Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-09-2009, 10:32 AM   #29
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
IBM WILL stay
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 10:36 AM   #30
Edge.128

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
IBM WILL stay
You seem like a reliable source for these things so that is good to hear!!
Edge.128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 01:58 PM   #31
MikesZ
Group Provocateur

Drives: Long Distances
IBM is one of my favorite colors. I hope they keep it.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:19 PM   #32
RetroDude
Owner of VIN # 35278

Drives: IBM 2SS, A6, Leather & Sunroof
If IBM is dropped that would be a real shame unless they decide to ditch ABM as well and replace both with a more Medium Blue Metallic as seen on last years Sema #6 Car. Fbodfather once said here before that they take a look at any colour which falls below the 3% of sales rule and discuss whether or not that colour should be retained, however, nothing is set in stone and trends / moods change on a daily basis too. So sit back and enjoy IBM now and if GM decides to drop it for 2011, hey, at least I got mine as I have absolutely no plans on giving it up either!

LUV MY IBM..........

Name:  DSC00735.jpg
Views: 868
Size:  243.8 KB
RetroDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 02:31 PM   #33
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Oh well if true glad I stuck with IBM as she is at 3400
Old 10-09-2009, 02:34 PM   #34
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Sounds more and more like the rumor I heard about ABM being the one on the possible chopping block might be true. I will say that the source that I heard it from is a more reliable one than most.

Also, whatever color they pull the plug on I think you'll be able to order until the day they officially pull that plug. They will then complete those orders and there will be no more after those orders are filled. At least that's the way I understand it.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 02:58 PM   #35
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT with silver rallys
IBM is a great color - they should keep it. When I was looking at other cars before the Camaro came out I def wanted something dark blue, like navy. If I hadn't fallen in love with my RJT I'd have gotten the IBM.
There are not alot of cars out there in such a dark blue, it's refreshing compared to those flaming blue cars (IMO those are tacky- I like the color just not on cars).
The ABM is nice (same as above- nice color, but personally would never want it on my car) but I'd think that would be the dropped one as it's more of a love/hate color....you really have to LOVE it to have it on your car.
Tessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 05:06 PM   #36
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
All - -

We have no plans at this time to eliminate Imperial Blue Metallic.

We DO watch color penetration very closely - and when a color falls below 3% application rate, we receive a warning from the assembly plant -- and we must get that up or the color will be in danger of being dropped. (Doug mentioned Sport Gold and Hugger Orange as examples on the 4th gen)

But -- again - we have no plans at this time to eliminate Imperial Blue Metallic.

(....and let me say this: the color is stunning - a much 'clearer' Dark Blue than Navy Blue on the 4th gen -- which had a lot of 'red' in it)
Old 10-09-2009, 05:13 PM   #37
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
All - -

We DO watch color penetration very closely - and when a color falls below 3% application rate, we receive a warning from the assembly plant -- and we must get that up or the color will be in danger of being dropped. (Doug mentioned Sport Gold and Hugger Orange as examples on the 4th gen)

But -- again - we have no plans at this time to eliminate Imperial Blue Metallic.

(....and let me say this: the color is stunning - a much 'clearer' Dark Blue than Navy Blue on the 4th gen -- which had a lot of 'red' in it)
Just give me time to order mine. By the way, See you in LA next week.
Old 10-10-2009, 12:22 AM   #38
RetroDude
Owner of VIN # 35278

Drives: IBM 2SS, A6, Leather & Sunroof
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroDude View Post
If IBM is dropped that would be a real shame unless they decide to ditch ABM as well and replace both with a more Medium Blue Metallic as seen on last years Sema #6 Car. Fbodfather once said here before that they take a look at any colour which falls below the 3% of sales rule and discuss whether or not that colour should be retained, however, nothing is set in stone and trends / moods change on a daily basis too. So sit back and enjoy IBM now and if GM decides to drop it for 2011, hey, at least I got mine as I have absolutely no plans on giving it up either!

LUV MY IBM..........

Attachment 61889
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
All - -

Thanks fbodfather again for stepping in and clarifying this for us! I agree, Imperial Blue is by far way more stunning than the Navy Blue it replaced that adorned the 4th Gen Camaro. One of the reasons why I chose it in the first place!
RetroDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 02:09 AM   #39
BOBSS
Outlaw

Drives: 2010SS
Holy Shi! doc, where did you get those wheels?

On topic, I don't thinK you could do better than (paintend) black rallye stripes and hockey stripes on IBM. It's my only regret. Please don't stop the IBM!

Doc, where did you get those wheels?

If I may,
Nutek; 505
Hankook Ventus V12 Evos in 275/40-19 (I would totally drive in snow with those)
no springs
look at that!

matte black with brushed lips 4me!

Last edited by BOBSS; 10-10-2009 at 02:58 AM.
BOBSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 03:04 AM   #40
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBSS View Post
Holy Shi! doc, where did you get those wheels?

On topic, I don't thinK you could do better than (paintend) black rallye stripes and hockey stripes on IBM. It's my only regret. Please don't stop the IBM!

Doc, where did you get those wheels?

If I may,
Nutek; 505
Hankook Ventus V12 Evos in 275/40-19 (I would totally drive in snow with those)
no springs
look at that!

matte black with brushed lips 4me!
Thanks for the compliment.

I got them from Nutek; ask for Jim Dunphy. GREAT guy to work with and he said he'll work with Camaro5 members to give them the best deal and service he can. Just say Doc from Camaro5 sent you.

http://www.nutekwheels.com/

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 09:00 AM   #41
geminidreams

Drives: ABM 2LT / RS
Hey Im ok if ABM isn't a very popular color..
geminidreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 09:26 AM   #42
Ferrarimk13

Drives: Hopefully a Camaro in a year
dont GM dare take away ABM, the best color out there. Everything else is just so damn common with every other car in this world.
Ferrarimk13 is offline   Reply With Quote