Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 07-27-2009, 08:19 PM   #1
gmag21
gmag21

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to gmag21 Send a message via Skype™ to gmag21
Will this void my warranty?

Hello camaro community,

I just recently put my car on order (L99 1SS RS CGM) and was wondering if anyone knew if the following modifications would destroy my warranty:

-American Racing Headers
-LMR Intake
**Vigilante 3200 stall**
-Port and polish throttle body
-NGK TR6 spark plugs
**Dyno Tune**

The stars I added are the things I believe could possibly say bye to warranty, but I wanna hear it from you guys.

Also, (Im a car-noob), what does a Stall actually do?? Does it make any more horsepower or does it make the car shift harder; I dont want to buy it if its not what I think it is, can anyone enlighten me on this?

Thanks,

Grant
gmag21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 08:21 PM   #2
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmag21 View Post
Hello camaro community,

I just recently put my car on order (L99 1SS RS CGM) and was wondering if anyone knew if the following modifications would destroy my warranty:

-American Racing Headers
-LMR Intake
**Vigilante 3200 stall**
-Port and polish throttle body
-NGK TR6 spark plugs
**Dyno Tune**

The stars I added are the things I believe could possibly say bye to warranty, but I wanna hear it from you guys.

Also, (Im a car-noob), what does a Stall actually do?? Does it make any more horsepower or does it make the car faster; I dont want to buy it if its not what I think it is, can anyone enlighten me on this?

Thanks,

Grant
Yes and no. All of those parts will void the warrantee for the pat of the engine they effect. But if you have a big problem and get a hump of a dealer, and local GM rep, you will be left to fight for everything. Modders beware, warrantee is for people not modding.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:39 PM   #3
gmag21
gmag21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmicro_SS View Post
Yes and no. All of those parts will void the warrantee for the pat of the engine they effect. But if you have a big problem and get a hump of a dealer, and local GM rep, you will be left to fight for everything. Modders beware, warrantee is for people not modding.
So if it was a problem that didnt have to do with a modded section of my car it would still be covered correct? Like a misfunctioning seatbelt or something
Old 07-27-2009, 08:59 PM   #4
coolman

you really wouldn't need a converter like that unless you put a bigger cam in and lower gears. that would cause warranty issues along with the dyno tune of the ecu.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 09:21 PM   #5
camaro1

Drives: 550+RWHP 2010 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
you really wouldn't need a converter like that unless you put a bigger cam in and lower gears. that would cause warranty issues along with the dyno tune of the ecu.
not really true,, a stall even on a stock l99 will make it a much better driving car,, and it will give you a few 1/10's in the 1/4 mile,, check out the g8 forums guys are getting .3+ gain in the 1/4 from just a stall/tune with the 6L80E

agreed it will void your warranty
415ci stroker, TVS 2300 Magnacharger, cnc heads, cam, yank ss3200 converter, Kooks long tubes, Bwoody true cold air kit, ZL1 Pump, magnaflow 3" cat-back, lowering springs,BMR control arms and tie rod bars, 3.73 gears, diff mounts, RX can, ADM fuel controller
camaro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 09:49 PM   #6
gmag21
gmag21

I personally have a $4000 price limit on whatever mods I wish to add..

I'll track it occasionally for fun but nothing serious- primarily for fun on street

What would u do to ur car? o_O
Old 07-28-2009, 12:15 PM   #7
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmag21 View Post
I personally have a $4000 price limit on whatever mods I wish to add..

I'll track it occasionally for fun but nothing serious- primarily for fun on street

What would u do to ur car? o_O

Full exhaust (long tube headers, high flow cats, catback), intake, and dyno tune - (that will give you 40-50hp and really make your car fun).
Then you can add a converter if you really want to haul axx.

And if that's still not enough, my next move would be a nice cam package (+100hp over stock when combined with a full exhaust and intake).
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote