Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 08-20-2013, 09:58 PM   #197
GbrilliantQ
¡ʇuɐıןןıɹq

Drives: 2011 Camaro IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by elsololobo02 View Post
Not to pry but are you getting any kind of reimbursement from Rx to cover the cost of your repairs?
I gave him the list so far of problems and he basically blamed it on the design of the kit and to make it work right it would of cost the extra 3 grand or so that I have to put into it now.. Which I know for a fact I wouldnt have to if it were done right. I didn't have these issues after I installed it by myself, in my drive way on jackstands. Plus it took me 2 weeks, took RX 5 months.

But yeah.. I'm probably not going to get anything back.

From my Note
GbrilliantQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:02 PM   #198
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by GbrilliantQ View Post

<------------------ I mean, it does say I have an SS below my picture.

I'm usually on tapatalk so I do not see any of that stuff

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S III using telekinesis.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:29 PM   #199
elsololobo02

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GbrilliantQ View Post
I gave him the list so far of problems and he basically blamed it on the design of the kit and to make it work right it would of cost the extra 3 grand or so that I have to put into it now.. Which I know for a fact I wouldnt have to if it were done right. I didn't have these issues after I installed it by myself, in my drive way on jackstands. Plus it took me 2 weeks, took RX 5 months.

But yeah.. I'm probably not going to get anything back.

From my Note
Sorry, I just wanted to know the truth and thank you for sharing. I'm out $7.5K with my issues with Rx if that makes you feel any better. I do know you are getting fixed at one of the best shops in the nation so even after all this dissapointment with Rx you will get a smile back on your face at the end. Even heard some rumblings about a couple of Caddy guys having issues too.

Hopefully Rx will give you a refund or maybe you can file a complaint to recoup some of your funds. The V6 community has had issues for a while with Rx, kind of surprising to hear/read the V8 crowd is feeling the same pain.
elsololobo02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:39 PM   #200
Fallout
Mid Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS Ashen Gray
M

I'm just starting to find mistakes. Drive shaft is damaged and needs to be replaced. Someone forgot to massage the heat shield and it was strapped down wrong on the dyno causing the bindings to disintegrate. Installed by RX, also dealing with leaking oil from the timing cover.
Attached Images

Coming soon YSI and to the moon
Fallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:42 PM   #201
Fallout
Mid Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS Ashen Gray
DSS was surprised the driveshaft didnt come apart. Car has 2300 miles on it and already ruining stuff.
Attached Images

Coming soon YSI and to the moon
Fallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 03:56 PM   #202
GbrilliantQ
¡ʇuɐıןןıɹq

Drives: 2011 Camaro IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallout View Post
I'm just starting to find mistakes. Drive shaft is damaged and needs to be replaced. Someone forgot to massage the heat shield and it was strapped down wrong on the dyno causing the bindings to disintegrate. Installed by RX, also dealing with leaking oil from the timing cover.
Insane, but not surprising

From my Note
GbrilliantQ is offline   Reply With Quote