Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-11-2010, 07:22 PM   #57
GSUNCSU
Watch This!

Drives: Super Charged 1SS/RS, M6, CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by savage71ChevelleSS View Post
Hey, jerkoff post of the day. Thanks for playing
You were faster on the "submit" than me...
K&N CAI, Wet Okole Seat Covers, MagnaFlow Street Perf. Ex. (Axle Back), MPD Hood, Gary's Customz ZL1 Fascia/Vented Fenders/Custom Stripes/Paint, AAC Afterburners/Fog Light Halos/Side Markers/Misc LEDs, Bee-Otch Air Freshener, Hurst Shifter and Line-Loc(APEX), RPI Splash Guards, MagnaCharger (Texas-Speed)(Installed by ME), Rx Catch Can and Breather, Billet Pulleys (SC2150), ARH Headers, LPE Twin Fuel Pump, Custom Blower Cam, Custom Tune TBArwhp, TBArwtorq, Boost Gauge and Single Pod (MTI)
GSUNCSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 07:37 PM   #58
savage71ChevelleSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS Imperial Blue
GSUNCSU, too funny, some guy with a 1LT trying to tell us that our cars are useless. I wonder if they guy bothered to read his post before hit submit and realized what an ignorant statement it was.
savage71ChevelleSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 07:41 PM   #59
MrE

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
Black 2SS FTW! Love the curves that black shows off, its just a pain in the butt to keep clean. 15 minutes after washing her, she's dirty again.
Delivered to customer 11/24/09 - Happy ever since.
MrE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 07:51 PM   #60
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by G10 View Post
This is bullshit... Why is Aqua Blue metalic so low... if that color were still available it would be selling like crazy.
The numbers are telling different. It's not available because it wasn't selling like crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssump29 View Post
It's funny the 2SS and 2LTs lead the way yet if you were to read the post here you would think no one buys the 2SS since everyone always saying they don't need the extras and fake leather and blah blah. Just that shows them how wrong they were.
The ones that say they don't need leather and all the other extras didn't get a 2SS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Seems like, the 1ss is almost a useless model to offer, because if someone is going to to get the V8 they might as well get the 2ss, because its absolutely illogical to spend the money on the SS and not get the full model.
I honestly don't see the point in spending more money on stuff that I neither wanted nor needed. All I wanted was the V8, Why would I want to pay 3K extra for stuff that I really don't want or need.

Why would anyone? You are making assumptions, really bad ones at that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
Better be careful- if trim levels are anything like paint, the 1SS could be heading down an ugly road... When you compare, you have to look at strictly V6 then strictly V8. The 1SS is less than 12% of the V8 volume while the V6 trims are 16.2%, 36.5%, and 47.3% respectively of the total V6 production. I would venture a guess that there is a number at which they would drop a trim level; say if 1SS falls below 7% of the V8 volume...

ONLY A GUESS PEOPLE...don't freak out.
Trim levels are not like paint. They won't just throw away a trim and offer the SS with leather only. Imagine what it would do for the market if all SS were 35K+. I know I wouldn't have bought one.
The problem with the 1SS IMO, is that it is more like what the LS is to the 2LT. Little to no options, leaves people either having to upgrade to a 2SS to get things they want(and don't). Or step down to a V6.

Maybe if they added more Options to the 1SS, we would see an increase in sales on that trim level.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:53 PM   #61
CaniacFan

Drives: '10 SS CGM #75,288, '14 Stingray
No surprise that black is the color winner. Was a little surprised RY and IOM were in the middle as they were definitely "the colors" at the Fest a couple weeks ago.

I'm a proud owner of a 2SS, I still smile (permagrin) every morning when I start it up in the garage for my daily commute. Just to hear that roar (bone stock-no mods) makes my day. I jam all the way to work listening to XM.

I couldn't afford it, but wanted the "loaded" model for it's 1st year back.

God, I love this car. Lori To each his or her own.
CaniacFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 08:00 PM   #62
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by G10 View Post
This is bullshit... Why is Aqua Blue metalic so low... if that color were still available it would be selling like crazy.
It's sad. It's a great color. I was gonna get it but when I saw the IO interior I changed my mind and got IOM. I feel that if people could have seen it in person it would have done better, but sadly even when they announced it was going away the numbers didn't go up.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 08:05 PM   #63
MyIBMssRS

Drives: 10 IBM SS RS/14 1500 Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
I find the wide gap between the number of 2ss andd 1ss sold compared to the close game of the number of 2lt vs 1lt sold telling.

Seems like, the 1ss is almost a useless model to offer, because if someone is going to to get the V8 they might as well get the 2ss, because its absolutely illogical to spend the money on the SS and not get the full model.

Now compare that to the narrow gap between 2lt and 1lt. Looks like the 1LT owners didn't see the point of spending any more change, because they wanted to stay at a certain pricepoint. But combine the 2 numbers and you have almost 35% of the market being V6 Camaros.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leolee View Post
i see what your saying but i see that a lot of guys on here want just the engine and nothing fancy, like no guages, no bluetooth, no leather, just an engine, body, a steering wheel and maybe... maybe.. maybe a radio lol
Exactly. I hate leather, I don't need useless gauges and I've never used the bluetooth feature on my cellphone. So my 1SS was a great value.

Proud to be driving the 2nd lowest selling color on the second lowest selling model.
MyIBMssRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 08:10 PM   #64
MyIBMssRS

Drives: 10 IBM SS RS/14 1500 Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
Trim levels are not like paint. They won't just throw away a trim and offer the SS with leather only. Imagine what it would do for the market if all SS were 35K+. I know I wouldn't have bought one.
The problem with the 1SS IMO, is that it is more like what the LS is to the 2LT. Little to no options, leaves people either having to upgrade to a 2SS to get things they want(and don't). Or step down to a V6.

Maybe if they added more Options to the 1SS, we would see an increase in sales on that trim level.
Or maybe if car companies let people option cars a la carte and not bunch together so many options that you force people to pay more for stuff they don't really want just to get 1 or 2 more features.
MyIBMssRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 08:10 PM   #65
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

BTW
I'm proud of being one of 143 IBM 1SS/RS M6
Attached Images

Old 05-11-2010, 08:34 PM   #66
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok View Post
I feel honored to be a IBMer.
IBM FTW!
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 08:37 PM   #67
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

I can break it down even more. There are only 43 other cars identical to mine.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:40 PM   #68
USAFJeeper
Bringing mullets back

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2LT/RS
MY !SS IS AN EXTENSION OF MY MANHOOD! Oh wait, I have a 2lt... I feel so inferior at teh christmas tree. No wait I dont cause I get plenty of presents! HONKIN HONKIN!

Next - Tinting
USAFJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 08:45 PM   #69
JSC81

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyIBMssRS View Post
Exactly. I hate leather, I don't need useless gauges and I've never used the bluetooth feature on my cellphone. So my 1SS was a great value.

Proud to be driving the 2nd lowest selling color on the second lowest selling model.
I'm pretty happy with my 1SS IBM especially since I see how rare it is now. I wanted bluetooth but not so much everything else that came with the 2SS. I could care less about the gauges. I have a spot to put stuff while freeing up my cup holders for their intended purpose. The usb is meh imho. My wife has an ipod, but I go this route throw about 10CD's in MP format on one CD and bam there you go! Only thing I wanted was stereo controlls on the wheel. Since then I have installed them and saved a ton of money vs getting options I didnt want.

Edit: GM failed with how they laid out options I think.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:49 PM   #70
corvette_dad

Drives: 2010 2ss/rs red/grey stripes
I am curious about manual vs. automatics
corvette_dad is offline   Reply With Quote