Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-14-2009, 12:54 PM   #1
towmoe

Drives: IBM 2010 Camaro
Where are the Camaros?

I'm just wondering. When production first started it was stated that it would take 7 to 10 days for the cars to ship, which didn't happen. A couple of weeks ago we heard the Camaros have been released for shipment and still no one has one except for Hendricks. What is going on here? Do the Camaros have problems that need to be worked out or is GM holding them until the May reveal. If either of these are the case, please just let us know.

This lack of communication on the shipment of the Camaros is only causing frustration and speculation. If the cars need extra inspection, let the dealers know so they can let us know. If the cars are to be held until May, again, let the dealers know so we can know. Anyone who has ordered a car needs to know when to expect the car so they can set up financing, sell their other car, return their leased car or a variety of other reasons. GM really needs to communicate on what is going on with the shipment of cars so those ordering the car can plan accordingly.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:56 PM   #2
bluch
OH CANADA!

Drives: 2011 RAM 1500 LARAMIE

Had to trade in the Camaro for a truck :(, but hopefully I can join the Camaro family again one day
bluch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 12:59 PM   #3
marcgo2

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue
Well if you haven't seen the news lately GM is pretty busy nowadays fighting for their survival. It may seem like a simple thing to provide more and better communication but even that stuff costs a lot of time and money, and GM is lacking both of those right now.
marcgo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 01:02 PM   #4
Visual_Perfection

Drives: '02 Bonneville SLE
I know there have been tons of threads on this already and people are getting impatient, however I agree with the original poster, why has nobody been given a definitive answer on this. I haven't ordered a car so it doesn't matter much to me other than I am excited to see them on the road, but with all these threads that keep popping up with angry/impatient people, if there was an actual definitive answer out there people would stop posting and wouldn't be so impatient/upset IMO
Old 04-14-2009, 01:04 PM   #5
MerlinZero
Big Orange

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
Ok... listen up.. Hendricks has his because he owns the damn delaership...I'm pretty sure he's not driving them around.

the street date for these cars is May 6th.

MAY 6th... again..

So please do not throw negativity around... yes people are getting impatient. Trust me, I know, but its going to do no good to complain like this.
" First, there was darkness, Then, On March 16th, Scott said LET THERE BE CAMARO, and there was Camaro, and Scott saw that it was good. Camaro5 3:16"

VIN: 2G1FT1EWXA9120523
ETA 7/6/09 (Delivered 7/10/09)
MerlinZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 01:05 PM   #6
towmoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcgo2 View Post
Well if you haven't seen the news lately GM is pretty busy nowadays fighting for their survival. It may seem like a simple thing to provide more and better communication but even that stuff costs a lot of time and money, and GM is lacking both of those right now.
I have to disagree with you here. GM had an IDL on 4/9, just last week, for dealers. They could have easily put this information into that communication.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:07 PM   #7
towmoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerlinZero View Post
Ok... listen up.. Hendricks has his because he owns the damn delaership...I'm pretty sure he's not driving them around.

the street date for these cars is May 6th.

MAY 6th... again..

So please do not throw negativity around... yes people are getting impatient. Trust me, I know, but its going to do no good to complain like this.
Where are you getting "the street date for these cars is May 6th"? Again, when the cars first went into production I, and many others, saw it would take 7 to 10 days for shipment. Again, just a couple of weeks ago there was a big thread which stated the Camaros are released for shipment. Neither of these communications said anything about May 6th.

I just want clear communication so I and others can plan accordingly.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:11 PM   #8
MerlinZero
Big Orange

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by towmoe View Post
Where are you getting "the street date for these cars is May 6th"? Again, when the cars first went into production I, and many others, saw it would take 7 to 10 days for shipment. Again, just a couple of weeks ago there was a big thread which stated the Camaros are released for shipment. Neither of these communications said anything about May 6th.

I just want clear communication so I and others can plan accordingly.
Read further back.. its probably lost in a thread and im too tired over this to go digging.... The date Hendricks will be able to show the cars he has is a press day on May 6th, that same day the other dealers around the U.S. will be able to start allowing people to drive the demo cars they received (the one-per-dealer cars). If you think about it. thats just over 2 weeks away.. thats not that long.

I understand your issue. I really do. I've been on preorder since 10/13/08... I've been watching this damn thing come to life since 2006... But its not going to do any good to have these threads...
" First, there was darkness, Then, On March 16th, Scott said LET THERE BE CAMARO, and there was Camaro, and Scott saw that it was good. Camaro5 3:16"

VIN: 2G1FT1EWXA9120523
ETA 7/6/09 (Delivered 7/10/09)
MerlinZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 01:16 PM   #9
towmoe

Again, the main issue is communication so those who ordered can plan accordingly. I can't tell someone who wants to buy my car, "uh, I don't know when I can sell it to you". No one can run a business like that. People have to be able to plan for such a large purchase. If it takes GM to May 6th to deliver the cars, fine, just communicate that clearly so there are no bad assumptions and so I can plan my moves.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:20 PM   #10
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
When they have something to say or show you'll hear from them.

It's a waste of time for GM to give second by second makeready and shipping details..

Why? Cause they are fixing things and shipping things and are not a make to order company. They sell stock from lots. Like the Japanese and Koreans...
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 01:26 PM   #11
towmoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash View Post
When they have something to say or show you'll hear from them.

It's a waste of time for GM to give second by second makeready and shipping details..

Why? Cause they are fixing things and shipping things and are not a make to order company. They sell stock from lots. Like the Japanese and Koreans...
What??? Any business that is trying to sell something to a customer needs to communicate when shipment is expected. That is business 101. Just because this IS GM and we WANT the Camaro doesn't mean they can slack on the customer service.

Come on people, I'm just saying GM needs to communicate when expected delivery will be so we who ordered can plan for it. That is not a big issue, or shouldn't be one.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:29 PM   #12
Louie L.

Drives: 69Z,92Ragtop,96SS
I'm kinda on the fence...I am an enthusiast bigtime but did not order a '10 Camaro,BUT a delay this long....without an explanation (of paid/customer cars), is kinda tough for those who ordered....why there are none at the dealers is kinda weird/unfair
Louie L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 01:31 PM   #13
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
Most of the dealers in and around the Chicago area are having their formal unveiling and release to customers on May 6th. Our club has been asked to support many of these events.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:34 PM   #14
towmoe

I understand the "unveiling" of the Camaro for the general public, but if this included paid "pre-orders" it was never communicated as such.