Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-11-2014, 07:00 AM   #29
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
Two words WARRANTY CLAIMS. Nuff said.

Not nuff said, please elaborate. If GM were to engineer some LT's and high flows, or adopt another reputable design and incorporate that in to their design and tune of the car what would warranty claims have to do with anything? I dont see the relevance as this is replacing one part with another that hasnt been shown to cause anymore issues than the part replaced.
Old 03-11-2014, 12:50 PM   #30
oftenimitated

Drives: 2004 Honda Civic+2011 Camaro 2SS
its not worth GM to do it on every car when they know the people that really want them will buy them regardless if they come stock or not.

its kind of like they could put bigger tires on their trucks and have them sit higher to look better but they need to worry about MPG and know that the enthusiasts will just do it anyway
oftenimitated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:12 PM   #31
Frost

Drives: GM anything
I am an hr and half or so away; no need to get remote programming if you want dyno tuning.

We can get the headers in for ya as well; we have done more than one or two
Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 07:45 PM   #32
Baltimorejohn1

Drives: Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
Not nuff said, please elaborate. If GM were to engineer some LT's and high flows, or adopt another reputable design and incorporate that in to their design and tune of the car what would warranty claims have to do with anything? I dont see the relevance as this is replacing one part with another that hasnt been shown to cause anymore issues than the part replaced.
It's more to do with being 50 state approved for noise emissions and stuff like that

It's been that way since the 60s
That way if it's out of spec some state doesn't sue the company lol
Then the lawsuits as people who wanted say you sold this to me and I got fined and such

Plausible deniability lol
Old 03-13-2014, 08:06 PM   #33
BasedSS

Drives: 2014 SS
I have Stainless Works Lt's and a Jennety tune and I love it!!
2014 SS Stainless Works Headers w/ high flow cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Exhaust, Jannety Tune, Hurst short throw, APEX catch can, Tampa Tunning Throttle Body, APEX/Gen5 LED fogs, CAI Intake system, Diode Dynamics LED's, ACS T4 Splitter
BasedSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:58 PM   #34
vonrebel

Drives: 2021 2SS 1le Shock
Teds has tuned both of my ss camaros with SCT, a 2011 SS m6, with full bolt ons & 2013 SS A6, w/ cam heads, never had any problem and both cars ran strong,. Fast Professional Service, Thanks Ted!
A10, Navigation, Sunroof, Illuminated bow tie, 30% tint, GM Splash guards, GM Strut brace, GM CAI, Illuminated foot wells, Wicker bill, BLK GM Camaro fender badge, GM Fuel door w/ Carbon fiber inserts.
vonrebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 04:53 AM   #35
RS/SSCAMARO

Drives: 2012 AGM Camaro RS/SS
CAI Intake, Stainless power headers and full exhaust with a JRE Tune over here with no complaints
Matte black Forgestar F14's 20x9/20x11,Matte Black ZL1 Splitter/Heritage grill/taillight bezels,mail slot vinyl and SS Badge, Blacked out Lights/markers, Tinted, CAI Cold air intake, Stainless Power Longtubes, HFC's, SLP LMII axle back, JRE Tune, BMR 1'' Lowering Springs/Rear Sub Frame Connectors/Tunnel Brace,Trailing arms.Granatelli front sub frame connector, GM Strut Tower Brace.
RS/SSCAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 05:39 AM   #36
1fast
8.60 @ 157 @ 4200lbs

Drives: 2010 Gen 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13camarossva View Post
So im at a dillemma right now.and ive done lots of back and forth reading and i cant decide. I have two options right now, I can either go with Stainless Power LT's with a Jannetty tune on the iTSX or i can get kooks headers and run a canned tune until i can make it over to the shop in my area.

I know stainless power are the same as stainless works (made in china) but ive heard nothing but good reviews on kooks. and i have heard nothing but great things about jannetty tunes. and for the buck thats the way to go.

If i go a canned tune on the intune what would the drawbacks be, obviously not full potential of headers, which really im not running at the track yet. but would the canned tune eliminate the O2 sensor error i would receive that would pop up after the header install.

Im really itching to press the button on a purchase, but im tossed between the two. could someone please provide any exta knowledge into this.

Thanks
Kooks are a great Header along with American Racing, as far as the tune goes, A dyno / street tune is gonna get you the best overall results. Put it on the dyno then log while driving on the street to nail down your trims and any driving issues, gets you on the spot as far as tunes. Any mail order or hand held will work but you will leave a little on the table in my opinion.

If you have any question, or need assistance in install or tuning or looking for a shop give us a call so we can answer any question you may have or do a install and tune for you.
https://www.facebook.com/BroadviewAutoService
1fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 10:01 AM   #37
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BasedSS View Post
I have Stainless Works Lt's and a Jennety tune and I love it!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonrebel View Post
Teds has tuned both of my ss camaros with SCT, a 2011 SS m6, with full bolt ons & 2013 SS A6, w/ cam heads, never had any problem and both cars ran strong,. Fast Professional Service, Thanks Ted!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS/SSCAMARO View Post
CAI Intake, Stainless power headers and full exhaust with a JRE Tune over here with no complaints
Thank you for the Props guys, Always Glad to help with JRE Plug and Play Power solutions.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote