Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Motorsports Discussions

Old 05-23-2013, 02:59 PM   #57
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimless View Post

Doc let me just interject and say that I really wish that you could make it to this event. You have no idea how much your build journal has inspired me on my own build. Before I even bought my car i knew that I wanted to turn it into a corner carver. Lo and behold, you were already doing everything I had planned and more.

Attachment 513391

Blue Angel is what Tannhauser wants to be when it grows up.

Alright enough sucking up form me.

I think I'll go back to lurking for another year or so. See you all at Gingerman!
Believe me, if it wasn't 10 hours a day for 6 days driving to get there and back, I would love to be there and drive with you guys.

Well thank you very much for your kind words and I'm glad my project thread was useful for you; that's exactly why I created it.

You're going to have a blast at Gingerman, and especially if it's an all-Camaro5 event!

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 03:53 PM   #58
hp junkie

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS CGM
Registered!!
2010 2SS M6 CGM LMR cold air, texas speed underdrive pulley and complete stainless exhaust 17/8 headers coated, comp LSR cam, push rods and trunion upgrade, norris catch can, prothane engine mounts, pfadt coilovers, BMR everything suspension, BMR four point strut, MGW billet shifter, barton pistol grip handle, AAC dome and footwell blue, all lights 25% tint, RKsport carbon inlay spoiler, powdercoated calipers, Stoptech stainless brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, West Bend Dyno tune 491rwhp and 465rwtq corrected.
hp junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 04:43 PM   #59
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
It's the Holiday Inn Express that has the CGI preferred rate not Comfort Suites! I just made my reservations!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:17 PM   #60
Mgizzle

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS
Cool videos but I think we will run the new course with the new turn 10. Its actually more fun and does increase the track length a bit too. I cant wait.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:59 PM   #61
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgizzle View Post
Cool videos but I think we will run the new course with the new turn 10. Its actually more fun and does increase the track length a bit too. I cant wait.
If I have any input on the event and I don't, I would prefer the group run the old course the with shorter back straight. The shorter back straight is easier on the brakes. As technical as Gingerman is, very few drivers will carry the speed from the longer back straight though turn 11 or for that matter from the shorter straight on the old course.

JMO
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:07 PM   #62
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
nooooooooooooooooooooo so far. have fun...melt brakes burn brakes!
Old 05-23-2013, 10:33 PM   #63
rocketman 12
SOON.........

Drives: 2010 ABM SS/RS Z-281LE
It's a solid "maybe" here........Maybe somebody *cough* JusticePete *cough* could help convince my wife to let me have a little more fun with the Camaro.......
Old 05-23-2013, 10:35 PM   #64
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketman 12 View Post
It's a solid "maybe" here........Maybe somebody *cough* JusticePete *cough* could help convince my wife to let me have a little more fun with the Camaro.......
Tell her it is a charity event. She doesn't have to know the beneficiary is driving
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 01:21 PM   #65
AquaSSRS

Drives: formerly a AGM ZL1 (sold)
Wow I really wish this a little closer and I didn't have to work that weekend. Nevermind, my second child is due on June 25th, so can't leave that early. Please set up one of these closer to the east coast, say at NJMP.

These HPDE events are amazing. I did 2 events last year with IMG racing with my SS and it was awesome.
Old 05-24-2013, 02:51 PM   #66
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Guys - I understand there was possibly some confusion with the hotels. I made a mistake in communicating group-rate hotels. I've just now updated all information in my posts...and I'll repeat it here for good measure. Sorry about that!

HOTELS

A special group rate has been established for participants in CGI's events...please contact the hotel below for reservations! Just mention that you're "driving with CGI" to get the special rate.

Holiday Inn Express
1741 Phoenix Road
South Haven, Mi. 49090
(269)637-8800
Old 05-24-2013, 03:01 PM   #67
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
Am I missing something? You WERE called Dragoneye at some point right?
Yep - that's what my username used to be. All it took was a little piece of paper in the lobby of our Host hotel at the Camaro 5 Fest to change all that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedestech View Post
I've never attended an event like this, heck I've never had my car on anything but the street. Would it be worth attending with my stock suspension and tires/wheels? I have plenty of power with my current mods, but haven't done any suspension work just yet. Sounds fun, just wouldn't want to embarass myself.
Do it!! No embarrassment among friends.

Besides...there's a first time for everything right? Best get your feet wet with other Camaro owners...you won't be the only rookie there - and that's the point! To get you guys hooked on this sport!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkyDL75 View Post
I wanna go FAST!! A trip to Gingerman and CamaroCross will be totally awesome!! I gotta see what I can do to make this trip happen!
Should I add your name to the list?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
I'll be going pretty slow around the track considering it will be a newborn from the factory. I'm sure I'll be babying the piss out of it.
Pete's advice is sound. Plus....just drive a lot before you get there. You'll be fine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hp junkie View Post
Registered!!
:headbang! Awesome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
It's the Holiday Inn Express that has the CGI preferred rate not Comfort Suites! I just made my reservations!
Thanks, Mike - just updated everything. My apologies for the confusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
You're going to have a blast at Gingerman, and especially if it's an all-Camaro5 event!
Wish you could be there!
Old 05-24-2013, 09:08 PM   #68
marticus24

Drives: 2012 ZL1
A couple of questions... I've never done something like this, but this seems like a great opportunity.

-Is the instruction provided to the Novice groups included in the registration cost?
-How does the instruction work - does somebody ride with you and provide instruction, or will you have group instruction and then go out on your own to see what you can do?
-Will the event be open to other vehicles outside of 5th gens?
-Passengers allowed?

I'm probably going to come, but just want to know how this stuff typically goes.

Thanks!
marticus24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 12:12 PM   #69
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by marticus24 View Post
A couple of questions... I've never done something like this, but this seems like a great opportunity.

-Is the instruction provided to the Novice groups included in the registration cost?
-How does the instruction work - does somebody ride with you and provide instruction, or will you have group instruction and then go out on your own to see what you can do?
-Will the event be open to other vehicles outside of 5th gens?
-Passengers allowed?

I'm probably going to come, but just want to know how this stuff typically goes.

Thanks!
Post #1 has most of the info you need. Also you can click on the novice link for more info at CGI's website. A novice is $185 which includes the instructor and is mandatory. There will be other vehicles out there but CGI is reserving the first slots for Camaro5! I didn't see anything about having a passenger but you can contact CGI to find out! Hope to see you there! This is my first event of this type too!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:23 PM   #70
marticus24

Drives: 2012 ZL1
I'm in - just registered. Hopefully I don't embarrass myself too much
marticus24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aimless cant drive.., road course action in mi, ssmike can't get enough