. I still have my VMax ported to throw in if it did.

I REALLY want to do this, and I'm trying to make sure there isn't a silly reason why I shouldn't. I was on the "catch cans are crap" bandwagon for a long time, and now I have 2 of them. LOL I can change my mind, I just want to have a good reason why. For me, catch cans are just a good insurance policy if anything. For this device though, it sounds like a whole lotta' fun with very little negative if a burned out TB is all I have to worry about!
zim2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 10:09 PM   #36
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by zim2323 View Post
I was looking into getting one of these, but this is the response from someone who does performance work every day when I asked him what they thought of these...

"It's a joke and can't help. Trust me, the computer controls how sensitive your TB and pedal are. They can be made slower and faster in the tune. This is purely a waste of money. They take the signal voltage and adjust it to make the TB respond faster which also wears out the TB motor."

Thoughts? Sounds like there could be long term issues. If it's true that it can be tuned to do the same, why not just do that?

I never take anybody's word and try to do my own research, but honestly, I'm not the brightest car guy. There's so much utter crap that gets spewed on forums based on personal opinion and improper testing, it's hard for me to wade through everything to find the 5% truth. Just not sure what to trust.

For example...something as simple as catch cans...do they work...YES, I have both clean and dirty side. But, as my performance mechanic has proven to me and the other 20+ Camaros and other muscle and exotic cars he's worked on, when you put the proper oil levels in....WALLAH!, no oil in either catch can in 5000 miles. If I was tracking the car, I would probably see something, but I would guess that guys that see oil in the catch cans are actually overfilling the oil during oil changes versus actually having a blowby problem. So....who do you believe? I'm "glad" I put my catch cans on, but with no oil in either, it really is a waste of money for me. If I move and have to rely on a less competent mechanic, then I might see some benefit I suppose.

Thanks!

You cannot do the same thing with a tune. You will trigger REP if you go to far in the throttle settings.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 10:18 PM   #37
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
I will elaborate on that, the ability to tune your throttle is greatly limited when your using the PCM to change it. Throttle settings was the first thing I attempted when I first started tuning my car. I worked on it for months and went as far as you could possible go without triggering REP. The only way I could have avoided that was to change the REP tables and what the car does when it's triggered and that's not to safe. In fact you will be hard pressed to find a tuner who will even mess with the throttle settings, mainly for fear of bricking your PCM.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote