Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 12-31-2011, 08:12 AM   #1
Chelsea Star

Drives: black striped inferno orange camaro
Problem with installing the SS Headlights on LT!!

I've just bought a pair of the Camaro SS headlights in order to install them on my LT, I've seen many V6 Camaros (other than RS) which had these headlights installed, so I assumed that they will be easily installed on mine as well...
however, there appeared to be a problem, as the lighting wire on my car contains only 3 pins (for the normal yellow headlights) while the SS headlights which I bought require 4 pins to be connected properly.. as the xenon light requires higher amount of energy...
I took my car to the Chevy service center, and they said that they might be able to do that for me, but they need about 30-45 days as they need to order a certain part to fix my problem from Australia..
besides, the price of that part is too high (around 1000$) and I can't wait that long!!

is there anyway for me to fix this problem and install these headlights without waiting all this time, and paying all these money?
each headlight costed me around 2000$
paying 1000$ on all of that is too much for a pair of headlights!!

please help cuz the headlights are laying down on that corner in my room waiting to be used..

Edit: I also want to know, if I exchanged my SS headlights with RS headlights, will that make any difference?? although they look the same.. but I thought that the RS headlights could be installable on the LT/LS.. is that true?

Last edited by Chelsea Star; 12-31-2011 at 08:45 AM.
Chelsea Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 08:31 AM   #2
INtha305

Drives: 2010 camaro lt
U paid $2000 per light? Return them
INtha305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 08:42 AM   #3
Chelsea Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by INtha305 View Post
U paid $2000 per light? Return them
yes unfortunately, you see.. accessories prices here in the UAE are much than they are in the US, so this was the best price I could get :(
many people here prefer to order from outside for cheaper prices, but I couldn't wait so I bought them here.. but this doesn't seem to be time saving..
Old 12-31-2011, 10:36 PM   #4
LimaCharlie

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS - 2004 Silverado
You should've done research before buying.
First of all, there are no "SS" headlights. The Camaro has halogen headlights or the optional HID headlights. The halogen lights are standard on the LS, LT, and SS cars. Cars with the HID lights from the factory have the "RS Package", which is only available on LT and SS cars.
Converting from halogen to HID lights is expensive since the HID's require high voltage equipment.
Bottom line, you will have to wait until the parts come from Australia. There is no other way to install the lights properly. You can get a cheap aftermarket kit but nothing is better than OEM parts.

2004 Black Silverado 1500 2WD Regular Cab, Short Bed
-5.3 LM7, 4L60E, 3.42, G80

2014 White Caprice PPV
-6.0 L77, 6L80E, 2.92, G80
LimaCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 03:07 AM   #5
Chelsea Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimaCharlie View Post
You should've done research before buying.
First of all, there are no "SS" headlights. The Camaro has halogen headlights or the optional HID headlights. The halogen lights are standard on the LS, LT, and SS cars. Cars with the HID lights from the factory have the "RS Package", which is only available on LT and SS cars.
Converting from halogen to HID lights is expensive since the HID's require high voltage equipment.
Bottom line, you will have to wait until the parts come from Australia. There is no other way to install the lights properly. You can get a cheap aftermarket kit but nothing is better than OEM parts.
Indeed, I should research before buying anything later..
Thanks for your explanation.. I didn't know how to explain that but yes I meant the HID lights
agreed, there's nothing better than the OEM parts.. and I guess I'm going to wait for that part anyway
thanks for your support